Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you have cancelled book club, why don't you have a look for a crafty group nearby that you can take your crochet too.

I'm part of a group locally and we all help each other out with technique and deciphering patterns, although sometimes we just sit and batter and not much gets done. (But that's because we're all mums of small people and it's the only time we see these people. )

My WI might have a group Wishing. I'll look into it.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I left the house yesterday :j Another local WI had a quiz night last night and I'd agreed to be part of the team ages ago. My friend drove and I cooked supper for us beforehand - Herby Rice with Roasted Veg, Chickpeas & Halloumi. I didn't make my own pesto though, just used some from a jar I had in the fridge. We hadn't realised that supper was included in the quiz night cost so had tea, sandwiches and cake when we got there too. The entry fee was £4 and there was a raffle at £1 per ticket. I paid for my friend as a thank you for walking FDawg one day when I was ill and for for driving. So £10 for a fun night out. We came 3rd :D

I am gradually getting on top of the housework. The downstairs should be presentable by tomorrow in time for a writing group meeting I'm hosting and I have a plan for getting through the upstairs next week.

My F:tb:t strap arrived - FDawg's walk is between 3,000 and 5,000 steps depending on the route we take. So just one walk a day and my usual chores will get me to 10,000 steps easily. Very pleased with that.

The mohair socks arrived too and I've decided to keep them for dog walking as I think they'll be very warm and hard wearing.

We have a couple of social things planned for the weekend and I'm going to see whether I can drive for those. I may have my freedom back soon :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Friday tomorrow peeps :j

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You sound so much better! Great to hear :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    OOh, love the sound of mohair socks. Glad you are improving :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great to hear you more like yourself :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    You sound so much better! Great to hear :)

Thank you Karma. I've got a way to go yet but have started to feel a bit more normal - thank goodness :D
    OOh, love the sound of mohair socks. Glad you are improving :)

They don't look very exciting DIA - utilitarian is the best way to describe them. I'm reserving judgement until I've worn them.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great to hear you more like yourself :)

I am more myself Beanie - thank you.

Fortune x
  • gwyneth_valiant
    Options
    Fortune, I just came across your diary and read it from top to finish so far! Subscribing so I can follow you along...your writing is brilliant & the stories about FDawg do make me laugh quite a bit! Life in the shire sounds amazing!:T
    #115 - Save £12k in 2019 challenge: £13152.85/29419.55 - 44%:beer:
    Save 100k by March 31st 2021: £38890.27/100k - 38% :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Sunday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    emincosi wrote: »
    Fortune, I just came across your diary and read it from top to finish so far! Subscribing so I can follow you along...your writing is brilliant & the stories about FDawg do make me laugh quite a bit! Life in the shire sounds amazing!:T

That's very kind of you emincosi. Life in the Shire is getting better day by day. We thought we would be happy here but moving to a new area is always a bit unsettling. Now we've started getting to know the place we truly love it. FDawg is a sweetheart.... usually :rotfl: He's come a very long way since we first got him. Lovely to have you along for the ride.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Happy Sunday :)

And belated Happy Sunday to you too Beanie :o

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I wake up every day now feeling a little better so it won't be long before I'm back to my usual self :D

We gave ourselves the weekend off and had a proper break. A local brewery had a 4x4 day on Saturday so we popped down there for a tipple and picked up some beers for the weekend. Out with friends Saturday night for a curry. And we squeezed in a visit to a couple of antique shops to see what we could find for the house. Just a small purchase - an old washing dolly to hang the hand towel on in the downstairs loo. All met from budget and it was my birthday yesterday so counted as a birthday celebration :D

The last couple of grocery shops have been over budget but have included what we need for the weekend when the hoard arrives.

I have my eye on a large rug on the Bay. It would be perfect for the dining room but there seems to be a lot of interest so it may go over our budget. Will have to wait and see.

Pay day tomorrow so I'm all geared up for money shuffling. The financial situation starts improving a little from this month.

I hope the weather starts improving too :rotfl:

Take care all

Fortune x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback