3 is the cheapest, but is it best

Options

Comments

• rosieposie46
    Options
    I have had nothing but problems with 3. The customer services call centres are all based in india and are hard work to say the least. The signal is very off and on and often cuts out. The repair service i have received is a joke - my phone wouldn't turn on or charge and i sent it away (i was told it would take only 3 days) when i received my phone 12 days later they said they couldnt find a problem with the phone but it was still not working. 3 wouldnt give me a replacement or loan phone - the just tried to get me to upgrade!

My advice is steer well clear of 3.. they are cheap but useless!!
  • glennboy_2
    Options
    Where to begin ?
    Incompetent shop failed to set one phone of three up for international roaming despite going through credit check 3 times ; Spent 3 hours trying to get that resolved with CS, cost me £15 to fix as phone was by then in Australia ; even UK network service comparable to two tins cans and a piece of string - couldn't get a consistent signal to Cust Services in my kitchen let alone anywhere off the beaten track. Overhyped skpe service - poor in Australia unless in Sydney (and preferably stood under a mast) ; Partner networks in Oz difficult to locate and stay on network ; no explanation of how to do this in handbook ; customer services talk in riddles and have a million semi-intelligible excuses, most of which lay the fault at the customers feet ; promised feeble partial credit never materialized.

All in all, utter pants.

Luckily I was only on a 6 monther. I've even handed the numbers back as prompt to tell people why I 've left three and why they should never,ever, be tempted.

Seriously, avoid unless you enjoy pain and having your wallet emptied. :mad:
  • oroc999
    oroc999 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Terrible.. Please help me ESCAPE

I've been with 3 for 18mths and had no problems untill renewal. No incentives or carrots offered to stay - no loyalty offers - stupidly stayed. 3 sent me 3 x Nokia 6500 sliders which did'nt work - apparently a KNOWN issue re compatability with network???

Numerous calls to CS.. India I assume? where I was led a merry dance, promised a working mobile and a credit to my account to cover the cost of a 2Gb memory card. Guess what? No record of this on thier call management system, although my call was logged/recorded and date stamped they REFUSED to review the call ??

Spoke with alledged CS Team Leaders/ Managers who did actually record my concerns (tokenistic), promised to investigate but NEVER bothered to call me back...whoops...... and guess what??

Eventually when I got a call-back all they could do was - ZILCHO! Told me I could NOT cancel contract and I was tied in for another year.... Her's one for you Boffins!

3 sent a letter today advising of "Some important changes".

..www.three.co.uk/billingchanges & www.three.co.uk.eBills...

Can anyone PLEASE advise me if the changes being imposed by 3 are changes to the terms & conditions of my contract??? Is this sufficient for me to start 'digging tunnels' to escape 3 and my 12 mth contract??????????
    Excuse the wordcount?? HELP and ADVICE REQUIRED URGENTLY!!!!!!!!!!
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No problem with Three at all for me and got a great deal to stay with them for another 18 months. 1100 mix and match for £20 a month - £62.50 Quidco - £60 for referring myself - new phone which i dont need so will sell for £100 + £20 accesory voucher.
    All things taken into account it will be a net cost of around £8 a month.
    I also have their mobile broadband modem at £5 a month for 1gb and coverage is very good everywhere i have tried it.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • kohlstream78
    Options
    Hi,

IU am just about to buy a 3 contract phone, wanted to do it via quidco to get the 60 odd quid, but also have a referral from a friend to gert £30 credit. Anyone know of any way to do both since both involve following a seperate link?

cheers
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Options
    There are some instructions on hotukdeals.com if you search around for Three threads.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am off 3 now and have a virgin mobile PAYG 300 txts 300 minutes for a tenner a month because i am a tv/broadband/landline customer. I have found it a LOT cheaper than 3
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • MoscowFlyer
    MoscowFlyer Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    oroc999 wrote: »
    Terrible.. Please help me ESCAPE

I've been with 3 for 18mths and had no problems untill renewal. No incentives or carrots offered to stay - no loyalty offers - stupidly stayed. 3 sent me 3 x Nokia 6500 sliders which did'nt work - apparently a KNOWN issue re compatability with network???

Numerous calls to CS.. India I assume? where I was led a merry dance, promised a working mobile and a credit to my account to cover the cost of a 2Gb memory card. Guess what? No record of this on thier call management system, although my call was logged/recorded and date stamped they REFUSED to review the call ??

Spoke with alledged CS Team Leaders/ Managers who did actually record my concerns (tokenistic), promised to investigate but NEVER bothered to call me back...whoops...... and guess what??

Eventually when I got a call-back all they could do was - ZILCHO! Told me I could NOT cancel contract and I was tied in for another year.... Her's one for you Boffins!

3 sent a letter today advising of "Some important changes".

..www.three.co.uk/billingchanges & www.three.co.uk.eBills...

Can anyone PLEASE advise me if the changes being imposed by 3 are changes to the terms & conditions of my contract??? Is this sufficient for me to start 'digging tunnels' to escape 3 and my 12 mth contract??????????
    Excuse the wordcount?? HELP and ADVICE REQUIRED URGENTLY!!!!!!!!!!

See my thread further down the board, I just cancelled my contract with them as a result of that letter they sent, even though it runs until next May.

However, I only did this due to the recent purchase of an iPhone, I've been with them for over two years and have found them to be excellent, no problems whatsoever, and it was a shame to leave.
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

IU am just about to buy a 3 contract phone, wanted to do it via quidco to get the 60 odd quid, but also have a referral from a friend to gert £30 credit. Anyone know of any way to do both since both involve following a seperate link?

cheers

I used the link for referring a friend and went all the way through to getting phone in basket ( there is also a code for a free £20 acessory voucher) . Then go to quidco and when you go to Three the items are in your basket and carry on from there, my £62.50 has tracked.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • Mark973
    Options
    Handset: Sony Ericsson W660
    Most commonly used location: West Malling Kent
    Ease and reliability and connection: Good reception
    Any other problems: I have been illegally mis-sold a second contract with 3,after they claimed I was getting an upgrade. I only discovered by checking my old phone after using registering the new one.
    3 claim that as Ive used the new phone more than once I have no chance of terminating the contract, so Ive got a year to go on two contracts £15 old plus £13 new.
    3 customer services are worse than useless, they are arrogant and inept as well.
    Overall service and rating (out of 10): 0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport