PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Love food hate Waste Part two for 2018 :)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have a Remoska , and a slow cooker, and this was my treat as I couldn't think of anything else to buy with what was left of my Christmas cash :) I had a pressure cooker many years ago but it was a bit temperamental and terrified me so I gave it away.This new one seems to be a lot better design and has many safety features. I do love my 'moska and its used daily. I managed to find a deal where I got a 3 litre one for a tad over £45 so was quite happy with that My son-in-law paid around £100.00 for theirs but as I am on my own a small one was quite OK for me
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    £45 was a good price. Would it be big enough for 2 or would a bigger one be needed. If I could get one for £45 I might treat myself (birthday coming up shortly!).

Denise
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've used my PKP a lot since I brought it last year in fact I haven't used my slow cooker since. Lovely beef shin casseroles in 30 minuets. I usually stock up when I see meat reduced at the Waitrose next to work as their meat counter does has good reductions from lunchtime the latest one was a mix of pig cheeks and pork osso bucco cooked in cider

There is one problem and that's rice pudding in only 12 minutes :rotfl: I hadn't made it in years before the PKP occasionally I make with half milk half coconut milk, just need to remember to use less sugar.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options

So menu is as follows:

Wed. Lo hm beef curry
    Th. Hm lasagne
    Fri. Mackerel fillets
    Sat. Toad in the Hole
    Sun. Full roast pork dinner (neither of us are fans of lamb)
    Mon. Lo roast dinner
    Tue. Fishcakes

Wish me luck :)

MrsSD
    LFHW

Hi folks,

Wed. DH had lo hm beef curry + last naan from freezer, I had lo Chinese takeaway from freezer.
    The lasagne meat is defrosting & the garlic baguette can be cooked from frozen.

I made some “Twinks” aka hobnobs today & they are delish :drool: + made an apple & summer fruits (from freezer) crumble.

Need milk for custard, a pork joint & potatoes + other bits & pieces so I now have a proper shopping list and will send DH to sm later today - I hope the sm isn’t crowded as it appears from other threads that people are going potty with their food shopping because it is Easter :eek: no wonder there is so much food waste :eek:

LFHW

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    £45 was a good price. Would it be big enough for 2 or would a bigger one be needed. If I could get one for £45 I might treat myself (birthday coming up shortly!).

Denise

Joedenise, Yes I think 3 litres would be big enough, have a shufti in the shops first to see if you think it is. I have a 3 litre slow cooker and that more than makes enough for me with lots of portions to freeze.

I looked online, and Tesco click and collect did them, and although online it said the price was £48.95 when I went to order it at the big Gillingham store the price came up as £45.60 and I collected it the following day;);) who am I to argue with their prices at the till Well worth the money I think

JackieO xx
  • joedenise
    Options
    Thanks Jackie. Will have a look when I'm near some big shops!

Denise
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Thanks Jackie. Will have a look when I'm near some big shops!

Denise

I see that Lakeland are offering the 5 litre 12 programme one for £59.99 with a 3 year guarantee ATM, it is probably a good thing that I live too far away from a store to go and check it out:rotfl:

I had been wondering about getting one for the caravan, but a bit concerned about the steam when de-pressurising, no extractor fan in there:( also rather a lack of worktop space.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • joedenise
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I see that Lakeland are offering the 5 litre 12 programme one for £59.99 with a 3 year guarantee ATM, it is probably a good thing that I live too far away from a store to go and check it out:rotfl:

I had been wondering about getting one for the caravan, but a bit concerned about the steam when de-pressurising, no extractor fan in there:( also rather a lack of worktop space.

I'm another one a long way from a Lakeland! Like you it's just as well I can't get there easily as I invariably buy something if I go in - which is why I don't look at their website either!

I use my small pressure cooker (on the hob) in my motorhome and just lift it outside to depressurise. I wouldn't use an electric one in there as we don't always have electric. We often go on rallies at weekends where there is almost never electric.

Denise
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »

My DD and son-in-law take theirs to their caravan every weekend and its fine, no problems with steam at all
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options

So menu is as follows:

Wed. Lo hm beef curry - DONE
    Th. Hm lasagne
    Fri. Mackerel fillets
    Sat. Toad in the Hole
    Sun. Full roast pork dinner (neither of us are fans of lamb)
    Tue. Fishcakes

Wish me luck :)

MrsSD
    LFHW

Thursday, we just had sandwiches so Friday will be hm lasagne & mackerel is moved to Wednesday.

Still nothing wasted or thrown away.

LFHW

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback