Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• northwest1965
    northwest1965 Posts: 2,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FreeBear wrote: »
    Had Virgin Retentions calling this morning (wish I'd seen your post sooner). Offered a fixed price for 18 months at £26 per month - Could have knocked a couple more quid off... As long as they don't try to sneak in any price increases next year, it will work out cheaper in the long run than switching to Plusnet.

The guy akso said he will recommend oik from yesterday receives additional training and not to bullsh1t customers.

That's presumably with a phone line.? Any calls?
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hoth0416 wrote: »
    Hi all

Cancelled at the end of my contract (been a customer for a number of years) and the end date is Friday. Not had any calls yet - which is unusual. Any ideas why this may be?
    Every 15th canceller is not called back, to ensure a sprinkling of posts on social media and consumer forums saying 'no callback?'. Keeps the rest of the punters in fear :o

But seriously, it's been said that if you've set your marketing prefs on your account too strict - eg 'don't call me with offers' - this could be the cause. And ensure your main contact number is your mobile, not your Virgin line. I never managed to reach our landline which sits in its charger on top of fridge in time to answer it. Cancelled that line now anyway, it's just another impediment to switching broadband.
  • northwest1965
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    Every 15th canceller is not called back, to ensure a sprinkling of posts on social media and consumer forums saying 'no callback?'. Keeps the rest of the punters in fear :o

But seriously, it's been said that if you've set your marketing prefs on your account too strict - eg 'don't call me with offers' - this could be the cause. And ensure your main contact number is your mobile, not your Virgin line. I never managed to reach our landline which sits in its charger on top of fridge in time to answer it. Cancelled that line now anyway, it's just another impediment to switching broadband.

Under our contact details, cant see anywhere to add our telephone number....it just has our email address as a contact
  • northwest1965
    Options
    Have cancelled today, just called them again to get a price lowering to 50mb, 2 days ago with 100mb I was quoted £62.50, today with 50mb its still £62.50. I don't think so. Will report back, if they get in touch
  • buglawton
    Options
    Under our contact details, cant see anywhere to add our telephone number....it just has our email address as a contact
    True, it's not anywhere you can see. What I did was ensure they knew my mobile number during my call to cancel.
  • buglawton
    Options
    Have cancelled today, just called them again to get a price lowering to 50mb, 2 days ago with 100mb I was quoted £62.50, today with 50mb its still £62.50. I don't think so. Will report back, if they get in touch
    I think they have a well tuned algorithm, if you call them it says 'you chase us, price is high, you don't, we'll have to produce a better offer'.
  • big_man
    big_man Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 21 July 2019 at 8:25PM
    Options
    I was offered the ultimate oomph deal for 99 pound initially but they reduced it to 89 pound after speaking to the cancellation team. I've rejected the offer and cancelled the contract in the hope the retention team calls me and offers me a lower price. If they do not call me with a better offer can I reverse my cancellation and accept the offer.
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    big_man wrote: »
    I was offered the ultimate oomph deal for 99 pound initially but they reduced it to 89 pound after speaking to the cancellation team. I've rejected the offer and cancelled the contract in the hope the retention team calls me and offers me a lower price. If they do not call me with a better offer can I reverse my cancellation and accept the offer.

Have to say, I`d take that. I want my bill down below £100.
  • leew
    leew Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got the dreaded price rise letter and I'll be honest already paying too much @ £31.23 for 70meg broadband only since my loyalty discount ended.

I'll be giving them a ring, already earmarked a few cheaper deals between £17-22 a month after cashback etc and thats without mentioning the £19 for new customers :mad:

Watch this space will report back after I've cancelled - may take a day or two for retention's to ring though.
  • northwest1965
    Options
    Cancelled last week and had no email confirmation. Is this normal?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback