PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    The EA may not have the most up to date information. Also perhaps word got back to the vendor that you'd been told three weeks and they panicked thinking you'd pull out, so they want to be seen to be progressing. Your vendors EA is one step removed from the slowest link whereas in theory the solicitors all communicate so I'd be inclined to believe them.

It's possible someone, either the EA or solicitor, has been able to chivvy the local authority on in Chesterfield, ours pulled in a favour to get a query we had turned round quickly. Who knows?!

Anyway, speaking from experience, grab any positives however surprising they are and go back expressing 9th. Might be worth having a March date in your back pocket too in cases searches are still delaying. Good luck!!!

We exchanged on our sale before our purchase, but then our vendors found a solution that meant we also tied the completions together and they moved into temporary. Even after we'd already made plans for storage and a place to crash. I think in the current climate people don't want their transactions to fail if they can help it.
  • CommitedToChange
    CommitedToChange Posts: 1,325 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2018 at 2:12PM
    Options
    Afternoon

So I have good news - the mortgage company have agreed to release the funds for completion on the 30th! This might actually happen, I'm trying to not get too excited, that's hard though.

Of course my Sol doesn't work Wednesdays :angry: but maybe we could exchanged tomorrow!

So MAYBE I'll get the keys Tuesday :eek: (I've booked the afternoon off work just in case :rotfl:)

Also Janey I completely agree with Jojo - ask for the date you want, maybe everything came back quickly.
  • Vampyr
    Vampyr Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Another day of no news.

How do people find out what is happening with the rest of the chain? The EA is unreliable - they have been saying the rest of the chain is ready to exchange when they clearly aren't, and my solicitor is useless at communicating!
  • JaneyLouWho
    Options
    Hooray CTC - hopefully you get good news tomorrow and you can get the keys on Tuesday. Keeping everything crossed!

Vampyr - a combination of pestering buyers and vendors directly, regular contact with the solicitor and pressure on the estate agent. In fact just last night my vendor and I were having a joke via text that we don’t know what the professionals are really doing for their fees, given we both seem to be doing most of the leg work of communication between parties!

I have asked my solicitor to put forward 9th Feb for completion on the purchase - and now we wait! No idea how long to expect to receive a response! Soooo impatient.
  • Alicia85
    Alicia85 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Fingers crossed CommitedToChange!

Solicitor had told me yesterday morning he would be exchanging in the afternoon, haven't heard anything else (have called and left a message), I am assuming he would have to tell me once it is done so that I can arrange insurance right?

So frustrating when your solicitor doesn't communicate Vampyr, leaves you powerless, and if you're like me (a person who makes things happen) its unbearable!
  • EllezBellz
    Options
    Afternoon

So I have good news - the mortgage company have agreed to release the funds for completion on the 30th! This might actually happen, I'm trying to not get too excited, that's hard though.

Of course my Sol doesn't work Wednesdays :angry: but maybe we could exchanged tomorrow!

So MAYBE I'll get the keys Tuesday :eek: (I've booked the afternoon off work just in case :rotfl:).

Oooo fingers crossed for you!

--

We signed our contracts yesterday and sent them back arriving at solicitors today. No exchange dates or completion yet, but solicitor says there working to complete by the end of this month which seems a bit of sort turn around but we shall see.

Not paid my deposit yet either...
  • Vampyr
    Options
    Vampyr - a combination of pestering buyers and vendors directly, regular contact with the solicitor and pressure on the estate agent. In fact just last night my vendor and I were having a joke via text that we don’t know what the professionals are really doing for their fees, given we both seem to be doing most of the leg work of communication between parties!

About to pester the EA now! I don't have contact details of the vendor unfortunately, but I don't think they are the problem. It's somewhere up the chain.
  • Vampyr
    Options
    Alicia85 wrote: »
    So frustrating when your solicitor doesn't communicate Vampyr, leaves you powerless, and if you're like me (a person who makes things happen) its unbearable!

It's unbelievably frustrating. I hired someone local with good reviews, so it's not like I went cheap and have only myslef to blame.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    I gave up and went to my vendors house to see what was happening, best decision I made to be honest. I wish I'd done it earlier.
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Vampyr - do you have the memo of sale this should have their details on it ...worst case you could knock on their door if they live nearby ?

CTC - YIPPEEEE been waiting to hear from you

JaneyLouwho - another 9th Feb date too how exciting :)

We are just now in the limbo land between exchange and completion trying to find someone who will actually insure us as well which is a teeny bit of a worry ..because we are doing work to the house our previous insurance company wont insure us :( ..12 days and counting
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback