PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Love food hate Waste Part two for 2018 :)

Options

Comments

• YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I have some whipping cream to use up this week so I shall look into things I can do with it. I was going to whip it all up but have been so busy that I've not had a chance I feel a big pot of coffee coming on this morning which will help shift some of it.JackieO xx

Will it last until the end of Lent, Jackie? Those ginger nuts must be calling you by now! ;)
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looking for ideas please my cupboard audit produced a tin of crushed pineapple I must have picked up by mistake, any thoughts on what to do with it?
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    Looking for ideas please my cupboard audit produced a tin of crushed pineapple I must have picked up by mistake, any thoughts on what to do with it?

I love pineapple. I'd eat it straight out of the tin. :D Or you could make a cake, put it in a curry, put it on pizza, cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks :rotfl:
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    purplevamp wrote: »
    I love pineapple. I'd eat it straight out of the tin. :D Or you could make a cake, put it in a curry, put it on pizza, cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks :rotfl:

:)

Normally I don't have a problem knowing what to do with pineapple but as this is crushed pineapple it will fall off the cocktail stick:rotfl:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    YorksLass don't remind me I am getting severe withdrawal pangs for my ginger nuts :) only one more week.No, the whipping cream's date is today. I will definitely have some with coffee this morning though :) and maybe pour some on some porridge as well.No shopping to get at all as the eating from the freezer is going well,nowhere near emptying it yet though, Its astonishing how much food actually accumulates in there :) the trouble is because I am mainly out and about during the week I am sometimes not in for dinner until late, and then tend to have a quick snack instead. Tonight's meal though is definitely from there and is a boxed chicken curry, with rice. I may have a play with my new gadget the PKP that I treated myself to.I know I have quite a bit of diced meat in there that I can turn into a casserole, plus there is plenty of veg as well that can be used up from the freezer, maybe have a cook up this morning and make some more boxed up portions for the freezer :):):) still HM ready meals will be easier to get used up :):):)
    Have a great weekend chums its Easter next week :):):)and I get my biscuits back

JackieO xx
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have some whipping cream to use up this week so I shall look into things I can do with it

I was going to whip it all up but have been so busy that I've not had a chance I feel a big pot of coffee coming on this morning which will help shift some of it

JackieO xx

White chocolate cheesecake. Usually use double cream but whipping cream should work.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    White chocolate cheesecake. Usually use double cream but whipping cream should work.

Sounds delicious, but I would be have to be wheeled around in a wheelbarrow :rotfl:Perhaps I can make some choux pastry and fill it up with whipped cream.I have some left over dark chocolate in the fridge which could be melted to make the topping for eclairs I am thinking aloud here at the moment I just don't want to bin it
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Jackie , you probably know better than me, but could you whip it then freeze it???

Saw someone needed to use up mushrooms, I always chop and freeze any that are left so they don't go off, same with peppers. They're usually going on pizza or in pasta anyway.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    purpleybat wrote: »
    I've never managed toad, I find its always soggy in the middle, maybe I use too much batter mixture. I can make giant yorks tho so cook sausages and then pop them in after to serve.
    I make vegetarian toad-in-the-hole most weeks, as it's our go-to Sunday dins. I use the food processor to make the batter as I can't mix it by hand any more, and i find it seems to be better if i make it an hour in advance and let it stand til i want to use it.
    Brambling wrote: »
    I use pineapple a lot - I'd use crushed pineapple, if I had it, to add to HM sweet'n'sour sauce or as an ingredient in Wolfy's Special Egg Fried Rice (I use chunks cut small for both of these, but crushed would work). I also put pineapple chunks on HM pizza, but I guess that won't work so well with crushed pineapple.

For sweet ideas, it can be paired with banana for a tasty dessert - maybe banana split with pineapple instead of strawberry jam?

I've also made banana & pineapple crumble before, when I had a few ripening 'nanas to use up, and that went down well.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds delicious, but I would be have to be wheeled around in a wheelbarrow :rotfl:

Maybe DGSs would help, they usually have hollow legs :rotfl:
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback