Home Delivery Network

Options
Hello Peeps,
I placed an order for some boots with VivaLaDiva.com on Tuesday. There delivery guidelines said they would be with me on Thursday. No boots arrived. Phoned up. She couldn't find my order, even though I had an email saying that it had been placed and was being processed. Apparently, for all first time orders, they have to check we are who we say we are when delivery is to a third party address. No mention of that on their website, or that every other internet shop I have been using over the past x years seems to have an issue with it.
On Friday I call up again, to see where they are, they have only been despatched that day. I said, not good enough citing the delivery information on line, the customer service advisor took the delivery charge off (thank you!) and gave me 10% off the order (thank you again!) but now I am stuck trying to get the bluddy things delivered through the Home Delivery Network.
I have had problems with this company in the past, they are a right royal pain with no phone contact detail to call them. I can only track the parcel through their website. At the moment, it is saying 'sorted at 03:18' :confused:
Not very useful for an estimated delivery time of last week really.

Any ideas? You wonderful lot on here seem to know the answer to everything! I am happy with the charge and the price reduction, but wish people would take customer service more seriously. :mad:

Comments

• oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't condemn HDN yet as the package was only sent last Friday, and that's not their fault.
    However, their head office is Home Delivery Network Ltd., Fallows Way, Whiston, Prescot, Merseyside, L35 1RZ
    0151 290 8500. As listed on 192.com
    Their website doesn't list any local or national 'phone numbers!!? Don't you just hate that?
  • golddustmedia
    Options
    I've often had issues with home delivery network too. Seems the parcels in our area get delivered by a middle aged lady in an estate car. Plus she's more likely to turn up at 7pm than during the day.

Getting it delivered to work is even worse as the HDN driver ALWAYS tries to deliver to our warehouse instead of the adjoining office, but won't go to the warehouse delivery door as "she's intimidated by the big lorries in the yard". Took me 4 days to get the parcel to work as the person just couldn't get the right combination of time, address and correct door!
  • so2006
    so2006 Posts: 638 Forumite
    Options
    Call the company that sent it, and ask them what going on and the tracking number, you can also ring HDN too!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've often had issues with home delivery network too. Seems the parcels in our area get delivered by a middle aged lady in an estate car. Plus she's more likely to turn up at 7pm than during the day.

Getting it delivered to work is even worse as the HDN driver ALWAYS tries to deliver to our warehouse instead of the adjoining office, but won't go to the warehouse delivery door as "she's intimidated by the big lorries in the yard". Took me 4 days to get the parcel to work as the person just couldn't get the right combination of time, address and correct door!

this is due to the increasing use of owner/drivers by many couriers
    purely a cost saving issue.
    my advice is to vote with your wallet if you see this kind of dumbing down of the service
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    What date does the sorted message show as?

I tracked a parcel with HDN and in the details list it showed as sorted and then the next update had loaded onto van, parcel arrived the same day. (yesterday)
  • Maddilion
    Options
    This is what I have so far:
    DateDepotActionReason04/04/2008 00:00:00CustomerParcel Data Received07/04/2008 03:16:23Sort Centre - Shaw, OldhamSorted08/04/2008 05:41:14New Cross DepotReceived

New Cross is in London, so at least it is in the right town now! I have asked the company that sent it to chase it, and also replied to the email they sent me. I will call now.

I ordered an iPod, that was engraved on the back and it arrived from Sweden in 48 hours. Why do some people deliver really well on the customer service front, and others fail miserably. *mutter*
  • anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Options
    I hate Hdn with a passion.....a relative ordered some books for my children to be delivered here. They didnt even ring the doorbell on my property, just stuck a card through the letterbox and left the parcel in my back garden in the rain. By the time i'd realised this the box was quite soggy.
  • genfink
    genfink Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Date Depot Action 02/05/2008 21:33:26 Sort Centre - Droitwich Spa Sorted
    03/05/2008 06:16:36 New Cross Depot Received
    03/05/2008 11:02:36 New Cross Depot Loaded onto vehicle
    Hello, I'm always happy to have a pop at the HDN, I've been confined to my front room all day! I've had such trouble with these guys before I haven't wanted to do anything to jeopardise the delivery, so, I haven't showered, I haven't sat on my balcony in the sun or done anything which might mean I miss the doorbell, and you know what, it's 6pm on a saturday and I've wasted the entire day for NOTHING:mad:. And what's more they're going to screw up another day for me when they try and redeliver, assuming I ever get that option?
    I am so annoyed. I mean I doubt they're not going to deliver it now are they?
    and at what point do I draw a line and get on with my day, or night as it's going to be for that matter?
    unless it involves the 4 horsemen I'm sure it's not the end of the world....
  • genfink
    genfink Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    03/05/2008 11:02:36 New Cross Depot Loaded onto vehicle
    03/05/2008 15:32:35 New Cross Depot Unable to Deliver Carded 03/05/2008 15:34:57 New Cross Depot Received
    WHAT A JOKE
    that is a complete lie, they haven't even driven past, I would know, I have been seated beside the window all flipping day, I'm so angry I'm actually shaking.
    unless it involves the 4 horsemen I'm sure it's not the end of the world....
  • CGG
    CGG Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have a landline phone no for HDNL Droitwich Spa, please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure