Barclays Switch offer 1st July-30th November 2019

Options

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    I have found it in the app it is under 'products' at the bottom then choose 'current account offers'
  • alandaniel132
    alandaniel132 Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What is the offer does we get if we are existing customer and switch other bank current account to Barclays?
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    Options
    I knew there was a reason to keep a Tesco current account handy.

As I already have a Barclays account with 2 DDs, I don't need the Tesco account to have any DDs either :)
  • 20SmthngSver
    20SmthngSver Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    I think I'll stay with TSB until November, then switch it to Barclays, so then it's 12 months until November 2020 of double rewards. They offer a JBSP mortgage too so I'm likely to go with them.

I'll open a Co-Op reward at some point to to get their monthly reward. Appealing as I sometimes go below £1500 with TSB now and now it's 3% not 5% it's not as attractive.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    JustAnotherSaver Posts: 6,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well i saw this this morning and got all geared up for another switch (i'm NOT an existing customer btw)

But then after more reading on the Barclay's website it says you need to go in branch about it all within 5 days.

Now unless they open up Sunday for me then that's a non starter as i work Monday-Saturday.

Bit annoying but what can you do.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have just switched my now redundant Santander account into my existing Barclays account.

I have not received any communication from either bank, or been asked to go into branch with ID (presumably because I am an existing Barclays customer ?)

Does anyone know if this is normal when switching into an existing account ?

If not I will give them a ring tomorrow.

I did get given a switch date of 10.07.19
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mummyof5 wrote: »
    I have just switched my now redundant Santander account into my existing Barclays account.

I have not received any communication from either bank, or been asked to go into branch with ID (presumably because I am an existing Barclays customer ?)

Does anyone know if this is normal when switching into an existing account ?

If not I will give them a ring tomorrow.

I did get given a switch date of 10.07.19
    Yes, this is normal. I applied via the Barclays app this morning to switch one of my now redundant Tesco current accounts into my existing Barclays current account. I too got given a switch date of 10 July. If you gave your mobile number, Barclays will update you by message regarding the progress of the switch. Otherwise you wont here from Barclays until the switch is completed,You will probably get a letter in a day or two from Santander saying that you have applied to switch your account to Barclays and to get in touch if you didn't apply for this
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes, this is normal. I applied via the Barclays app this morning to switch one of my now redundant Tesco current accounts into my existing Barclays current account. I too got given a switch date of 10 July. If you gave your mobile number, Barclays will update you by message regarding the progress of the switch. Otherwise you wont here from Barclays until the switch is completed,You will probably get a letter in a day or two from Santander saying that you have applied to switch your account to Barclays and to get in touch if you didn't apply for this

Thank you that's really helpful.
    So no need to visit a branch with ID ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mummyof5 wrote: »
    Thank you that's really helpful.
    So no need to visit a branch with ID ?
    No need to visit branch with ID. That only applies if you're new to Barclays and opening a current account into which to switch. This doesn't apply to ypu or me. :T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No need to visit branch with ID. That only applies if you're new to Barclays and opening a current account into which to switch. This doesn't apply to ypu or me. :T

Brilliant thank you .
    They clearly saw a gap with Tesco and Santander promotions ending :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure