Live on £4000 for a Year, 2009 Challenge, part 1

Options
1505506507508509511»

Comments

• cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That made me grin:+) What do "normal" cupboards look like? Im guessing that you dont mean that the doors dont shut properly and that a couple of cupboards worth of food are sitting on the worktop and under the stairs as there is nowhere else for it to go?
    OK, so who gave you a sneaky peek at my house then :rotfl:

The 'kids' (almost 18, just turned 20 and 25.5) just can't understand how I can find things amongst my 'kitchen mess' ;)
    Cheryl
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Well I blame Approved Foods of course for making my condition worse this week!!!
    The 2 boxes arrived while I was at work at the big "kids"(23,19,15)wondered what was in them but DH wouldnt let anyone open them! Ive got him trained!
    Oh-so theres a pile beside the bed and a bag full of "goodies" in the boot and some in his boot too-oh dear! Glad Im not alone on here!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm just glad I live alone with a far larger sized kitchen + extra cupboard than is average for the size of flat I live in! I'm dreading someone questioning why I have enough flour to do for the next 6 months (it was 20p a bag!) and enough baked beans, chopped toms, rice and pasta and other longer life and staple items etc to feed umpteen for a fair amount of time! :rotfl: Just don't mention the loo roll mountain :o :rotfl: At one point last year I had 60 odd loo rolls and I live alone :eek: :rotfl: :rolleyes:

I daren't even look at the approved foods website...
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • lyndasharp
    lyndasharp Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    :j 3.83% pay rise :j

I've worked out my 1st quarter spend, even less than is in my sig as I've had an expenses rebate from work, so have used that to offset my spending. In fact, even if I include all my house buying expenses at just over £1000, I'm still under budget - that's the including solicitors fees, CHAPs fee, and furniture shopping!
    Live on £11k in 2011 :D
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    nykmedia wrote: »
    THANK YOU to everyone who took part in this thread, it's great to see some new names (and old ones) reappearing to let us know they are still frugaling.

WELL DONE EVERYONE! See you all in the new thread, which can be found HERE. :)

Hi Lynda, great news about the payrise. Can I direct you to the new thread before this one closes? You must have missed the post with the directions :rotfl: See you there.
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport