Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    ctdctd wrote: »
    Hi TCB,

I've an outstanding claim for AA Savings - account opened 11th June 2019 and £15.15 cashback tracked and was declined. Claim was sent to retailer 12th August. Since then, there have been a couple of updates saying sorry for the delay.

Given this retailer is no longer on TCB, do you think this is a write off?

You opened two issues of that account. Didn't either of them pay out?
  • LightKnow
    Options
    Hi , thank you for the reply Matt, Another question

It shows what the duration of the cashback is but is possible at times for it not to take that long ? I don't mind 2 to 3 week but 23 weeks ouch
  • zaboomski
    Options
    Hi there

I've been a fairly average user of Topcashback for several years now and the cashback process has worked very well for me, I've only had a couple of issues to raise with support which were dealt with well.

So I've been really happy all this time until a few days ago when I was unable to login. Despite confirming the login details and resetting my password twice I'm still unable to login to my account. I've emailed their contact email address and raised this issue via a form on the website but have not had a reply.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'd be grateful for any help.
  • HAPPYHAMMER_2
    Options
    zaboomski wrote: »
    Hi there

I've been a fairly average user of Topcashback for several years now and the cashback process has worked very well for me, I've only had a couple of issues to raise with support which were dealt with well.

So I've been really happy all this time until a few days ago when I was unable to login. Despite confirming the login details and resetting my password twice I'm still unable to login to my account. I've emailed their contact email address and raised this issue via a form on the website but have not had a reply.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'd be grateful for any help.

Glad it's not just me, been unable to log in for a few days now.

Message to TCB via the contact us link - no response.

Message to TCB via twitter - no response.

Message to TCB via mse@topcashback.co.uk - no response.

Very frustrating.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Went through Topcashback 20th Nov 2018 for £105. Insurance with Morethan.

Opened case 7th Dec2018

Reply from TCB 24th Oct 2019. Refused as transaction cannot be traced.

Sent TCB photocopy of my certificate/etc from Morethan with all details including policy number. Which TCB added to Morethans query log.

Reply from TCB 2nd Jan 2020. Refused as now saying invalid policy number.

Suspect they, Morethan did not pay out as I did not renew at the non existent and untraceable policy end of term.

TCB can do nothing.

So my advice is do not use Morethan hoping for any cashback.

Have added to my list of never dealing with or doing business with again.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • BacktoBlack
    Options
    Hiya,
    I was just wondering about the 100% new member offers - i'm new to TCB and have already used two. The T&Cs are a bit ambiguous as it states the offer is for new members or those who havent made a claim before. Do you only get one 100% cashback new member deal? Or just once with that retailer? There's another I want to use for dinner tonight but I'm not sure if it's a valid offer if I've had two member deals already.
    Many thanks
    BTB
  • chico
    chico Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    @Bill - welcome to our site. The process of getting this moving to confirmed and payable is all automatic.
    Best wishes,
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

I have a transaction dated the beginning of December 2019 which shows an estimated payable of 8 weeks (which is this week).

The process should be automatic for the status to move to confirmed and then payable, but in the earnings list, this transaction still shows with zero cashback value and pending status.

Can you please let me know when I should submit a Missing Cashback claim, and the procedure for chasing this cashback payment?

Thanks.
  • libertysurf
    Options
    £150 is owing since June 19. No news despite being acknowledged as a valid transaction. The last response in Jan had the cheek to say we’ve not read the file, here’s a standard go away reply.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay!

@Biil – The dates we show are estimates, created by the average payout speed so they indeed can be faster but this also means they can sometimes be slower.

@zaboomski – Our team are replying to emails as normal but happy to check out your issue if you email us at mse@topcashback.co.uk

@HAPPYHAMMer – all twitter messages and mse email messages are replied to. Similar with the contact form on the website. We may not always be able to reply immediately but we’ll always reply as soon as we can. I’ve just checked the mse inbox and there are no outstanding emails there from a member who has a login issue so either this does mean you are all sorted or your email hasn’t reached the inbox.

@BacktoBlack – A new member is defined as a member who has never used our site before (hasn’t transacted) 😊

@chico - Being honest it varies on the retailer. Some retailers we’d expect this to happen so please double check the terms. If we’d expect this to correct when it’s marked as confirmed no further action is needed. However, if nothing is mentioned in the terms please submit a claim now.

@libertysurf – We pass on the commission we get from retailers. If we had been paid the money for these by now you would have been welcome to payout. I’m more than happy to take a look at your cashback if you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Lyncj01
    Lyncj01 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use Topcashback fairly often; why not if you are planning to make the purchase anyway.

But I have a real problem with the fact the TCB will be commercially benefiting from their partner relationships and yet some of these partners do not pay and/or payments sit in pending for months.

RentalCars.com are the worst of those I have used. One payment was cancelled (even though I did hire the car as planned) and I have another pending from 13th March 2019 and another 22nd August 2019.

I won't be booking them again through TCB.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback