Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww Fortune so glad to hear you are on the mend! Take it slow & steady until you reach 100%

Multi-packs always bring back fond memories of my Gran who would gift each of us with a pack of socks and a pack of underwear every xmas.:D:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Happy new socks :)
    Great news on the 500 quid.

Thanks Beanie. I thought it was great that the bank contacted me - I wouldn't have thought to claim otherwise.
    I too got the m&s voucher. I did wonder what socks would cost £10. It hadn't occurred to me to buy a multipack

Isn't it brilliant INOD - I was in desperate need of some new socks.
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Aww Fortune so glad to hear you are on the mend! Take it slow & steady until you reach 100%

Multi-packs always bring back fond memories of my Gran who would gift each of us with a pack of socks and a pack of underwear every xmas.:D:D

If I'm doing stockings for Christmas I often buy the multi-packs and split them. Socks, bubble bath, perfume, etc. I know it's a bit of a cliche to buy socks for Christmas presents but, hey, who doesn't need socks? :rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I have kicked off... big style :o

Contacted DIL 2 yesterday to get times for the Easter visit. They now want to come for the Friday and leave on the Saturday so they can spend the Sunday with her family :mad: We are always playing second fiddle to her family.

Contacted DS1. They aren't coming at all because they want to do something else :mad:

I am fuming :mad:

We booked the weekend 3 months ago planning to spend Easter together. It's also Mr F's birthday on the Monday so I was planning a day out to celebrate. He's going to be so disappointed.

Once upon a time I would have kept quiet so as not to upset Mr F but I'm done with that. I've given them what for. They are all feeling very affronted and can't see what they've done wrong :eek: But it's inconsiderate, disrespectful, hurtful and rude and I'm not keeping quiet about it this time. I've cancelled the whole thing.

Mr F doesn't know yet as I didn't want him to dwell on it on the journey home :(

On the up side it should save us some money. Although I think I'll look at a couple of treats for the two of us.

Grrrrrrrrr

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blooming families. :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Always interesting to know where you lie in the pecking order I think :(:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Oh Fortune, I'm so sad for you. Is one of these children the one you've been putting money aside monthly to help with buying a house?

I know you don't do it so they will come and visit, but if this was sorted at Christmas, and they know you've been so unwell they need to get their bum's in gear and step up to the plate.

I'm cross for you.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Fortune! So sorry to hear this :( Wishing makes some good points ....

And you definitely need to have some treats for you and MrF.

Thinking of you xx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • selloptape
    selloptape Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    That!!!8217;s a shame about Easter :(
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Millennials!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Millennials!

Hey, I'm a millennial!!!... ;) (although I'm an older millennial who they tried to label as a subset because we didn't have technology until we were teens, or something like that)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure