Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind messages. It does help.

My mum's funeral was yesterday. It was a very emotional day but a fitting tribute to her. After the church service and crematorium we went back to my mum and stepdad's garden for tea and cakes. My mum loved tea and cake.

Now I have to live the rest of my life without my lovely mum, which will be hard, but I know that all she ever wanted was for me to be happy. So I will try to live my life the way mum would have wanted me to.

Thanks for coming on here again especially after such an emotional day:A. We've missed you so much but realise that other more important things had to take precedence.

Your mum sounds a very special lady and you're blessed with lovely, precious memories of her which will stay with you forever.

Take care of yourself:kisses3:
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hugs to you HHOD, it must have been hard yesterday and then writing to us guys. Take care and make sure you do what your Mum would have wanted xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That sounds like the perfect thing for her. Much love x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,368 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind messages. It does help.

My mum's funeral was yesterday. It was a very emotional day but a fitting tribute to her. After the church service and crematorium we went back to my mum and stepdad's garden for tea and cakes. My mum loved tea and cake.

Now I have to live the rest of my life without my lovely mum, which will be hard, but I know that all she ever wanted was for me to be happy. So I will try to live my life the way mum would have wanted me to.

:love::heart::love:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,342 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hugs from me xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hugs from me xx

From me too

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    joining in that group hug
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs from me too x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    Hugs from me too xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the hugs and good wishes.

Now the funeral is over life has to return to a new normal.

On Saturday, the day after the funeral, lots of family went for a long walk on Dartmoor to a place where two streams meet. My stepsister and her DH went home on Sunday morning. I was relieved in a way as she was laughing and joking a lot. It was probably to try and cheer us up, but it jarred a bit with me the day after my mum's funeral.

Yesterday my stepdad, sister and I went for another long walk at a NT place. It was very hot but shaded by trees. My stepdad reminisced a bit about happier times with my mum. He become very depressed in the evening though and sat in the garden alone. I went out to join him after a while, and he wanted to talk so I managed to comfort him a bit.

This morning my sister goes back to Scotland so it will be his first day alone since my mum died. I've told him to pop in for coffee after dropping my sister at the coach station and we're both going to ring him tonight. I've arranged to go for a walk with him tomorrow and we'll spend tomorrow evening with him too.

This is my first full day at home for three weeks and the place is a pig sty, so I've got a full housework and laundry schedule. It's another hot day so good drying weather.

I need to take one day at a time and live the way my mum would have wanted me to.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure