Is this a GDPR breach

Options

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    Options
    You failed to answer. What are you hoping to achieve? Money, an apology etc?
  • Storms
    Storms Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PaulaA wrote: »
    It a courier unrelated to the store I made my purchase through.

I think you have a valid complaint, it doesn't matter that he is your husband. He could have been anyone and a lot ex-husbands have restraining orders against them

Complain to the courier and if they reject your complaint go to the financial ombudsman
  • PaulaA
    PaulaA Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I would like them to not share my purchase’s information with anyone else but me. It no one else’s business but mine.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Storms wrote: »
    I think you have a valid complaint, it doesn't matter that he is your husband. He could have been anyone and a lot ex-husbands have restraining orders against them

Complain to the courier and if they reject your complaint go to the financial ombudsman

What difference would a restraining order make? Also, what on earth has this got to do with the financial ombudsman?!
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    I would like them to not share my purchase’s information with anyone else but me. It no one else’s business but mine.

Then do what most sensible people would do and contact the company and advise them of this.
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't feed the troll.
  • PaulaA
    Options
    @Still Dave you have no idea what my relationship with my husband is like. Nor did the courier. But they decided to give him personal information above my purchase.

@Storms thanks.

In the industry I work in I would expect to be disciplined possibly sacked for giving information about one person to anyone else, even their husband.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    @Still Dave you have no idea what my relationship with my husband is like. Nor did the courier. But they decided to give him personal information above my purchase.

@Storms thanks.

In the industry I work in I would expect to be disciplined possibly sacked for giving information about one person to anyone else, even their husband.

So now you want the person sacked?
    Let's just jump straight to it rather then messing around - How much money would make this issue become solved?

PS - I like the way the only person you have thanked is the one that has given you totally wrong information!
  • PaulaA
    Options
    @Steampowered thanks. That’s Always good advice.
  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Still_Dave wrote: »
    When did couriers start being regulated by the financial ombudsman?
    Depend's what's in the package ;)

Overpayment-money-2337110b-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family