🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done 13. Fantastic start.
  • Leo2u1
    Options
    13, excellently written article, very informative and interesting to read
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi guys :D
    Well it's 5 weeks today, until I fly off to Goa.I started on WW in Apr n lost 49lbs, but have put 10 back on :o Totally stupid of me to go off track, but have had some very challenging probs to deal with:(
    Anyway just had egg on toast for brekky, n have a lovely spicy lentil soup for tea:D I need to be able to fit on that plane:rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow! 49lbs is amazing! Even 39lbs is!

Hopefully I've had a good week, I've been trying hard to save points for the weekend as we are meeting up with family and plan to have a Chinese takeaway.

Any advice for what to choose (or NOT to choose?) to eat?
  • 13Kent
    edited 21 October 2019 at 10:02AM
    Options
    Well I thought the week was going well, I managed 2 swims - one was 60 lengths mainly because everyone else in the pool got out and I ended up having the pool to myself and therefore being under the scrutiny of two lifeguards one at either end of the pool, so I felt like I couldn't sit around chilling out in the water I had to keep swimming
    :rotfl::rotfl:

But unfortunately Saturday arrived, and we were heading out to meet family. Unfortunately we got delayed on route and with two hungry boys in the car and it being far beyond lunch time we stopped at Subway, I was starving and unfortunately a salad just wouldn't fill the gap so I ended up having a chicken wrap :(

We then arrived at my parents' and my brother arrived and demanded food, so that was cake and a cuppa (my willpower is rubbish!) and then we had our planned Chinese. There were loads of dishes and I did try and be restrained - I did have water rather than wine and tried not to pile my plate up too much (who knew that sweet and sour chicken is 64 points :mad::mad:)...then later in the evening coffee and chocolate biscuits appeared....:(

I had tried to save my points for the weekend but I suspect I ate far more than that! A bit of a disaster all round really, I spent Sunday feeling a bit miserable as my willpower was so rubbish!

So last weeks weightloss was scuppered somewhat, but I did lose 1lb so it wasn't a complete disaster! Who knew one day of falling off the wagon could have such an impact!

Oh well onwards and upwards for this week!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello everyone.....,

After a nice little break I'm now back on it. The final push to lose that last half stone for Christmas. Roughly 8 weeks, should be doable.

But first I need to lose 1.4lbs I have regained. I'm not too disappointed with the gain, I have been off piste for several weeks now so it is only to be expected.

Anyway back to it. I've been eating far too many carbs and my body really doesn't like them so for the next couple of days I'm not going to worry about counting points, I'm just going to going to slash the carbs (green carbs only now) and let my body get used to that. Need to do a fruit and veg stock up so will do that today.

Good news....I checked my BMI and Blood sugar levels. BMI now happily in the healthy range, ie under 25 and my blood sugars are doing well, coming down nicely.

Hope you are all doing well.

Let the Christmas Countdown begin.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am not doing very well. Have fallen and dislocated my shoulder (most pain I have ever been in!) so diet is not a high priority atm. Trying my best, but it's my dominant arm so struggling to cook/eat, so lots of Cereal lol!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • 13Kent
    Options
    Oh no! Hope it doesn't take too long to heal!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm on the WW naughty step this week.Have eaten loads of cheese, bread, pizza etc .Have had a stressful week, but I know it's no excuse:(
    Will start again tomoz :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • 13Kent
    Options
    Weekends are the worst for me! We had a food fayre on locally - there were free samples everywhere especially cheese, cheese and more cheese!!

Tomorrow is another day!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport