Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Options

Comments

• kungfuman
    Options
    anyone here used clickandsendparcels.com recently?

I placed an order on Tuesday night for collection today but I've had no shipping labels sent to me and the order status just says 'new'. Tried emailing them and calling but no response. Used them a few months back for a couple of items and they were good then.
  • bigmondy
    Options
    http://www.postagesupermarket.com

:T

Just paid £12.77 for delivery of a 30kg large radiator on the 18th.

Due for delivery today.

Very impressed with their service so far...... tempting providence I know. :o
  • BaileyB
    BaileyB Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know a good courier that will send something of 38kg? Size is 65cm x 50cm x 5cm (Large thin rectangle)

Uk to uk
  • ludofreeman
    Options
    I have recently sent heavy items of 20+ kG with
    parcelbiz.co.uk and found the price very competitive. They will collect from your home or work and you also get text alerts prior to delivery which enabled me to reschedule collection.
  • staffsuk
    staffsuk Posts: 196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kungfuman wrote: »
    anyone here used clickandsendparcels.com recently?

I placed an order on Tuesday night for collection today but I've had no shipping labels sent to me and the order status just says 'new'. Tried emailing them and calling but no response. Used them a few months back for a couple of items and they were good then.

Yes I use them on a near daily basis. I receive my labels instantaneously - although they can be delayed at some times - usually very late evening or weekends. If I have a customer service enquiry it is answered usually within an hour and well out of office hours. They are still the cheapest UPS aggregator with a price of £7.49+vat up to 30Kg volumetric.

The only thing I will say is UPS have damaged beyond repair two of my consignments. That said I still think they are the best of a bad bunch IMO.
  • Grumpysally
    Options
    I need to send a suitcase of stuff to my daughter who is in Volgograd, Russia.Probably going to end up weighing about 25kg as she keeps adding to the list.
    Some companies don't even have Russia on their list and some only deliver to Moscow and St Petersburg.
    Prices seem to vary wildly but I suspect that whatever I pay the hold up will come from the Russian customs.
    Does anyone have any experience of sending things to Russia and who they recommend?
    Thank you
  • tablita
    tablita Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2013 at 11:33PM
    Options
    Hi guys, first time here. I am trying to send a package internationally and after going to the UK post office and receiving a ridiculous quote (like 150 pounds) for an approximate 7kg box (volumetric is 8.5kg i think), I started to research into it and ended up on the blog post and afterwards this thread.

I checked the ones on the website and the cheapest one was transglobal express, so I was looking some references from the company and it seemed to have positive references, so I was going to go through it until in this thread I saw that parcelmonkey was also an option and I saw it gave me a cheaper option, then I saw that there is this website comparcel.com and here is the top3:

parcelmonkey - carrier parcelmonkey - 50.49
    sendingparcels - carrier fedex - 57.27
    transglobal express - carrier ups - 65.71

So I ended up in a big dilemma now haha, I would like to hear some advice from you guys that have some more experience. Here are my thoughts:

Parcelmonkey is the cheapest, seems okay, but from references some say it's okay some say they charge you extra fees afterwards misteriously and also, their own carrier, didn't read any references about them sending the parcels themselves.
    Sendingparcels, I like this option because it is still cheap and it offers FedEx and for what I read, is one of the or the most realiable company for international shipping, the thing here is that I have no references from this broker, just one from reviewcenter (it's good though haha) but none from here.
    The last one, transglobal express seems to be the most reliable broker between these three, they offer ups that is fair enough as a international carrier, price it's more expensive than the other options but still much cheaper than the ParcelForce price that the post office gave me.

Soo, what are your opinions? Any experience positive or negative that you could give me about the brokers and carrier would make this decision a little bit easier.. THANKS!!
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tablita wrote: »

parcelmonkey - carrier parcelmonkey - 50.49
    sendingparcels - carrier fedex - 57.27
    transglobal express - carrier ups - 65.71
    Personally as the price difference is small I would go with UPS or Fedex as they are likely to handle it all the way to the destination. Parcelmonkey may be using different companies here and in the destination country. The more people involved the greater the scope for problems.
  • tablita
    tablita Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    Personally as the price difference is small I would go with UPS or Fedex as they are likely to handle it all the way to the destination. Parcelmonkey may be using different companies here and in the destination country. The more people involved the greater the scope for problems.
    Thanks for the input. That makes sense. But the broker is also important right? But what is their main involvement? I mean besides of the price they give, because I understand that the collection is done by the carrier itself. Or is it just important in any case something goes wrong? (because of the insurance, refund policy and any interaction with the carrier, I guess it's all done by the broker) But if everything goes right there is not much of them right?

Sorry got a lot of questions, first time doing it and I wish to do it right! But you are being really helpful :)
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tablita wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. That makes sense. But the broker is also important right? But what is their main involvement? I mean besides of the price they give, because I understand that the collection is done by the carrier itself. Or is it just important in any case something goes wrong? (because of the insurance, refund policy and any interaction with the carrier, I guess it's all done by the broker) But if everything goes right there is not much of them right?

Sorry got a lot of questions, first time doing it and I wish to do it right! But you are being really helpful :)
    If anything goes wrong you have to get compensation from the broker. This can be more complicated as you are not dealing directly with the carrier. However once Fedex or UPS pick it up they are likely to be quite reliable in getting it to its destination.

You need to check the carriers' insurance exclusions carefully to be sure it will be covered, as you will find there are many more exclusions than Royal Mail for instance.

Where is the item going? If it is within the EC you may find your quotes do not include VAT. If outside the EC there is no VAT to pay but the recipient may have import tax and duties to pay and you will have to print out several copies of the invoice or details of contents and value for customs clearance. Fedex I think give you a choice of whether you or the recipient pays - it is normal to ask the recipient to pay.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback