12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Had my 16 week appt with MW today, all was fine, got to hear heartbeat :). She didn't weigh me though, is that right? I though I would be weighed.
    good_vibes wrote: »
    No Bump here just still looks like I had a good Christmas.

:rotfl: same here! Got a bit fed up last week that I just look fat (I am fat, but now look fatter!).

I had some horrible news last night, my cat Rupert died :(. Not sure why/how, but my neighbour found him in the alley between our houses, he was only 2.5years old. I was devastated and couldn't do anything. I couldn't get hold of my OH so rung my parents in flood of tears. Keep hyperventilating, so they got worried but I managed to calm myself down. Finally got hold of OH and had to tell him, on his birthday too :( felt so bad but he was worried something was wrong with me or baby so I had to tell him on phone. He came home and has placed him in a box in garage and my Dad will collect him to be buried in their garden today. I cried pretty much all night, and at the MW this morning. No idea how we are going to tell OH's children (they spend 2nd half of week with us).
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    I'm 16 weeks + and all the weight seems to be gathering on my boobs and my tummy area! I have a little bump - definitely look a bit fat :D
    I'll be wearing a bikini at the weekend at the pool, tried on all the swimsuits I have and I've only one swim suit that looks okay and the boobs aren't like hello!

Next appointment is in 10 days and I'm so impatient for the scan to come around and see everything and find out the sex. Saying my prayers that everything is okay.

Been a little bit gassy lately, it's so annoying!
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Flutter. That must've been quite a shock, and very upsetting! (HUGS)

I'm glad you're 16w apt went well though. I didn't get weighed then either. I'm not sure when/if they weigh you again now unless there's a problem/a lot of weight gain. Maybe pigpen can shed some light?
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Flutter.. I have never been weighed at any appointment other than booking appointments.. do you really want to know you are getting heavier?? lol .. I should add I havent had any antenatal appointments with the last 5 of my children either.

ooh yeah.. scan appointment.. best find the letter because I have no idea when it is other than 'next week' .. I don't know which level of Hell my notes have been banished to either.. I dont really care either tbh.. might see if they turn up while letter hunting..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Oh ok then, I read in my book (given to me by MW) that you get weighed at 16wks. I have scales at home so I can weigh myself if I'm brave enough!! :P

Thanks euronorris, it was (is) horrible.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Oh ok then, I read in my book (given to me by MW) that you get weighed at 16wks. I have scales at home so I can weigh myself if I'm brave enough!! :P

Thanks euronorris, it was (is) horrible.

Sorry about your cat flutter, hope that your okay.

I'm abroad and I get weighed in at every appointment. It's like !!!!ing weightwatchers. And I can't 'skip' anti natal appointments cos the hospital then won't allow you to give birth if they don't have a proper medical record :eek: And this one has best Ob so not really my choice!
  • pigpen
    Options
    tatabubbly wrote: »
    Sorry about your cat flutter, hope that your okay.

I'm abroad and I get weighed in at every appointment. It's like !!!!ing weightwatchers. And I can't 'skip' anti natal appointments cos the hospital then won't allow you to give birth if they don't have a proper medical record :eek: And this one has best Ob so not really my choice!

what about those who dont find out until theyy are in labour or 20+ weeks (my daughters friend just found out she was pg went for booking scan and is 24 weeks!

they cant ethically enforce that unless it is private .. I do not believe it is possible to deny a labouring woman access to care in most of the developed countries either it is covered under parts of the Bill of Human Rights afaik.

All medical 'care' is optional.. you cannot be forced to submit under duress.. there is always a choice. How many people are actually delivered by an Ob? unless it is a theatre outing you get a midwife.. 2 if you're lucky (there are supposed to be 2)
  • pigpen
    Options
    I did however locate the notes but not the scan letter.. but it is wednesday 1:30.. I told OH 1pm because he is late for everything and it pees me off!
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    what about those who dont find out until theyy are in labour or 20+ weeks (my daughters friend just found out she was pg went for booking scan and is 24 weeks!

they cant ethically enforce that unless it is private .. I do not believe it is possible to deny a labouring woman access to care in most of the developed countries either it is covered under parts of the Bill of Human Rights afaik.

All medical 'care' is optional.. you cannot be forced to submit under duress.. there is always a choice. How many people are actually delivered by an Ob? unless it is a theatre outing you get a midwife.. 2 if you're lucky (there are supposed to be 2)

I live in a Muslim country so that probably doesn't happen very often. Care here is all private, there are small maternity public units but hey arent suitable for myself as I'd like my husband to be present so we have to go with what we have.

This hospital is the only one where if you need a c section your husband is present and also allowed to be there if you give birth. Yes, all the births are attended by an OB - you have midwives during the initial stages but babies are all (I'd say majority) delivered by OBs as far as I know.
    My OB is a lovely lady but as she is busy it's been made clear to me that I must attend my appointments, I have power to say no to certain interventions etc but it's vital that I attend for my sake and the babies. :cool:

I don't have much choice but at the same time, why skip appointments? It seems counter productive, I know of a few people here who have been 'denied' treatment for various reasons but not for example while labouring/delivering - that would be barbaric! :eek:

Middle East is a funny place to give birth, not ideal but you do what you have to do. At least I'm married, that's all I can say!
  • pigpen
    edited 10 February 2016 at 7:26PM
    Options
    Well my experience here says they are an utter waste of mine and their time.. they use scare tactics to force people to bend to their will, none of their 'evidence' can be factually backed up (I have asked!) I won't be bullied by anyone and the staff here have severe God complexes and treat you like a lump of meat.. it is absolutely disgusting. The worst thing is a few years ago there were so many mums traumatised by their deliveries they had to set up a support group and counsellors to deal with it.. it shouldn't be like that at all.. it should be a happy time not one where you are frightened out of your wits by uncaring, aggressive, rude staff and bullied into things you are not comfortable with or have explained to you.

With one of mine they were so hysterical about a non-dangerous level of antibodies and a slightly low Hb that they ignored me saying I had a UTI, then a kidney infection and I ended up with kidney failure and the beginnings of liver failure.. so if they don't listen anyway when there is something wrong.. what is the point? I spent 4 months unable to leave the house because my PGP was so bad I couldn't go anywhere.. 3 physio referrals were ignored.

A midwife told me with my 10th that 'peoples waters don't break before 37 weeks' .. at which point I lost my cool, had a rant, put my notes in the bin.. all 4 folders.. and left the hospital.. my waters break anytime after 30 weeks which had they even bothered to read my notes they would know that. Ignorant and lazy staff. They might WISH they didn't break before 37 weeks, but sometimes they do!

The hospital here is filthy, the staff are horrid and cruel .. bar the odd one or two and the consultants just treat you like filth.. if they were at least vaguely accepting of the fact we are in fact people the support and counselling offered wouldn't be necessary.. I am utterly disgusted that it is!! I was diagnosed with PTSD after having my 15 and 11 year olds.. this is an indicator of how bad it is here. One of the midwives said they wanted my 11 year old to die!!

Maybe I should come stay with you ... though, not being married they might not be too impressed with me ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business