Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    13Kent wrote: »
    Weekends are the worst for me! We had a food fayre on locally - there were free samples everywhere especially cheese, cheese and more cheese!!

Tomorrow is another day!!

Omg cheese is my downfall, especially the Mexican chilli one:p
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Options
    DTL hope you heal quickly. Its a !!!!!! when you are injured and cant look after yourself properly

13, we all have weeks like that. don't beat yourself up, you still lost

And I shall be honest here, Ive had Chinese takeaway the past four Saturdays - honey chilli chicken with half rice and half noodle, and Ive enjoyed every mouthful and scoffed the lot :)

Candygirl Im the same with the cheese, love love love it and I cant give it up. Even when Im being really good and having tinned sardines on a toasted slim for lunch in work, I put a thin slice of really strong cheddar on it. Ok so Im not talking a slice the size of a plate, just that two cm slice from the cheese block.Its just enough to satisfy my cheese urge

LL, the bread has snuck in here as well :(

Im now just 7lb from my goal :beer: That 4lb that was coming and going has gone at last. I haven't been to WW, Ive hardly been walking either, but the Sober October has obviously helped

Mostly Im not worrying too much about what I am eating, I know when Ive been really awful, I feel dreadful - bloated, windy and sluggish. Most days I stick to high protein, low carb but if there's beef stew and dumplings for tea, then Im having it :) Most evening meals have been swapped to using turkey and chicken instead of beef which mean we still get to eat the favourites, just less calorific

Im now down to size 10 jeans and skirts, 12 dress . Ive still got a lot of belly fat which I know won't go without exercise but I shall think more about that in the new year. Im planning to have that 7LB off by then so will be less body conscience and that will give me the courage to get to the gym for the winter

Its definitely a slow journey but Im getting there. Its annoying me seeing some younger friends losing twice as much in half the time but they are doing bootcamp and the like, something I know I wouldn't be able to maintain, at least I know with WW I can keep it going
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can only dream about a size 10 or size 12 - in fact I don't think I was ever a size 10 I think I went straight to a 12 when I moved from girls clothes to women's clothes!!

Last week wasn't as disastrous as I thought, I lost 2lb still :j so that's 8lb in total. I didn't break below 14 stone which I was hoping for (too much cheese!) but hopefully next week!

However this week won't be so good as I'm out of routine with it being half term and won't manage to swim twice this week, and I've been making cakes with my boys and taking my turn at licking the bowl!! :p But I'm trying to regulate my portion sizes ie one pork steak for tea today instead of my usual two and I admit I did have a little tiny taste of the fat before cutting it off and putting it in the dog's bowl!! Before I would have eaten two with the fat left on.

WW seem to think I'm doing ok as my weeklies have been reduced to 35 from 40 something (I can't remember).

I'm trying to up my speed on my usual 8k step dog walk - partly due to the tips given on here and partly because as it's half term I'm leaving two teenagers at home and if I'm gone too long the fridge and the cupboards will be empty by the time I return ! - Not to mention every light left on in every room and anything with
    a screen switched on!! :rotfl:

Good luck with your goal Suki, and have a good week everyone!
  • suki1964
    Options
    Well done on the 8lb 13:beer:

Im tiny. My ideal weight according to the charts is 7.3 to 9. I won't ever get back to that so Im just aiming to get my BMI back down to acceptable levels which means the next 7lb has to go

I was 8-8.5 for most of my life. There have been times Ive ballooned to as much as 12 stone. Ive just taken size 20 clothes to the charity shop. So I might seem like Im not really having to lose a lot and that a size 10/12 sounds great, but in reality, being such a short !!!, Im still very close to being obese according to the NHS BMI and weight charts
  • 13Kent
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I'm tall and have big shoulders (from swimming a lot over the years I think!) and everyone is shocked when I tell them how much I weigh as I "carry it well" but I am a size 18-20 on top, and 16-18 on the bottom depending on the style of clothes.

My dream would be to get back to a size 14 like I was in my 20's, but after 2 children (and lots of cakes!!!):rotfl: I'm not expecting that to happen! But if I can get comfortably into a size 16 and to be able to wear a bra more comfortably without having to put an extending bit in it I'll be happier!

Ideally would like to be 10 stone 7 but if I can get down to 11 stone I'd be really pleased.

The healthy weight for my height is apparently 8st 6lb - 11st 5lb according to the NHS website and it says I am in the obese range and suggests I need to lose another 11lbs, so my next target after dropping below 14 stone is to drop to 13 stone 3.

I'm trying to aim for small targets. Someone said it's 8 weeks till Xmas so I'd like to be nearer 13 stone than 14 stone by then!

Sounds like you've done really well. My problem is keeping it off it seems to creep up and and then add more to my starting weight!
  • suki1964
    Options
    Ha ha , it was the bras digging into me that got me back on track, and funnily enough the woman who joined the same day as me said the exact same

Its amazing how we can kid ourselves with elastic waist bands and draping tops, but the bra tells the tale :(

Now my bras fit comfortably again and the back boobs have gone :j

You are wise to keep to small targets, but at the same time keep the big target in your mind. I have that 7lb target for new year but I am really wanting another stone off altogether so its another 7lb off for the beginning of April. Ive done it like that so as I don't go mad at Christmas and New Year and Ive a Edinburgh trip booked for the first week in April in a Spa Hotel which I want to feel comfortable about using. I have to have things to aim for else I fall by the wayside far too easily. It used to be holidays abroad that kept me halfway sensible, when we both worked in London we would book a holiday abroad every 3 or 4 months and I couldn't keep buying new clothes so had to keep my weight steady. Moving here and the lifestyle we have meant jeans or leggings. So easy for the weight to be hidden.

I wore a skirt for the first time in 5 years this week.
  • 13Kent
    Options
    You are so right about the bras - I have some lovely ones in my drawer that I can't get into, and I seem to wear the same one or two day in day out that have no doubt stretched to fit me and are most comfy!!

I've worn leggings and floaty tops and jumpers for a long time - as I work from home I have no need to dress smartly so can get away with it!

I've got friends that have recently had a trip to Edinburgh and really enjoyed it, sounds like it's a beautiful city.

Good luck with your targets!
  • 13Kent
    Options
    Oh dear! This weeks downfall was Halloween! Took our boys out to meet their friends at teatime and we hadn't eaten....fish and chips in the car followed by a double G+T in the pub whilst we waited for them - I did only have a small fish and chips but was horrified to find out how many points when I got home!!

Trying to make up for it! Only one swim this week, but made it count trying to up the speed by doing 70 lengths in an hour. Trying to eat more 0 foods to save a few points - thought I was doing well having a big bowl of Skyr yogurt and fruit for lunch - only to discover half a tin of peaches in juice was 6 points not the 0 points I had anticipated!!

I think I still have a lot to learn about points values! I'm gutted I could have had an ice cream in front of the TV later for 6 points!!

Too wet and windy to go walking today - managed to get out during a break in the weather, but only 5k steps before the rain set in again unfortunately!

Still hoping to break below the 14 stone barrier on Monday though...not sure it will be by more than 1lb though! Have to try not to snack this evening in front of tv! I'm too busy on a weekday to watch a lot of tv but Saturdays are chill out times!
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This week has been awful. Shoulders till sore, although it is better than it was and I can use my arm in a limited way again. I am off work again next week too, another problem as I do tend to eat more then. I will re evaluate once I am back at work I think.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • 13Kent
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback