Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So glad that you had a lovely birthday :)
    Good news on the financial situation.
    Waiting for the sun too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Focus is still on good news, I'm glad to read it :) and it does sound *lovely*. Hope the money shuffle goes just as well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday Fortune!

:bdaycake:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I missed the sentence about the birthday :o

Happy Birthday! Have an extra cake :bdaycake:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Belated birthday greetings! :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,953 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Belated happy birthday! Glad you had a good day! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Really fed up with this weather - more snow and now flooding :eek: Plus I hurt my rib again over the weekend and now have another bug :( When will it all end?

Anyhooo, on to more positive news:

Make and Save Pennies
    • this payday was a little more lucrative as we've finished the Help to Buy ISA contributions and Mr F seems to have had a small tax adjustment in our favour
    • we didn't win the auction for the rug on the Bay, however, we did get a second chance offer on it as the winner didn't pay up ;) It doesn't look as though the winner was a serious bidder at all so I felt as though the cost had been artificially inflated. Went back to the seller and negotiated - £100 off :T I'm happy with the price now. It's a huge, New Zealand wool rug originally from J0hn L£wi$ so would have cost a lot bought new. It'll make a big difference to the dining room which is probably the least cosy room in the house at the moment and it's one of the bigger purchases on the list ticked off.

Stay Well
    • I think I must have rolled over in my sleep at the weekend and damaged the rib again so I've been a bit uncomfortable. I'm still managing to walk FDawg though so my step count hasn't suffered.
    • There have been a lot of sweet things in the house though :o
    • we enjoyed the (half) weekend with the gang and had a few treats and adventures. Came in within budget too :T I couldn't manage all that we'd planned so stayed home for some of the time. Both boys arrived with viruses :( I've come down with something but I don't think it's either of their bugs. Mine started with a sore tongue :rotfl: I know you couldn't make it up :rotfl:

Have Fun
    • we visited a new village with the Gang at the weekend and discovered some venues and activities for future trips
    • I am desperate to get back to normal life... well at least what passes for normal in this house. However, my recent poor health is holding me back and I'm starting to feel a bit depressed about it

Today will have to be another taking it easy day. I'm lucky that I can take it easy but a girl can have too much of a good thing you know :rotfl:

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Hi Forrutne, I feel like saying yay and boo to your post.
    Yay, that you've had a positive,
    Family time and boo to your continuing ill health.
    I can completely inderstand feeling low, illness, lack of energy, isolation due to illness and the horrendous weather are just shutting all the positivity out.

Do you take vitamin supplements? Maybe your system needs a bit of a boost, a daylight sad stopping light?
    Or even, throw money saving out of the window and book a last minute get away to somewhere with sun..

Keep well.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Forrutne, I feel like saying yay and boo to your post.
    Yay, that you've had a positive,
    Family time and boo to your continuing ill health.
    I can completely inderstand feeling low, illness, lack of energy, isolation due to illness and the horrendous weather are just shutting all the positivity out.

Do you take vitamin supplements? Maybe your system needs a bit of a boost, a daylight sad stopping light?
    Or even, throw money saving out of the window and book a last minute get away to somewhere with sun..

Keep well.

Wish.

Yay! and Boo! indeed Wish. I know I'll get better eventually though - people have to deal with much worse and I'm thankful there is an end coming if not in sight just yet.

Sun is definitely required. If only I hadn't spent all the money on a rug :rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well you will have the rug longer............
    Sun does sound good at the moment though :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback