PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't put yourself down love, it took quite a measure of 'guts' to pick up the phone and make that call, most folks wouldn't have been able to do it for any number of reasons so close to the upset, me included. You're not needy, we're your friends, we're your support network in times of adversity, we do it for any of our bunch of friends and we do it willingly because we care about each other as individuals and as a group. We wouldn't have lasted amicably for such a lovely long time if we weren't the folks we are and prepared to give backing and hugs when they're needed. It's such a comforting thread this one and we all need a place to be soothed and take comfort when we need it and give it the rest of the time. Chin up chicken, you're OK xxx.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Fuds I think Lyn has got it spot on in her post . There have been many times a few kind or supportive words here have helped me . I suspect it's the same for many of us . I'm glad things are calmer health wise now . Just keep being you and you'll be fine .

I'm still trying to get over this virus so haven't been online much . Two long days tomorrow and Friday and then hopefully a bit of healing time before that long overdue appointment next Wednesday with DDs main Rheumo consultant . I need all my ducks in a row and my timeline bullet list with a hefty dose of patience to establish whether we can rely on phoning for advice in future or will be left with the damage caused by the wrong response to my call last summer . TBH our gp was left to deal with the problem all the way to 2 bouts of surgery so he'll be our first port of call in future.
    I expect my input to be dismissed but need to say it . Ratings now are very poor now for that dept , ratings were excellent when DD first went there so something isn't working .

Take care all . Hope some at least have seen the sun .

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • florain
    Options
    Fuddle, not sure what you are eating(or not!), but you might be interested in Grains and pulses from - hodmedods.co.uk. Lots of recipes and a good blog as well.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fuddle - stress is responsible for a lot of our ills. Anything you can do to maintain a calm and happy home will go a long way to keeping everyone well, you included. I think you have discovered the Marie Kondo secret - in times of trouble, turn out your drawers!!!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hmm, that was an interesting night weather-wise! I hope everyone is ok and that none of you were affected by the flooding xx
  • Fine here in Hampshire, wild, wet and windy last night but no damage just things blown all over the garden which have now been collected and replaced. Beautiful sunny day out there this morning with a stiff little breeze blowing but it's dry!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All ok here in East Anglia, the bird table took a tumble and a few of the small, plastic garden pots that had tucked beside the shed decided to redistribute themselves around the garden but that's it.
    Beautiful day here now, still breezy but with blue skies and sunshine.
    Think Lyn very neatly hit the nail on the head when she said that we all need to be soothed and take comfort at times, this thread is a gentle, supportive place to be, long may it last.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Constant rain here yesterday turned the local park really boggy. My DS suggested we take the dog for a walk this afternoon (she had already been out this morning) so off we went, leaving OH to fight with our internet router (playing silly beggars today).

Arriving home, Molly the collie was filthy so I mentioned giving her a shower. DS volunteered to do it in the bathroom. I helped him set everything up - towels on floor, shampoo and brushes ready. I strongly advised him to strip down to his underwear (I have done this before, you see). He didn’t bother. Result - mud off dog and on DS as well as all over bathroom. Dog is now silky soft and sweet smelling, DS is currently in the bathroom returning it to pristine hotel standard. Might see him sometime tomorrow......
    One life - your life - live it!
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Had a few days in London this week. Was out and about with some friends from work last night. We had a great time but couldn't believe the weather when we left the restaurant. The wind was utterly howling and all the leaves were whipping round our ears. It wasn't the best idea to have applied some glossy lipstick before we left the restaurant. I have long hair which was attached to my face within seconds. Not a sophisticated look at all :D

So I'm back home now, much calmer here even if it is a bit colder.

Off to have a relaxing sup of tea and empty my luggage. Will be back soon.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh my but it's cold outside! 0.2 according to the weather station but it's beautiful with silver frost on the lawns and an eggshell pale sky full of wintery sunshine just turning the tops of the silver birches golden as it reaches over the house, a day to wrap up warm and go for a walk!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure