TSB Cashback failure update 170518

Options
12345679»

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £5 cash back added today. Only spent £485 last month, last purchase previous month was well before the end of the month so nothing to carry forward !
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This one is correctly labelled as “final” cashback. I shall be calling TSB first thing tomorrow to close my account now my balance is zero.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    So far I have a May Statement that I can view a link to a June Statement which doesn't do anything and no other statements. Previous statements (except for April) were viewed but not downloaded before everything went wrong. I've never seen an April statement although they did take full DD for this. Waiting on final cashback payment. Card no longer being used.

Probably posted elsewhere, but here goes.
    When I click on the Statements Tab I see:
    July
    June
    May
    April
    March
    January

Yes - February didn't happen this year!

Only the links for May work.
    There are two functions that the website uses to dish out PDF statements:
    One that collects a list of available statements, from which the webpage displays a list you can select from, and a second function which serves up the requested statement. The first function is serving up links which have a different format: Jan/Mar/Apr have one format ("migrated"), May has another, and June/July have yet another.

Given that May works, you would have thought that this would have lead them to a solution which would have quickly resulted in June and July statements working. (Either fix the getstatementlist function to stop it spouting crap, or fix the getstatement function to make it ignore the crap which is making it choke). This appears to be beyond them.

Either they are incompetent (can't identify the source of the problem), or
    poorly managed ("Don't work on that, work on this instead").

Or maybe IBM are milking Sabadell for every penny trying to identify every single last fault before they start to fix anything.
    It's like having a patient come into A&E and taking 2 hours documenting every last bruise and scratch, while in the meantime the patient is turning blue, struggling to breath...
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    £5 cash back added today. Only spent £485 last month, last purchase previous month was well before the end of the month so nothing to carry forward !

£5 credited for £500 June spend.

Still no sign of the difference between cashback paid (£4.66) vs cashback due for the £500 spend in May.

One more repayment, and when I get a proper copy of my June, July and August statements, and compensation for the time I've wasted speaking to TSB, and time/effort I had to waste visiting my own bank due to their statement/DD cockups, that will be the end of the TSB credit card.

I doubt that they will be making any kind of loyalty offer, and in any case I reckon that most of their credit card holders will have taken their business elsewhere by the end of August.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    My final £5 was also paid yesterday, going to pay the final June CC bill just before the due date and then wait for July's bank account interest to be paid, hopefully first week of August then off elsewhere, already have other CC's so a new bank account beckons.

Have made four complainants, two in May, one in June and one July, and still not one reply.
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    My cashback has been credited but is £1 short. Complaint submitted, since I can't be bother to spend my time queuing for ages on the phone.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    My cashbank is way short.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RedRuby_2
    Options
    Has the cashback on this credit card finished?

I've been consistently spending £500 on mine and I haven't received any cashback for the past few months.

The only way to complain is to ring and I tried that and there was a long wait so I gave up. I still haven't heard back from my complaints over the IT mess so I'm a bit confused as to which method is best to get a quick answer.

I may end up having to go to a branch.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    RedRuby wrote: »
    Has the cashback on this credit card finished?

I've been consistently spending £500 on mine and I haven't received any cashback for the past few months.

The only way to complain is to ring and I tried that and there was a long wait so I gave up. I still haven't heard back from my complaints over the IT mess so I'm a bit confused as to which method is best to get a quick answer.

I may end up having to go to a branch.

The cashback finished a while ago.
    It was maybe June but not 100% sure.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pochisoldi
    Options
    Finished in June for me (card taken out July 2016, with cashback until March 2018, which was later extended some time in 2017 to June 2018).

PochiSoldi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport