Online grocery shopping help and discussion thread [merged]

Options
Hi anyone ever had items missing from their shopping from asda and if so how long did it take to sort out ??
I got my delivery last night and was putting it away when i noticed couple of things weren't there when i actually looked closer noticed i was missing about 50 items so i called customer services they took a note of everything i was missing and said maybe the driver will notice and come back if not i would recieve a call today, so i waited and nothing so i called my local store and got the delivery manager he found my bags as he was telling me some of what was there and then told me he would call back once he found everything.... so ive just waited another 3 hours and nothing, now when i call the store shopping delivery is not answering i got the grocery manager and he again promised a call back today that they had a really bad weekend delivering shoppings i really wouldn't mind if it was only a couple of stuff as i used to do the shopping delivery for my local council and know its easy to mix up bags, but its half my shopping and seem to be getting nowhere. any advice appreciated :mad:

Comments

• Rebekah24
    Rebekah24 Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    I have had this happen once before, every order there is something wrong/missing/late.

I just ring customer service direct, get them to refund the money. You should have it within 3 working days. Also ask for free delivery for the next few orders. They will put it straight on your account

I would chase the storae again AND go via head office to get your items delivered today. They got until 9pm tonight after all.

Hope you get some joy hun
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • linzi2301
    Options
    just had customer service back on phone refund is being processed and a £5 e voucher has been added to my account really annoying its not as if my stuff disappeared the manager had it beside him, well i will make sure i check deliverys in future before driver leaves.
  • ljcb123
    ljcb123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Asda are shocking with their home delivery. Every order I have had has been wrong. They have sent substandard goods and been upto 36 hours late with my deliveries!!
  • Rebekah24
    Options
    They are shocking, always late, missing, mouldy... only bonus is getting free delivery/money back!

I've survived eating their mouldy bread .......and waiting in 5 hours when they said they would be "1 hour late"
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    It is getting worse too, each week it is more missing.later etc.
  • ljcb123
    ljcb123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    The best was last weekend when my ice cream, prawns and scallops arrived defrosted!!! I told the driver to take them back and re-deliver me some more... The next day they did just that, but brought the EXACT SAME items back!!!( they hadn't counted on me putting felt tip dots on them before they took them away!) How dangerous is that, particularly with shellfish:eek:
  • linzi2301
    Options
    well guess what last night i reordered my shopping for to be delivered between 1-3 so the delivery came and also the driver brought my stuff that i was missing so ive now had a refund for my missing stuff and my missing stuff and the order i reordered so ive got double of everything but only paid for 1 cool worked out quite good lol hows that for money saving :T guessing asda didnt realise i got a refund.
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nice 1! :beer:
  • Christmas_
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm a recent convert to online shopping from Asda and Sainsburys and I've noticed if I'm too organised and do it too early - offers are pulled (despite them not having been due to end - I always do check to see if they'll last through when my shopping is delivered) and some - particularly in Asda - don't have ending dates.

I'd like to do one for Friday now but I'm wondering if it's too early and I should wait till Tues/Wed before doing it. [I know Tuesday is the day Sainsburys is updated] as money is tight as we're shopping and stocking up for Christmas at the same time before we do the final big(ger) Christmas shop in the final week before Christmas in the supermarket.

So my question is - to avoid missing offers etc - how soon before it's delivered do you do your shop?

• boydE
    boydE Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    I find the best day for delivery for me is on a Thursday, got all the food for the weekend.

I shop between sainsburys, tesco and asda, depending on best offers of what normally get.

I then go online shove about £25 in my trolley, usually epensive stuff, just to get a booking slot, then i take the expensive stuff out of the basket once i have my delivery date.
    Throughout the week i just add my normal stuff in, every week i will try something new to see if i like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure