PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Vampyr
    Vampyr Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Fisa002 wrote: »
    So I emailed the EA today asking them to remove it from marketing and not conduct anymore viewings. They ignored the first piece and replied they won’t be conducting anymore viewings.
    I received the memorandum of sale. The house is still up as for sale online on the websites. Should I be worried ?

Mine did the same - sometimes they only do this once a solicitor has been appointed so they know you are serious. Badger them again once you have done this. I wouldn't be too worried - they normally stop viewing immediately even if they don't mark it as sold.
  • EllezBellz
    Options
    Just got an email from solicitors there trying to complete for the 31st.... but we've not even exchanged! Fingers crossed.
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Yay, CTC, will keep everything crossed for you :D

We're just starting to look into buildings insurance too as buying a repo that's already been broken into and with exchange expected within the next twelve days, it's never too soon!

Completion on our sale is looming (Friday), so it's a frenzy of packing here. Our buyers are popping round later to go through some stuff (bit late in the day, but whatever ;))......

We're going to be fairly local for the next couple of weeks and hopefully during that time our purchase will fall into place.....or at least that's what I keep telling myself :o
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • RXT156
    RXT156 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Contracts signed:cool::cool:
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    Just went to logon to our NatWest mortgage tracker, and it won't let me log on as the mortgage is now live!

Roll on completion on Friday!

Good luck to everyone hoping to exchange (and who have exchanged) this week
  • Aliliva
    Aliliva Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you! and good job everyone!

PS: I'm so happy in less than a month I can stop putting money towards the "house deposit pot"...and start using that extra 500£/month for furniture :D
    GC £~~/300
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    I am really envious of those of you who have direct communications with your counterparts. I will largely blame our estate agent for muddying the waters, but it feels very 'us and them' at the moment!
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • 22cuddles
    22cuddles Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    First attempt at trying to exchange today but my solicitor hasn’t been able to contact the buyer’s solicitor. Can’t say i’m surprised but we seem to have leaped forward massively in the last week so fingers crossed for better luck tomorrow!
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    Lots of progress being posted so that is boding well!!!

Solicitors called me - wow twice in one week!! So land registry submission (adverse possession - corrected statement of truth!!) submitted and confirmed it will be expedited and that they will survey - another £30 but not a choice!! just hope they can do ASAP and then get moving again!! Estimating that will be mid Feb but will keep checking how everyone else is doing in the mean time....
    SLM
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    How frustrating!
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts