Avios Points Boosting guide discussion

Options

Comments

• Road_Warrior
    Options
    Book through British Airways website to earn Avios on airport parking. I travel almost every week from BHX, and for the same cost as NCP website with no Avios, I can get up to 340 Avios for five days parking so long as its booked through BA Executive Club.
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    I can not see a way of converting eRewards points into Avios, can you help?

you need to be invited
    Legal team on standby
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    malkie76 wrote: »
    you need to be invited

My wife and I were both invited by Virgin some years ago. I have about 9000 points and my wife over 10K. So being invited by VS does that mean that we can never change them into Avios?
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • peachy9
    peachy9 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi All

Thank you for the tips on how to maximise on earning avios points

I've been collecting previously through LloydsTSB duo, BA exec club, and Tescos clubcard.

... and after reading your blog, I've just signed up for a BA Amex based on the 2-4-1 companion voucher

However, I'm not ditching the LloydsTSB Amex, as they pay double avios points for spend abroad (not sure that other cards do that?)

Now, a question to you all.... when you find that a shop doesn't accept Amex, what is your second card of choice?
  • Sophiepop
    Options
    I am totally new to collecting Avios, so some of my questions may seem a bit daft to some of you :o

We are a family of 3 who want to go to Orlando in Club.

I have read that I need to buy 3 x WT+ tickets and upgrade using my Avios.

How do I find out what flights are upgradable?

Is there a charge for extra taxes etc for the upgrade?

Also, what's the thing with these extra bonus points though Tesco? I am reading that you can get 6000 extra, how can I get involved with this?

Make your replies in easy to understand format as I'm finding all this a bit tricky at the moment :D

Thanks, Tracey :j
  • Sophiepop
    Options
    How easy is it to merge a BA Exec Club and an Avios account?
  • lfc84
    lfc84 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suggest you read flyertalk ba forum
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    edited 17 June 2013 at 11:30PM
    Options
    Sophiepop wrote: »
    How easy is it to merge a BA Exec Club and an Avios account?

Very easy. Just log in and there will be "combine my avios" and you can instantly transfer the avios over.

As previously mentioned, Flyertalk is a great place for avios and BA related stuff.
    One of the members, Raffles, has a blog, mainly, but not exclusively, about earning Avios.
    Absolutely mind blowing stuff.

http://www.headforpoints.com

Particularly where Raffles explains how to get over 5 Avios per £1 filling up at Tesco

http://www.headforpoints.com/2013/06/16/phd-level-avios-which-is-the-best-way-to-collect-avios-when-buying-petrol/
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have read that I need to buy 3 x WT+ tickets and upgrade using my Avios.

You don't *need* to but using points this way provides excellent value.
    How do I find out what flights are upgradable?

You check for availability in Club World. If there are reward seats available then you can get them by buying a ticket in World Traveller Plus and upgrading.
    Is there a charge for extra taxes etc for the upgrade?

I believe the fuel surcharge is slightly higher so there'll be a small difference to cover.

Note that finding flights with 3 award seats on both the outbound and inbound flight may be difficult unless you are very flexible with dates and plan a long time in advance.
  • Bluebirdnick
    Bluebirdnick Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if people are already aware of this but you can convert topcashback funds in to tesco vouchers and therefore avios at the moment. Max £50 per year, plus they top up with a few extra percent.

Pity about the £50 cap but still a bit over 12k avios a year, not to be sniffed at
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure