Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• badgerswithafros
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    During my recent "negotiations" I was told repeatedly that discounts could not be applied to the Sports HD Pack at any level EVEN THO' I had a 60% discount off of the £6pm last year -I have no idea why they are so intransigent on including it.The value is insignificant when compared with the package discount they have given me of £39.30 pm.:T
    It could only be included if I agreed to an 18 month deal with discounts for 12 months :eek:

Ha ha, sounds about right! I just got off online chat asking about it, and also got the "no discount on HD Pack" line. Not a deal breaker anyway.

More interesting was when she made me take a photo of the offer page to send her, and then claimed I "shouldn't have received the email" for the 50% offer as it's for Sky+ only, and I have Sky Q. Though the wording on the 30% offer page that I can access from my homepage is identical, and refers to Sky+ also. She then offered me 40% off only, which I rejected. I'll probably click the 50% link when I get home tonight and see what happens!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 October 2017 at 6:10PM
    Options
    Ha ha, sounds about right! I just got off online chat asking about it, and also got the "no discount on HD Pack" line. Not a deal breaker anyway.

More interesting was when she made me take a photo of the offer page to send her, and then claimed I "shouldn't have received the email" for the 50% offer as it's for Sky+ only, and I have Sky Q. Though the wording on the 30% offer page that I can access from my homepage is identical, and refers to Sky+ also. She then offered me 40% off only, which I rejected. I'll probably click the 50% link when I get home tonight and see what happens!

The web page is very confusing as whoever updated it has made multiple mistakes by leaving bits in or omitting to add extra information.

For ages it said that the existing customer offer was only for 11months,despite mentioning 12 lower down the page. Then when the special line/bb offers ended, they altered the public page but left £15 still on the existing customer page. Now (well certainly until the weekend) the latter page says that the £18 offer applies if you upgrade you change your tv contract ,but lower down the T&Cs don't mention this condition.
  • sr4mb0
    Options
    Just got off the phone with the retention team. Currently have the package advertised on MSE due to expire on Nov 1st (£63.99 for fiber max, box sets, cinema and sports increasing to £122.99).

Was offered same package excluding Sky cinema for £80.29. Removing both cinema and sports would reduce the monthly cost to £61.79.

Downgrading to fiber unlimited from max would save another £5.

Was told that new contracts would be 18 months.

I made no effort to haggle down the price further, instead just opting to cancel. I'll update if I get any offers during the cancellation period, regardless I'll be moving to BT for a cheaper package.
  • badgerswithafros
    Options

So I clicked the 50% link and got a "Thanks for staying with us" page and "we'll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order has gone through". 2 hours later, no email!

I don't want to click through the half price broadband link I've also got until this 50% TV offer is confirmed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So I clicked the 50% link and got a "Thanks for staying with us" page and "we'll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order has gone through". 2 hours later, no email!

I don't want to click through the half price broadband link I've also got until this 50% TV offer is confirmed.

Check your online account and see if it's updated in any way.
  • abacab
    abacab Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options

The broadband offer took 4 or 5 days to show and e-mail sent for me,so don't sweat it
  • badgerswithafros
    Options
    Check your online account and see if it's updated in any way.

No change from before. Future bills still show as if cancelling. Reckon this won't be straight forward!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 October 2017 at 8:34AM
    Options
    The Sky account pages are a mess - almost impossible to work things out if you are an existing customer,particularly Sky HD.
    My payment page is now showing two direct debit amounts for November 14th - nothing for October! And September's bill (which I paid) has vanished!
  • badgerswithafros
    Options

All came through successfully today, 50% off TV. Thanks to daverave for the link. Got the 50% of unlimited fibre broadband too. Paying a bit more than last years MSE deal but happy enough.

Thanks
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All came through successfully today, 50% off TV. Thanks to daverave for the link. Got the 50% of unlimited fibre broadband too. Paying a bit more than last years MSE deal but happy enough.

Thanks
    Thanks for this.
    Is the 50% starts from today or when your previous contract ends? Is your final bill updated with the offer?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback