PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today...

Options
Carribean chicken and it smells gorgeous. Can post the recipe if anyone needs it but its the one in the MR instruction book that comes with the slow cooker. What would you serve with it, rice?
“A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey

Comments

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    D'ya know, I'd completely forgotten they put recipes in the booklet :rolleyes:

I've just dug it out (thanks for the reminder!) and I reckon, judging by the list of ingredients, it would go very well with rice or couscous. It looks yummy so I might give this a try myself soon :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We are not using the slow cooker today - having stuffed mushrooms, quiche (for those who will not eat mushroom) and a large salad.

Tomorrow hubby is getting liver and onions done in slow cooker.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    What can I do with pork chops in a slow cooker?
  • AAngel_3
    AAngel_3 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Yum, the carabbian chicken sounds good, can I have the recipe please! I've just started using my slow cooker again today. Its steak and kidney pie for tea with the filling done in the slow cooker.
    Nic
    Aug GC £300 / £8.89
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Halloween Queen

I did pork chops in slow cooker with garlic and 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and thinlly sliced onion - it was very nice :):):)
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Washing-up liquid and water :)

Been out today so it'll get scrubbed when kids back from school. Have some big chicken legs iin freezer - will try them tomorrow. Must look in book - cos Caribbean chicken sounds loverly. Guess eveyone will be eating the same again this week :grin:
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Sounds good!! Do you put any other liquid in? Any ideas with what I can do with campbells condensed soups and the chops in a slow cooker - there were some good offers and I have a glut of tins now :D
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    I have stewing steak (couldnt' be bothered cubing it so I slapped it in hole and will trim it into 4 pieces when cooked) added sliced potatoes, chicken stock, tomato puree, white pepper and some mixed herbs (fingers X'd)
    The bread has just come out of the bread machine so we'll have a rustic "casserole mopped up with bread" meal. I shall reserve the leftovers before I serve it so I can make a steak and veg pie for tomorrow's meal ;)

I have some natural yogurt and a tin of cherries (bought cheap due to dent) for dessert
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tonight's tea is the 4 pork chops I bought for 80p today, chopped fried onions and peppers mixed with a can of Campbells condensed mushroom soup topped with a crumble topping made of breadcrumbs and sage and onion stuffing mix. All served up with baked potatoes.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sheesh - we're all on with the Campbells soups tonight - just cooked a tomato one up with extra toms, onion and cream cheese to pour over pasta.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure