Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself.

Lovely you are making sure everyone else is okay but remember you need to make sure you are okay too

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning Hairy,

Just caught up with your diary, sending lots of love your way xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the hugs and good wishes.

Now the funeral is over life has to return to a new normal.

On Saturday, the day after the funeral, lots of family went for a long walk on Dartmoor to a place where two streams meet. My stepsister and her DH went home on Sunday morning. I was relieved in a way as she was laughing and joking a lot. It was probably to try and cheer us up, but it jarred a bit with me the day after my mum's funeral.

I totally understand how you felt about your stepsister's laughing and joking. I felt that way at the reception after my brother's funeral. It was a huge function room in a local hotel, absolutely full of people. The over-riding noise was of laughter. I felt I wanted to stand up and scream out for them to stop it:o.. Fortunately I restrained myself. On reflection I realise that everyone copes with grieving in their own way and those people had been really close to my brother for most of his life and were devastated at his death. I think they were getting through the aftermath in the best way they could by reminiscing on happy and fun times spent with him. They meant no disrespect.

Sorry to hear you've returned home to a mountain of chores but I'm a big believer in being busy in times of stress and grief. It stops the mind from dwelling on things and at the end of the day the resulting tiredness might make for sleeping well.

Hugs as ever. Thinking of you x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Take care lovely xxx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for message re card, you are most welcome. Look after yourself , as well as everyone else.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope you are doing ok Hairy Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,298 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Popping in to see how you are Hairy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Popping in to see how you are Hairy :)

Me too, beanie:beer:
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    You understandably may not have time, energy or inclination to post, but here's hoping you get a feel for the warmth and sympathy of your followers - a big virtual hug.
    Take care xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sending a big virtual hug your way, please look after yourself xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills