TalkTalk website hit by cyber-attack

Options

Comments

• Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seems no one has had contact. Strange how they said all customers had been contacted? Hmmm.
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    According to replies on their https://twitter.com/TalkTalkCare/with_replies they are "in the process" of emailing people.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • SimonT
    SimonT Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does their inability to protect our personal details invalidate any contract we have with them? Would love to leave them now but just into a new contract. Any contract lawyers on here?
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    They say change password. I've just treid to log in. Server denied access.? Bit late for that now anyway.
  • Forex_Fred
    Options
    Dildo was on Radio 5 and a TT customer asked if he could now cancel his contract without a penalty as they have failed to protect his data and a years free credit check is a load of old pony because after a year a double of him could be created for ID fraud. She didn't answer his question as to whether he could cancel and not be charged.

Dildo is the right name for her.
  • mikeymatteo
    Options
    I heard about this through a facebook post.
    I too would like to know my rights to cancel the contract early. Having to cancel my old debit cards because TT have the details will affect all my other bills that use those cards. It also means i'll be without a card for a few days while i wait for a new one.
    The repercussions of their inability to simply encrypt my information are huge and I want out.
  • vision2009
    vision2009 Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 October 2015 at 9:30AM
    Options
    No contact from them either.
    All waffle from Dido Harding on T.V what about a refund or compensation for all this hassle?????? No i thought not.
    As a result i now have to watch my accounts for fraud, anyone could have all my personal details ect. NOT good enough T.T
    I already get the scammers from"T.T" calling me phishing.
    Its a complete shambles and T.T are not interested in their customers only the £££££££
    D.Harding we want compensation for this almighty debacle then RESIGN
    Maybe a group action against T.T is called for
    https://twitter.com/search?q=talktalk+hacked&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search
  • mikeymatteo
    Options
    Another point i saw online was...
    "So talktalk customers will be recieving an email on how to protect themselves. How do they know this email is actually from talktalk"

It is the perfect opportunity to start a phishing attempt as non IT savvy customer await an email.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    you too can have access to "noodle" for 12v mths , simple , join talk talk
  • Forex_Fred
    Options
    Another point i saw online was...
    "So talktalk customers will be recieving an email on how to protect themselves. How do they know this email is actually from talktalk"

It is the perfect opportunity to start a phishing attempt as non IT savvy customer await an email.

I was about to ask the same thing. TT share price down 10%. Thats good. I shorted them yesterday. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure