Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Sorry I have been awol. I have been really busy with the diy and just haven't been concentrating on WW. With predictable results. I have regained 3lbs. I am really cross with myself. Anyway I know what to do, my own stupid fault. I feel bloated and uncomfortable so the sooner I get back on the wagon the better.

DAL. Hope you get better soon. I have shoulder and arm problems too at the moment, such a nuisance isn't it.

13. Evening snacking is my problem too. I must try and distract myself. I just get so tired though in the evenings and just crash out on the sofa. It's a vicious circle which needs breaking. ;)

Anyway going to do my best to get back on track today. I shall keep coming back on here so you can keep me accountable and give me a kick up the derrière.
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck this week, lessonlearned.

I am please to report the scales did indeed drop below 14 stone - in fact despite the fish and chips they hovered between 13:13 and 13:12 so I was generous and recorded 13:12, it will make me want to be below 13:12 next week so it will be a good incentive!

Seems I have one bad day each week! Although this weekend is going to be a big challenge as we have a swimming gala on Sat with our sons which always means a social stop at McD on the way home - I'll try and stick to a grilled chicken wrap and no fries and definitely no frappe just a diet drink!!

And then Sunday we are having a day out in Center parcs, so there will inevitably be a few treats then, last time we ended up in the pancake house for brunch followed by a Burger King dinner! There will be a lot of walking to go along with it though - that might help!

I'm trying to be a few points under during the week and do a few more steps to build up a cushion but I was hungry last night - mind you we did go out to carnival and there was a lot of extra walking and sitting in the cold - I just had a bottle of water rather than a hot dog and hot choc, and a cup of tea to warm me up when we got home!

Wish me luck guys! Hope you all have a good week!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 November 2019 at 7:58PM
    Options
    DAL hope you get better soon.

13 Well done you.

Wb LL, its so easy to take the eye of the ball when busy with other things isn't it?

Im still chugging away, another 1lb off. Its really slow now because A - Im not being so strict and B - the walking has slowed right down due to the dark and wet nights

I completed Sober October, raised £150 which I am over the moon with. Was actually quite easy come the end. Celebrated by going out for lunch yesterday 2 courses for £5 ( love the winter here, prices get slashed to keep the restaurants open ) and had a glass of wine with it. I chose wisely as well, a salad and a stir fry. Its so hard this time of year I think as well to keep on the straight and narrow, big tins of sweets are already coming into work, stews always taste nicer with dumplings rather then boiled potatoes and its hard not to "want" something later in the evening when sat on the sofa in front of a fire Sigh

Still Im enjoying the benefits, the huge wardrobe of clothes that now fit me, no longer wearing the same six things day in and out and Ive booked the hairdressers for next week to get this hair chopped short. Something Ive been avoiding but now I have cheek bones again I think its time :)

Just wish I could afford a neck lift :)
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope your week's are going well.

Suki well done with the sober October that's great!

I managed to lose my 2lb this week despite a snacky weekend, but I did try to keep my points lower during the week to compensate.

The one wobble in the week was a quarter of a tiny vanilla cheescake (can't possibly be many points it was only small! ) turns out 1/6 was 12 points and I had 1/4 ! I was gutted it was nice but I would have rather had a chocolate bar for that many points!! Also I didn't manage a swim this week, so I was really pleased to still lose 2lb.

2lb to go and then I've lost a stone so that's my incentive for this week!

WW seem to have had a bit of a change this week and have 3 new plans online - Green, Blue and Purple - I'm sticking with Blue as it seems to be doing the trick at the moment, but in case you're wondering here's what they are.

Green - Small list of 100 Zero point foods, fruit and veg, and a larger smart points budget for other foods.

Blue 200 zero point foods, fruit, veg and lean protein (chicken, fish etc) and a moderate smart points budget

Purple 300 Zero point foods - fruit, veg, lean protein and wholegrains and a small smartpoint budget.

Sounds like they are making options for those who prefer to track almost everything they eat to those who would rather have free foods for most meals and a few points counted for extras (this option sounds a bit like SW to me)

Have a good week everyone!
  • fozzzz
    Options
    I checked the scales - they're ok. Can anyone tell me what has happened here!
    I felt bloated and without energy. So we started 'Weight watchers Core Plan' together a week ago. I last did this diet with dedication a decade ago (lost 2st in 3 months). It is now discontinued, I don't know why, it worked well for me.
    We're eating well, putting a lot of effort into tasty but legal meals. It's basically no sugar, no bread, low fat (the concept of core foods is still strong I see). I normally eat meat, but only a bit of chicken this week. My wife is vege and we've eaten the same, but she's only lost 2lb (she's not impressed!!).
    It's obviously a huge (healthy) celebration - but that said I don't feel any slimmer. I feel less bloated, my energy has come back a bit (but I am still fighting off a cold).
    The question is - Could I have been carrying around 8lb in my gut? Are there any WW gurus out there who know what has happened?
    I am a 47y/o 6'2" man formally weighing 16.2 now 15.8...
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Well done fozzz. I am afraid I don't know anything about the Core Plan, I only joined this year. I have never about it. But it's obviously working well for you.

Well I'm afraid I have fallen by the wayside, got distracted by all the diy and just fell off the wagon, eating on the go is never good for me. I need to be more mindful.

At least I've stayed the same and not regained any more, and my blood sugars are ok. That's the main thing.

Anyway going to make a concerted effort now. Get back on track with renewed enthusiasm. :rotfl:

Hope you are all doing well. Not the easiest time of the year for weight watching, especially when the days are dark and miserable. I just want to eat and hibernate. :o
  • suki1964
    Options
    Huge weight loss in the first week is usually fluids, no matter what diet you follow. After the first week you may find you stay the same or only lose 1lb or even less, then you should settle into between 1 and 4 lbs a week lose

Just keep with the plan, use your points and try to up your exercise. The weight will come off. Im finding its really hard to shift this last 7lb mostly because the loss has been so slow ( menopausal female ) but also because Im now really only working the programme half heartedly

But I will lose it, Im determined . Im starting with a personal trainer in two weeks, to help my back more then any other reason. The last fall I had has really scuppered what I can do. Im managing a day in work and come home half crippled plus being in chronic pain makes everything a chore. So I have booked in for 4 sessions ( he is affiliated to the NHS but Im going private ) and see how we go. If I can get more pain free movement I will be over the moon. If I get more then that from the sessions I will be estactic. Ive already decided the 5 mile charity walk I do in June will be my first ever run and Ive signed up for a half marathon for September. Both a long way away but both are targets Im aiming for and fully expect to achieve

for me its not only the weight loss, its the getting fitter thats keeping me on the journey
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your back Suki. Hope you see an improvement soon. I too have pain issues as well as concerns over my blood sugar levels so for me too losing weight is part of a wider self help health imitative.

I currently have a frozen shoulder......my own stupid fault, too much diy and neglecting to do the exercises recommended by my physio. I am back on them now and hope to see an improvement soon. If not then I might have to cough up to see her again.

I have definitely felt better for losing weight but I too am struggling with that last 7lbs.

I'm determined though, I won't be beaten. :rotfl:
  • suki1964
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your back Suki. Hope you see an improvement soon. I too have pain issues as well as concerns over my blood sugar levels so for me too losing weight is part of a wider self help health imitative.

I currently have a frozen shoulder......my own stupid fault, too much diy and neglecting to do the exercises recommended by my physio. I am back on them now and hope to see an improvement soon. If not then I might have to cough up to see her again.

I have definitely felt better for losing weight but I too am struggling with that last 7lbs.

I'm determined though, I won't be beaten. :rotfl:

Is that not two of us on this thread now with shoulder problems? DAL is struggling as well at the moment with hers. Mine is the least of my worries, although its contributing the the general hurt. Im still getting a lot of pain around the coccyx , obviously my lower back is restricting movement there to protect that area, which means Im now getting severe back pain around the top of my back, think boob level up to neck. Just feel it knotting up as the work day goes on.

Still Im off work now till Monday, Im away to Liverpool for a few days, to get a decent curry and to shop the Christmas markets. So my 7lb won't be shifting this week thats for sure:rotfl: I think Im burning more energy just keeping warm was minus 7 in work yesterday, thought my fingers were going to snap off so Im not really worrying about being strict 24/7 365 at the moment

What I am doing though is keeping an eye on how my clothes are fitting. Going back to skirts and trousers that don't have elastic waistbands really does keep you on the straight and narrow ( well for the most part ) :)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Hello Fellow WWers.

How are we all doing,

I've managed a loss of 1lb this week.

It's 5 weeks to Christmas......I doubt I will get to my final target in time but I don't really mind. If I can lose 1lb a week till then I'll be happy enough.

Sorry to hear about your back pain Suki....hope you get some relief soon. Enjoy Liverpool.

. Oddly enough I developed coccyx pain a few months ago. No idea why because I hadn't had a fall or anything. It really bothered me so I bought one of those special cushions. It has really helped, I am almost pain free now.

I have also restarted doing my physio exercises and a few simple yoga and Pilates stretches. I'm definitely seeing an overall improvement.

Anyway it's good to be back on track with WW, sticking to mainly paleo. I really do feel much better when I avoid grains although I need to reduce dairy a bit more. I'm a bit of a cheeseaholic though.

Going to try and make a cauliflower pizza base today. Im not much of a baker so it should be interesting. :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback