Cheap o2 Broadband: 20 Mbps Unlimited package for £5.17/month

Options

Comments

• makara
    makara Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    O2 Quidco £70 cashback offer - PREMIUM better value than Standard!
    I just wrote to Quidco to ask them if the offer of £70 cashback only applies to Standard Home (8 Meg) O2 broadband.

They advised it also applies to the Premium and Pro packages!

As the Premium and Pro packages have the first 3 months FREE...

...the Premium actually works out the same as the Standard for 12 months -

Standard =
    8-Meg speed at £7.34 for 12 months (no free months) = £88.08 Total

"Premium" package - which is 20-Meg speed for £9.79 per month - for 12 months
    - BUT THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ARE FREE - so £9.79 x 9 Months = £88.11 Total

Here is the reply from Quidco -

++++++++

Admin2008-12-31 16:25:06Hi Sateesh, thanks for your enquiry. O2 Broadband does appear to offer cashback for its Premium and Pro packages, so I have now updated their page with that information. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Kind regards, Stuart

++++++++

Thanks to Martin for his awesome tips - Sateesh.

========

MSE_Martin wrote: »

30 December 2008
    • Lots of sites offer cashback, but only Quidco is offering the full £70 (always check that's the amount you get, it can change). If you don't already then its free, but Quidco takes the first £5 you earn each year as its admin charge. So if this is the only cashback you earn all year, the total will be £65
  • halil
    halil Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    i'm on ukonline and want to sign up with the offer, but i dont have a mac code, as UKO are only open from 8-8 and not open tommorow, can i still join if i dont have a mac code?
  • makara
    makara Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    halil wrote: »
    i'm on ukonline and want to sign up with the offer, but i dont have a mac code, as UKO are only open from 8-8 and not open tommorow, can i still join if i dont have a mac code?

YES - I asked O2 about this, and they explicitly state you can sign up now - and then give them the Mac code later.

(P.S. - although you can sign up now - O2 cannot start the PROCESS of activating you until you give them the MAC Code - but yes, you can sign up now - as mentioned in my above post, if you go for the Premium (not Pro) package (20 Meg)- it works out to exactly the same as 12 months of the 8 meg package - well, 3 pence more over a Year, but who's counting :-) )

I got my MAC code from Sky immediately - signed up with O2 today, and have been given a "Go Live" date of 9th January.

It seems MAC porting and PAC porting are getting faster and faster - when I wanted to take one of my O2 Mobiles to ASDA PAYG, the PAC process took 2 or 3 days from what I remember!
  • saintalan
    saintalan Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    The OP says this expires on Jan 9. I cant see anywhere on Quidco where this shows.

Alan
  • s1mon_2
    s1mon_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I see that you can add your MAC code after signing up, does anyone know if you can add your o2 phone number as well to get the cheaper monthly rate? :confused:

Looking at the o2 free sims webpage, they can take up to 28 days to be delivered, and they need activating, which means is won't be useable until after the 9th January deadline.

TIA
  • saintalan
    Options
    s1mon wrote: »
    ...which means is won't be useable until after the 9th January deadline.

TIA

Simon Hi, other than in the original post have you actually seen there is a deadline, I cant see it!

Cheers

Alan
  • sarah424_2
    Options
    We are currently with Virgin media so do not have a 'BT' phone line. Is it complicated and expensive to change back to a BT phone line?:rolleyes:
  • saintalan
    Options
    sarah424 wrote: »
    We are currently with Virgin media so do not have a 'BT' phone line. Is it complicated and expensive to change back to a BT phone line?:rolleyes:

Normally BT have deals on to get Cable customers back, so have a root around here or on BT.

Good Luck

Alan
  • Rogerb_2
    Rogerb_2 Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    sarah424 wrote: »

Never had a problem with virgin bb via cable and we always get the 2 meg speed advertised. From observation bb through bt lines tends to be less predictable.

We recently had bt offer to take us back for £30 phone line instead of about another £100 normally. Virgin phone calls seem expensive so bt must be cheaper, and when my mother changed back a couple of years ago she organised it herself, and it was very straight forward.
  • halil
    halil Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    right ive signed up, but one final question (promise)
    i signed up using my bro's o2 contract number, but if finishes in 3 weeks time. So the price would go back to 12.83 or what ever it is, if i was to get a o2 contract or payg sim, could i still get teh price back down to 7.38 or what ever it is ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure