Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• bobmac62
    Options
    Monthly pricing from Woldlink advised at 29.15ppl +5% VAT, down slightly from August level of 30.95ppl
  • collectors
    collectors Posts: 231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 September 2019 at 8:45PM
    Options
    A couple of years ago i tried to join Woldlink but couldn't because they was affiliated with Flogas. Now, 2 years later i just asked for a quote & a young lady "[Name removed by Forum Team]" told me 37.5 pence per litre fixed for the first 12 months with Avanti, "i assume this is + vat"where i see others on this forum at 10p less. "This was for around 1800-2000L per year.
    Are they just a broker & can anyone recommend another supplier.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just had my renewal notice through from Calor. Currently 36.5p - unable to offer me a fixed price at present, instant +5p the moment the fix ends, max rise of +3.5p in any quarter else I can bail... So that could be 69.5p at the end of the two years... Hmm. To the emails, batman!
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rather belatedly, Woldlink monthly pricing confirmed at 32.61ppl + 5% VAT, around 3ppl more than September. Oh dear, winter drawers on!
  • AdrianC
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Just had my renewal notice through from Calor. Currently 36.5p - unable to offer me a fixed price at present, instant +5p the moment the fix ends, max rise of +3.5p in any quarter else I can bail... So that could be 69.5p at the end of the two years... Hmm. To the emails, batman!
    Avanti were the only ones that are happy to fix at all. 38p 1st year, floating in 2nd year, no more than 3p/quarter increase.

Cardiff - floating, starting at 43p
    Callow - floating, starting at 43.5p
    Flo - not even a reply.
    They're the only suppliers in this area, according to LPGA.

Bit of a difference to last time - 33p 1st year fix, £250 free gas...!
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have had a letter from Avanti, stating that now the 12 month fixed period has expired they are increasing the price by 7.15p/l (from 32.9p/l).
    The contract states a maximum increase of 3p in any six month period. However it has the usual get-out clause about underlying increases in the wholesale cost of gas

I will object, and see what happens ...
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • AdrianC
    Options
    When is a fix not a fix...?
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    When is a fix not a fix...?

When it's anything to do with LPG!:)

My local independent has just informed me of a rise from 30ppl to 33ppl, but at least he did me a fill at the old price.

Not too bad considering.
  • collectors
    Options
    I have contacted two lpg gas suppliers & can't believe the lies & bs they come out with to get a contract out of you.
    At the moment I am with calor at the & they want 38p per liter fixed for one year & a possible increase of 5p a liter in any 6 month period in year 2.
    So I shopped around for a price & extragas was on par with most other quotes at 36p + tank maintenance. So i said go ahead. They then sent me a contract with a clause that if i pulled out of the contract in the 1st two years i could be liable for a £3500.00 penalty to remove the tank & i would be responsible for for any making good of the property. I phoned back & said forget it.
    So i tried Northern Energy & they offered on the phone the same 36p & thrown in a free gas breakdown cover. Ok, I said go ahead. Once again the problems start. I told them about the last company with the £3500.00 penalty & he said we are a new company and wouldn't do that. So a nice rep called in the same day & checked the tank & got me to sign the contract.
    While he was hear i said i just want to order gas & pay for it there & then. He then turns around & said we only work on a top up basis & we can do it your way, but you would lose the insurance of a boiler breakdown cover. So i went ahead & singed. About an hour later I was reading the small print & they had a £900.00 penalty if a leave in the 1st 2 years on which he said they didn't do. Another quick call & cancelled it. Thank goodness for consumer rights & a 14 day cooling off period.
    Now i am still looking for another supplier. Would be nice to just get honesty.
  • CircuitW1zard
    Options
    Can somebody advise what the clause looks like in the contract that lets Calor increase the price whenever they feel like it? If you have a contract with a fixed price in year one and fixed increase in year two should this clause not be seen at all?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback