DLA fraud check

Options
Hi Has anyone had a letter from DLA stating that " we have received information that puts your entitlement to DLA under suspicion " along with a 6 page review of entitlement pack ??
I am so amazed and suprised to see it - i have completed the forms and sent them off - after 2 weeks i received a letter stating that they have written to my GP and hospital for information. I have been getting DLA HRM and MRC for the past 11 years and my last renewal was 18 months ago and was awarded as "indefinate".
Has someone taken it upon themselves to try and challenge me and the DLA as to the validity of my claim ? ie: some sort of jealousy or whatever ? it seems odd that this should occour after my receiving my new and first mobility car !! I am at twos and sixes as to what the results will be - i am of course doing NOTHING illegal and my claim is genuine. Also i have a new GP at one of these "new GP health centers " whom i have only seen a couple of times and am worried as to if he will answer the DLA questions as adequately as my old GP whom had known me for years - i hpoe so. any advice welcome thankyou.:eek:

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make an appointment with your new GP and explain to them what your care and mobility needs are. Then, if they get wrote to, they can give an accurate picture of what needs you have.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • sox8369
    sox8369 Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like someone has got an extreme case of sour grapes ! If you are happy that your claim is genuine then you really dont have anything to worry about - what makes me cross is the fact that you have been put under this stress because someone thinks they know everything - when clearly they dont - enjoy your new car and you will have the last laugh when you are still driving around in it in a few months !

Also - agree with sh - it wouldnt hurt to make an appointment with the new gp and go over everything - just to put your mind at rest .

Best of Luck x
  • pwales_2
    pwales_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    Options
    i think the person/s who make these complaints should be made to give there contact details to dwp, so if the report of fraud ends up to be false then they can claim all costs back to the complainant..
    if they are not willing to give there details to dwp then the complaint should just be ijnored as vindictive
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    pwales wrote: »
    i think the person/s who make these complaints should be made to give there contact details to dwp, so if the report of fraud ends up to be false then they can claim all costs back to the complainant..
    if they are not willing to give there details to dwp then the complaint should just be ijnored as vindictive

I second this. Might make people think twice about making these alligations.

OP - are you getting any legal advice on this and someone to help you with the form?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    Most likely an anonymous call from a jealous neighbour. We used to get them all the time. I got sent out to a man on his deathbed coz his son had parked a jag outside. fill the forms in truthfully and all should be OK
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • Breast_Cancer_Survivor
    Options
    pwales wrote: »

I agree.

You see plenty of posts on here where people are claiming that their friend/neighbour is falsely claiming benefits etc.

One recent thread was by a woman claiming her friend must committing benefit fraud because she had read something on Facebook. :eek:

I'm all for reporting actual benefit cheats but as someone falsely accused by a malicious ex & proved innocent I know how stressful the whole experience can be.
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    Options
    How else are they going to root out the cheats other than by medicals and investigating alerts from members of the public?
  • Breast_Cancer_Survivor
    Options
    krisskross wrote: »
    How else are they going to root out the cheats other than by medicals and investigating alerts from members of the public?

It's fine them investigating people reported as long as the reporter gives they're details & are investigated for wasting time if the person reported turns out to be innocent.
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    Options
    It's fine them investigating people reported as long as the reporter gives they're details & are investigated for wasting time if the person reported turns out to be innocent.

Do you not think this would mean that no one would report anyone?

The government WANTS possible benefit cheats reported. I think it is the duty of all of us to report anyone we suspect is claiming fraudulently.

If someone has to prove their claim is above board so what? If I was claiming from the public purse I would be more than happy to, indeed I would expect to have to, prove my entitlement to the money I was receiving.
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    krisskross wrote: »
    Do you not think this would mean that no one would report anyone?

The government WANTS possible benefit cheats reported. I think it is the duty of all of us to report anyone we suspect is claiming fraudulently.

I know at least 2 peple who hae been investigated for benefit fraud. They both had their benefits stopped during the investigation and were watched by DWP 24/7. Would you like that? No, thought not.

If you suspect them, you must have your facts 100% rght. Why should they be put through this, just because someone thinks they might be committing fraud?
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family