Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• badgerswithafros
    Options
    qsk wrote: »
    Thanks for this.
    Is the 50% starts from today or when your previous contract ends? Is your final bill updated with the offer?

The email confirming the broadband deal states it is from today for 12 months. Would have left it later into my 31 days notice if I'd realised this, but not a big issue. I haven't received an email detailing my TV order, just an email thanking me for staying with Sky. My future bills have all been updated with the 50% off.
  • in_my_bumble_opinion
    in_my_bumble_opinion Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 October 2017 at 9:40AM
    Options
    Put through a cancellation on my dad's telly account a week ago.

50% off everything was offered from day 1.

Decided to accept that today as they also agreed it would not be a new contract, so still free to leave/negotiate anytime.

Box sets, Sports and Sports HD for about £35/m.

Once the cancellation was removed I activated his VIP status (black), so got Sky Go Extra for free now which is handy.

'Free' upgrade to Sky Q is available but only with multiroom for an extra £12/m. Only one telly though so not appealing. Also, the 18 month contract with Q is a sneaky one as any discounted tv package deals seem to be max 12m.

Hard to see it being worthwhile to go with Q so I think we'll stick with month to month HD+ for a while.

EDITED TO ADD: Also got a £50 bill credit...forgot to mention it when posting.
    ''He who takes no offence at anyone either on account of their faults, or on account of his own suspicious thoughts, has knowledge of God and of things devine.''
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My 75% off and £100 credit to my account ends next month.
    This has cost me effective £19 a month for everything including multi room. It's going up to £92 so I rang and they worked their way up to 50% off most things, this made it £61.50, hardly 50% off.
    No way am I paying £61.50, that isn't even for sky Q, that's another £12 a month.
    I was genuinely going to cancel last year till they made that great offer, this year looks like the end.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looking for Sky TV Original package, how can I get the best deal from Sky?

I haven't joined Sky yet.

Any tips?

Thanks
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    john-306 wrote: »
    My 75% off and £100 credit to my account ends next month.
    This has cost me effective £19 a month for everything including multi room. It's going up to £92 so I rang and they worked their way up to 50% off most things, this made it £61.50, hardly 50% off.
    No way am I paying £61.50, that isn't even for sky Q, that's another £12 a month.
    I was genuinely going to cancel last year till they made that great offer, this year looks like the end.

I have the same deal (boxed sets, Cinema; £14 ) ,due to end on 18th November, so I'll be to cancel on Monday, in case I need several attempts to get through. ( I tried to call last week, about a phone/AFSL deal, but was twice given a waiting time, which would have used up my 60 inclusive minutes with no time to discuss , so I gave up and stayed with PlusNet, whose contact has improved.)

I meant to stay away last time, but the deal was too good to miss. Like you, I don't see it being repeated, but won't stay for any less than 75% (without the credit) or 60% with £100 credit. (Sounds greedy, but that is all it's worth to me.)
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    Hi all, What is this link that people are talking of for 50% off? I am about to contact sky and give my 30 days notice.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all, What is this link that people are talking of for 50% off? I am about to contact sky and give my 30 days notice.

This one:-

daverave wrote: »
    If you are quite happy with 50% off and in your cancellation period then all you need to do is visit sky.com/stay50 which will give you the 50% off offer :)
  • keypads
    keypads Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've clicked the link. Sky seem to have added a £10 administrative charge and then added £6 monthly for HD, so its not really 50% off. Has anyone else had similar?

Thanks
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I have the same deal (boxed sets, Cinema; £14 ) ,due to end on 18th November, so I'll be to cancel on Monday, in case I need several attempts to get through. ( I tried to call last week, about a phone/AFSL deal, but was twice given a waiting time, which would have used up my 60 inclusive minutes with no time to discuss , so I gave up and stayed with PlusNet, whose contact has improved.)

I meant to stay away last time, but the deal was too good to miss. Like you, I don't see it being repeated, but won't stay for any less than 75% (without the credit) or 60% with £100 credit. (Sounds greedy, but that is all it's worth to me.)

Mine is up according to sky on the 20th Nov.
    I don't think it's too greedy at all, I was 100% going to leave last year, then they offered 75% off and £100 credit to stay so I took it.
    If all they offer is 50% off some things, then like you it's not worth it to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    keypads wrote: »
    I've clicked the link. Sky seem to have added a £10 administrative charge and then added £6 monthly for HD, so its not really 50% off. Has anyone else had similar?

Thanks

I've not used it in anger yet as I'm not up until the middle of December. Thanks for letting us know about the £10 admin (gouging) fee though, I guess it's call or live chat for me then. The HD addition never seems to be negotiable from memory on here. I have Boxsets without Sports so it wouldn't affect me anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback