Live on £4000 for a Year, 2009 Challenge, part 1

Options

Comments

• Brighton_belle
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    Nyk,

You may be able to help. I have a list of MSE users and associated info on an excel spreadsheet (and also on Word as it happens). I am trying to post the list into the lapland thread but it squashes up all the formatting rather than listing in columns. Do you know how I can post it properly?
    White wing - I post an excel 'weekly weightloss' chart for the wl forum members every week: I do it using MW snap (easy to sign up to )and tiny pic.com. PM me if you would like details.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a nice day wiv DD today.collected a few bags of baby clothes off freecycle for DD's baby to be, and they are sooooo cute:D :D:D Went to Tesco n got a few bits, and a fab black fleece for a fiver:eek: :eek:
    Am still on target for this month so woo hooo:j :j :j
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Whitewing, I'd go with BB's answer as I can't get the formatting to work in forums either; I even have problems posting my own spendingdiary. :o

BB, thanks for helping out with that :D

LingoJingo, I decided to sign up anyway as anything is better than nothing when aiming for self-sufficientish money neutral spending in the future. As usual, this is what messes these things up for me: "Please note that The Virgin Voucher cannot be spent online." :rolleyes: Like, where am I going to find any of the places or things listed in their very long list without spending a fortune buying a car or calling a cab to nearest bus stop and then taking a few buses until I reach some place that has a Virgin store of any description. :rotfl: I'm thinking 'gifts' if I ever manage to 'win' a voucher by completing all the reviews in time. I've done one so far. :o

Marru, nice work getting organised, hope the duvet doesn't get blown away or soaked :)

Fizz, well done on the chicken carcase rescue and on the debt control measures! :beer:

Good luck to everyone on the keep fit / lose weight regimes - those are things I am really BAD at doing. :o
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • xnatalie81x
    Options
    I love freecycle! Am so chuffed with my picnic set! Have put a wanted add on there too for some chairs to match my dining table as the kids are recking the sofas and i just cannot justify buying new as they are so expensive. They managed to destroy the ones that came with the table (argos) and we have only had it about a year!!!!!!!! Now they are older hoping they will be less destructive (climbing/rocking/scraping them)

Have been very money saving this week and even went shopping with my 60 weekly food budget in head and spent just under £30!!!!!! There is plenty to last us the week and now word is getting around to family i keep getting stuff from their cupboards that they won't use lol.

Have managed 53 (42 are first) reviews on qype but i know 2 aren't long enough so need to edit them before i finish completely am at £47.50/50 so far! So gonna try and catch 5-10 tomorrow to be absolutely sure. Running out of places now though lol. Also looking forward to getting my goody bags and only 72pts away from ninja status :) - when i get my freebies :) As i am so opinionated i have actually enjoyed this a lot and it's only taken me a couple of days fitted in around 3 kids under 5 and the dog.

On the subject of the dog I WAS JINXED BY THIS POST. I was sitting here reading about cats n dogs peein in the house feeling smug and then i smelt something very very unsavoury! The lil minx had poo'd and pee'd on the kitchen floor! Bless i must be neglecting her. Better get off here and take her to bed with me for a snuggle. OH at work till 4am so planning on having ds2 in bed with me too for a cuddles :) - he was up at 5.30am and slept this afternoon so trying to get him to get tired. i was up at 3.30 so its bed for me :)

night all
    DFW since JAN 2009 - 2014 will be the year i finally clear debts :) Just to see which month :))))

One adult + 4 children + dog
  • Sarah147
    Sarah147 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, hope you are all doing good. I will catch up with tall he weekend postings tomorrow due to lack of time, just come back from my three day weekend away and the budget has gone belly up, oops. Need to sit down and work out what was spent and try to avoid splurging next time.

Although I did have a wonderful weekend with some lovely friends and thoroughly enjoyed the New Kids on the Block gig :rotfl:
  • savingfortravel
    Options
    Nyk-Yes English countryside-well whist parents are around anyway. Thanks for the advice about services though. Anything else would also be appreciated.
    Just done 9 reviews on Qype, 8 first, not sure where that gets me but I'll attack it again tomorrow.
    See you then
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up to qupe but dont know what im suppose to be doing...does anyone no if there is a thread on mse about this
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • save-a-holic
    Options
    I'll try and make a start on the reviews today, I completed mine in an evening the last time, so when I weighed it up, 50.00 wasn't too bad. I also received my ipod shuffle and other goodies this morning, so am quite pleased with qype. I'm a quick typist, so shouldn't take too long to complete. xx

Can anyone tell me what Qype is please? :o
    Lightbulb moment: -£9,954.31 Current Debt: £0

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
  • save-a-holic
    Options
    nykmedia wrote: »
    I've made a huge pot of bolognese sauce in the slow cooker today, bulked out with oats, so dinner for three and the rest will go into the freezer.

Can I ask, do you put the oats in raw or do something with them first? Thanks :o
    Lightbulb moment: -£9,954.31 Current Debt: £0

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    Can I ask, do you put the oats in raw or do something with them first? Thanks :o

You put them in raw and let them cook a little longer and everything should bulk out and thicken up. If you never used oats with cooking before i would suggest you add a hand ful to start off with. Hope that helps:D
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure