Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    I did both cutting out and knitting last night. And listened to a podcast - something I very rarely do, but I'm very glad I did as it was superbe.

Woke at 6, so had a gentle start to the day. Saw mum again and she was in fair form so I stayed a while.

A lonnnng journey back home. Firstly the cross-city train was late and then only went at half speed. By the time we reached the city, it was 16 mins late (on a 15 min journey!). So I missed a v1rg1n train, but there was another one 20 mins later. Except it left 22 mins late and arrived 27 mins late. Walked across to the next station and had an unusual 20 min wait for a train. And then there was simply a lot of traffic that slowed down the bus.

I am pleased to be home at last!

25 mins late going to brum. 27 mins late returning. What's the betting that delay repay only kicks in at 30... But we'll give it a whirl... :D

And it has meant that I've done a fair amount of knitting - at the flat, with mum, on platforms and on trains.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad your mum is ok, sorry to hear about your frustrating journeys though!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That journey sounds exhausting but glad all went ok in B'ham. Has the virus completely gone now? They do seem to linger on. Time vs money thread sounds interesting too.

Thanks for you advice on gf on my thread too, much appreciated.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Talk about front-loading your work week!

8.10 meeting (found out that the dad of a pupil that I mentored last week has died - expected and peaceful, but still v upsetting). Full day of teaching, appraisal during my free (went v well), club run at lunchtime, meeting after work until 5.05. Also managed to mark a set of books.

And breathe! I have learned to plan nowt for this sort of a Monday...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Wiped out from yesterday. And 9 hours of sleep doesn't seem to have helped much.

Saw my cousellor today - always good. And even the usual amount of walking that I do from there to get home has wiped me out. I have spent the last 3+ hours sat on the sofa, with aching legs and back/shoulders. Sigh. So, exercise is completely out of the question and I need to keep my focus on eating well (and not putting sugar in to my system). And keep sleeping lots. And keep drinking lots of water.

Found a perfect card to send to my mentee and his mum. It said exactly what I wanted to say on it.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Got food poisoning last night. Spent until 3.30am throwing up, blacking out and then diarrhea. My nose took the brunt of my blackouts and I kept coming round due to the pain! I ended up sleeping on the landing on a concoction of towels and duvets as it placed me closest to the bathroom (which is too small to stretch out in and sleep - although not too small to black out in!) Finally had a lovely bath at 6.30 and then got some sleep in our bed - once dd had stopped her ministrations which involved constantly waking me up!

So I've not made it to my school's Open Morning and won't make kids klub tomorrow. Quite apart from the poisoning, my nose isn't fit for pubic viewing !

Dh and dd have gone to a couple of open mornings, so we'll soon be abe to start on the sec sch applic forms.

Can't believe it's October on Monday.
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh no, that sounds like a terrible night! I hope you and your nose recover quickly :heart2:
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You poor thing, hope you are feeling much better now.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    sending you virtual hugs and sympathy
    CRx
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you one and all.:D

I have had a supremely quiet day in bed. Some snoozing, some reading, podcasts, watching Jessica Fletcher progs with dd. I have eaten a little, and been ok. I know that I haven't drunk enough to replace all the fluids I lost, but don't want to overdo it. There's always tomorrow...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback