Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am up and showered and dressed today which is a significant improvement on the last two days. I even managed to put a couple of washes on and do an hour of ironing :) Although I haven't made much of a dent in either laundry pile. Still, moving in the right direction.

We had baked potatoes with beans and cheese for lunch and Salmon with Creamy Leeks & Potatoes for supper. There is still some Easter food leftover from the weekend so we indulged and had a meringue nest with fruit and cream for afters. Not a super healthy meal day but at least there was some fruit and veg in the mix.

The food shop was delivered today and came in under budget :T However, a few other household items were needed from Amaz0n so I think we hit budget overall.

Another early night for me tonight I think, I need my beauty sleep at the moment. Mr F needs some too - apparently I've been snoring the past two nights :rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well you will have the rug longer............
    Sun does sound good at the moment though :(

That's true Beanie :rotfl:
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    FDawg may have a criminal record. Every time he hears a police siren on the television he runs out of the room :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    FDawg may have a criminal record. Every time he hears a police siren on the television he runs out of the room :rotfl:

Fortune x

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad youre getting back to normal FS.. chuckled at the idea of FDawg scampering every time he hears a siren..;)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Fortune x
    I love it :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    The washing mountain has been conquered :T I have a couple of washes to put on tomorrow but I've broken the back of it. The ironing mountain, however, is another matter :o I did an hour today but I've hardly made a dent. Still one stone at a time eh :)

I must be on the mend now because Mr F said I didn't snore last night :rotfl: And I think I am getting some energy back. Two walks with FDawg today :T

A couple of frogs were swallowed. Called Dy$0n about a failed battery in my cordless vacuum - it's just under a year old :eek: They are sending a new one out to me free of charge under the guarantee. Very impressive customer service. I also called B00t$ about my contact lens plan. I've tried to reduce the monthly order three times in the past without success. In the end I had to suspend the order for six months with the agreement that the monthly order after that would be reduced. Guess what? The direct debit has started up again at the original cost. Customer Services assure me that it's all sorted now but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm focussing on diet and exercise to try and get my health back on track. I'm drinking water only (did I mentioned I gave up coffee when I had pneumonia?) and I don't like tea so it's no hardship. And I'm back to proper cooking - lunch today was Sweet Potato Soup topped with Halloumi and Seeds and our Masala Meatball Curry supper is bubbling on the stove as I type. I cheated and used bought meatballs though.

The last six weeks have made me realise that I need to put much more effort into staying healthy than I have been. So, early night for me again folks. Can you see my halo shining :A:rotfl:

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, your halo is indeed shining :A
    Hope the contact lenses saga is sorted out once & for all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Glad to hear you're on the mend Fortune! Don't strain yourself too much with the ironing mountain though. Shame you can't train FDawg to do a bit!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling better Fortune.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback