PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2020 - Part 1

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done Gingerlily that's a fantastic start. :T

FrugalLina hopefully you're feeling better today, I have the same problem if I get a cold it will flare up my asthma :(. Take it easy :)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Been on this sofa since 10.00 this morning, really must get to bed.
    Before I go trying to remember food intake not much today, finished last of the brazils and walnuts. I get a 200g pack of each on Saturday and snack on the throughout the week. Had some cheese and olives. Then found a bottle of dandelion and burdock had a couple or 3 glasses. Far too sweet, horrible artificial sweetners. must bin the rest its not worth the damage.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • jackrabbit123
    jackrabbit123 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 January 2020 at 11:37AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Well any good intentions started well then went well out the window by yesterday evening, it was a work colleagues leaving do so a group of us went out for an Indian.... !!

I aim to be better today!!

Honey, That's great idea about portion plates I'll have a look out when I'm next in town!

Izadora, Thank you yes we had a lovely time with our son, we watched Thomas the tank and had our pizza, i was fairly good in only having half!!

Procrastinator , Dandelion and Burdock is my favorite drink, if you need to use it up and are cooking use it when making a ham to marinade it or put it in a beef stew, it's lovely !! Hope you eventually got a good nights sleep.

Hope you're feeling much better today FrugalLena, colds usually end up on my chest so I'm constantly coughing so have to sleep in the sitting room as i keep everyone awake!!

Hope everyone has a good day! It's blowing a gale and pouring down so inside jobs today!!
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Well done everyone so far! Reporting a 2lb loss
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jack Rabbit honey the witch my only vices are chocolate and Diet Coke so I try to have a small amount each day or most days. It seems to work for me 😂

I had a decent day yesterday food wise but not walking as I was slightly down so need to do better for my 500,000 challenge

B - weetabix with honey and an apple

L - baked potato with cheese and beans plus a Diet Coke

D - got a load of peppers and tomatoes so I might do a roasted pepper and tomato soup shortly

E - try to do better with my walking today
    :money::rotfl::T
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Quick post before I disappear for the weekend

Have lost 1 lb not sure how but pleased none the less.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • Bfh
    Bfh Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some really good losses happening :) well done all, and commiserations to all who are struggling.
    I don’t have any plans this weekend but I do find eating out a bit of a nightmare! I’m just not disciplined enough in those situations.
    I’m reminded that I’ve got a portion plate somewhere! I’ll dig it out today.
    Did have an Indian takeaway last night but I was very careful so hopefully no damage done.
    Have a good weekend everyone:)
  • Toonie
    Toonie Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So weighed in this morning. I've lost 1lb which I'm very pleased with as I've not been able to exercise much this week as I've not been feeling well.

Had a nice brunch of a spinach omelette and tomato, cucumber and red cabbage salad. Then have stir fry planned for later.
    Grocery budget in 2023 £2279.18/£2700

Grocery budget in 2022 £2304.76/£2400
    Grocery budget in 2021 £2107.86/£2200
    Grocery budget in 2020 £2193.02/£2160

Saving for Christmas 2023 #15 £ 90/ £365
  • Mummy_bear
    Options
    Hi everyone. Day behind with my update but I weighed myself yesterday and I'd lost 1.5lbs. Happy with that
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • Blue_Doggy
    Blue_Doggy Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 February 2020 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Good evening everyone :)

Many congratulations to all who’ve lost weight :T:j:T:j:T:j what a great start to the year!

I hope all who’ve been feeling down or sick are feeling better. Sending good vibes and hugs as needed.

Today I ate:
    B: 1 slice of ham and 2 poached eggs
    L: sardine salad (red chicory and fennel)
    D stir-fry of lo roast duck with onion, celery, carrot and Brussels sprouts, followed by cinnamon yogurt.
    S: none
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills