The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    pinkteapot wrote: »
    There was an element of that certainly, but it was better than most TV representations and her story did at least go on over years. The shame was that the show was totally centred on Carrie (worst. character. ever.) because Sarah Jessica Parker was in charge. Charlotte and Miranda had much more interesting storylines but they weren't given the screen-time they deserved.

I never really liked the Carrie character. She was a bit sanctimonious and judgemental of the others whilst having an affair with a married man and cheating on her fiance. Always felt she could do with a punch in the face.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • gettingthereslowly
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    I never really liked the Carrie character. She was a bit sanctimonious and judgemental of the others whilst having an affair with a married man and cheating on her fiance. Always felt she could do with a punch in the face.

Ha Ha couldn't agree more.

Thank you Frozen and good luck also.

Thank you for all the good lucks also ladies xxx
  • codemonkey
    Options
    I'm thinking of buying a piece of jewellery or something - something to remember the children we planned but never had. Is that stupid? Any ideas?
  • cwtw
    cwtw Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Hi code, I don't think that's a stupid idea. I've got a beautiful statue from one of my grandparents, that is stone and shows rough figures of a mother and father holding a child. It reminds me of family, with or without children, and what it means to me. I think something that it meaningful to you is really important. One of the most thought provoking things I read said that research shows that in women interviewed twenty years after their infertility problems, all of them rated their lives equally happily, no matter what their family status in terms of having / not having children.

Good luck to the ladies starting their next cycles, I have everything crossed for you and am sending positive vibes your way.
    I'm starting cycle five of clomid, fifth time lucky?!?
  • codemonkey
    Options
    I know in 20 years time I'll probably be ok, but at the moment, I'm still grieving. I found this which sums it up

“The hardest thing about reproductive loss is saying goodbye to someone we never said hello to. Our sadness and depression over the loss of our genetic offspring is grief. But unlike the grief we feel when a real person dies, infertility grief means saying goodbye to someone who was never really here. When there is an actual death, we have ritual around it. We have funerals and wakes, or we sit Shiva, and make social calls. We go to church or temple, and often light candles. People bring casseroles to our homes and say, “I’m so sorry for your loss.
    But when we are told that we need genetics from someone else in order to conceive, when we need to confront that our child may not look like us, be like us, laugh like our grandparent, or have our partner’s intelligence, no one brings us a casserole and no one says they are sorry for our loss. There is no name to give to a person who died, even though we feel exactly like a real person has passed. That’s because the person has been so real to us for so long, even if we didn’t realize it.” – Carole LieberWilkins
  • codemonkey
    Options
    Also, it goes without saying but good luck to the cycle ladies and cwtw, fingers crossed for a fifth time lucky clomid baby.
  • cwtw
    cwtw Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Code, I think that sums it up beautifully, it such a hard loss to describe, wherever we are on the journey. Sorry if my twenty year comment sounded insensitive, I meant that for me it gives me hope about the future, even if the now is so hard (in different ways for all of us).
    Take care of yourself. X
  • picklekin
    picklekin Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    Are you in your "forever home" code? If so you could plant a tree...
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely idea code, I've been thinking about something similar for our four little embies. I know they didn't hang around for long but they still feel like my children, and like they should be honoured (for want of a better word) somehow. Big hugs poppet xx.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    On a different subject.... where the hell has AF gone??

I'm irregular and haven't been tracking but somewhere in the 30s is usual. Sat was CD36 and started bleeding at lunchtime, carried on into the evening. I also felt AF-ey, IYSWIM. I usually get a slow first day, followed by a couple of pretty heavy days, whole thing lasts 7-8 days.

Had the tiniest spot of red of sunday (don't think I'd have seen it if I wasn't looking so hard) and nothing at all since then.

What happened? Do I now have 12hour periods??

Was that even AF? V confused!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure