PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 February 2018 at 1:14PM
    Options
    To the needy and others :heartpuls

I cannot believe what the lots of you has bin up to. From crashing and things I do not know. As for being so bad to get band! What can I say. BoP has told yous lot inn the past about being carded etc, and normally it is & and the ether that causes more grief than a winters drop of snow! Dear dear dear! Mhags. It must as bin good to get yourself a straight red! A previous BoP was band! A previous incarnation of BoP was band! No further comment will be said.

We once has a cat called George who waited on our neighbores conservatory for the fledgings to wing it! They were mostly were capable of getting flight without interference! Sometimes, it is time for the chick to take flight! Mother always knew that they would be back to the nest at last light!

George did not get many!

5 On about cats and that, Raffles is still licking his paws after crashing into the orangery window yesterday! He is eating, but pride has been seriously downed! A couple of nibble treats has helped. Again, proper foods soon gets it sore ted! BoPsie is coping well!

4 Talking of hot air, we has our smart meters fitted last week! And it has made no difference at all. Not to anything. Still, it does say we have pumped mega amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere and I cannot offset this at the moment as my birch, cherry, and willow trees are all bereft of leaves! I just wander if the decaying leaves from the saved trees on the estate are adding as well! I hope the yellow thing hurries back soon, otherwise I will have to keep the central heating on! Tariff was also checked, no deals for BoP at the moment, but as the $ has dropped >>>> Watch BoP notes. BoPsie tootsies are being kept warm!

3 Office finally finished with new screen. BoPsie is doing the painting this week and that be it for the year then! I am now looking forward to easter, when those who cannot DiY go out and buy things they cannot build. Please avoid the rush. On this, whens mes and BoPsie got together, now nearly 32 eons ago, we paid a visit to the softwood flat pack emporium that now sells meat balls. They should stay with the balls. We has no been back! Avoid!

2 Talking of emporiums, two have personally written to BoP as to why we has not bothered to grease their sticky palms. Both offering windfalls of cash inn the hope I am stupid enough to do so. S has offered a meagre £2 if I empty my pocket of £20! While their competitor has offered a massive £12 off. Problem is I would have to spend £80 in their store. My weekly shop does not come to that so I will use them inn the incinerator instead! Avoid. Oh, lastly on this, I note the educationalists are offs soon, and that means another meagre £2.50 voucher comes from T. That insignificant, we cannot even exchange it for a cinema ticket. Cocoa it is then! Proper cocoa, not that foamed drink. I see inn the emporium for the plastic waste pods things that does not boil, you can buy a pack of sugared up foam chocolate drink, twenty sods at £6, yet BoPs proper cocoa, that keeps his beached ready looks, is less than £2! Proper food and good for you.

Missives Ends. Tomorrow BoP again will get under your skin and youll create another load of hot air!
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Small collection for today.
    1. No snow as yet... Enjoyable workload, and working from home, so snow isn't the sickening worry it was, when using public transport could have stranded me miles from home.

2. The local council have approved my application to have my bins collected from my garden.
    Twice recently a bin has fallen down the step leaving my garden as it has gone through the gate. It has also fallen in such a way as to block my path, so I couldn't get out of the gate to right it, unless I spent 10 minutes (at my speed) walking round the block.
    Grateful that this service exists.

3. Visit from a friend, told her about my birthday plans for May, so she should be in attendance. Something to look forward to, and a shopping trip organised.

4. Haven't been ill! Enjoyed my brunch and will enjoy tea/supper later.

5. Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Mhagster_2
    Options
    pirate Pete I do not know what awful thing I have done to be barred forever! Been to the supermarket too many times? Bought too many RTC flowers?

Monday pleasures.

Woke up early , got up had a bath, put a washing on and then dozed off with the dulcet tones of The Crown in my ears pervading my sleep.

Swept up and washed floors, hung a load of towels on line. They had a blow and were half dry which is better than fully wet.

Walked down to friends house ( hopeful they would be in) they are taking DD1 to airport on Thursday so we were there for around an hour or so and had a good blether and a laugh which was nice. DD1 commented that we do have funny friends.

Walked to T and as I was going in met an old neighbour/ colleague had a chat with her and then met my letter writing friend ( who I've been meaning to phone to catch up with) so had a chat with her and a promise to meet soon. We forgot to get the main thing we were going in for!

The niecely people's were coming for tea to say farewell to DD1 so I cooked a gammon joint, roast pots and parsnips ( from my never ending freezer stash when they were 19p) cauliflower, sprouts , carrots and broccoli ...more than stuffed for a Monday night tea. Had an apple and pear crumble from freezer I'd made to use up said fruit. Even more stuffed.

They left and DD1 and I walked back to T via another friends house to pay for raffle tickets and I got RTC flowers and she got what she needed.

Walked home and bumped into friend / neighbours who were out walking and had a chat with them. It's icy cold but dry. A wee flurry of snow when I was out with dog before tea.

This time last year I was boiling hot and sweaty and my friends cousin turned up in the doorstep with the biggest bunch of flowers. We sold the kayak and the buyer turned up in the tiniest car to put the very long kayak on the roof! It was about twice as long as the car!

Catch up again tomorrow
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 February 2018 at 10:07PM
    Options
    MHags. Bared. No I did read it as that. I!!!8217;ll get my coat, and hit the wobbleade! Barred that!!!8217;s better!

Looks lick BiP has bin Apostrophedised! DD Started this!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh no bop the apostrophe catastrophe is indeed spreading.
    1) walked in - freezing fog, cold and horrid, very pleased to get to work where the pleasure was warming through
    2) end of mrpiano!!!8217;s first slow cooked chicken stew for lunch with bread - supermarket bread cos we finished the loaves he made :P
    3) mrpiano collected me from work on his way back from teaching in St. Andrews
    4) then cooked me dinner - chicken breasts and peppers on a bed of crushed beans. Yummy
    5) then we walked the boys and now i!!!8217;m in bed and about to call the midwife
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Gr’r’r’r there’s DD

I’ll just test the profanity filter!
    SCUNTHORPE

Looks good. Profanity filter still working!
    S!!!!HORPE!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hot cross buns for breakfast.

3) Did odd jobs round the house and fed the hens (another egg).

4) Did painting at my sister's house from 10-3.

5) Collected smaller son from school so he could chose a new computer game.

6) Made a very tasty lasagne for tea with plenty spare to freeze as individual portions.

7) Bigger son cut up some logs for the fire and mended the door of the wood burning stove - the draught thing hasn't worked for ages.

8) Enjoyed watching First Dates Hotel.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options

Several friends passed away at this time of the year, and there have been quite a few anniversaries.

'You've Got A Friend In Me' is a song which I strongly associate with one friend who died a few years ago.
    It came on the radio this morning, and somewhat unexpectedly, I burst into tears. I don't cry in public, so hadn't cried at her funeral. Thankfully, I was sat in the kitchen at the time, and not out and about.
    Following the above, I was watching the Ten O'clock News earlier when a lady came on talking about the death of her son. Her name was put on the screen, exactly the same name as my friend's.
    Now, I have a friend with the second most common name for women in the UK, first name and surname combined. However, this friend's name isn't that common. It isn't unusual, but it isn't common either.
    Wonder if there will be a third 'reminder'?
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Bit late with Monday’s pleasures:o

1. Window cleaner came today - only a short chat as it was freezing. Not a job I would like to do in any weather as I am not good with ladders!

2. DH took the ‘Hardly Worthitson’ out for the first time since May (when it was in the garage for four weeks while they tried to work out why it had broken down for the 2nd time in Two months - both times in France - fortunately the insurance covered both recoveries from France!) He went to the Swedish shop for light fittings & bulbs for most of the house + a rather spiffy chopping board:j

3. DSis phoned from France received her 2 parcels today + she hasn’t fallen out with our DBro (visiting from Germany) who is there helping her declutter hundreds of books that our DS-F collected over the years & various other bits & bobs of heavy lifting.

4. DH’s fence panels delivered - he put them in the garage with the aid of the delivery driver:T

5. Finished the leek & potato soup with Focaccia - :drool: & had apple & berry crumble with custard for afters - 3 hrs later!

6. ALL our clothes are now downstairs ready to be sorted into keep, good enough for cs or not suitable so in the Rag Bag. They are all over the place but at least they are not ‘out of sight out of mind’. Sort of looking forward to trying “The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning”:o

7. Reading everyone else’s pleasures:)

‘See’ you tomorrow

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Mcc I know what you mean about grief creeping up on you. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I was driving home when a particular song came on the radio made me think of mum. Not good to have tears flowing at 70 mph on motorway so I pulled off into services to compose myself.

1. Puppy cuddles. She woke at 2am, 3am and I got up to her at 4am. After going outside she decided it was time for breakfast ! But settled back in her bed once fed and slept till 9.30

2 managed to get doc appointment at 8.30 and he was very kind

3. Puppy running around on the field and came back when called

4. Got some washing done and dried outside, crisp sunny day

5. Managed to cook a meal for me and DS. I am a feeder in times of crisis it helps me if I can make sure others are ok.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback