PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

My Flat Won't Sell

Options

Comments

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As mentioned above, I think you need to get an answer ready about the cladding (and annexe it to the Home Report if it clears the matter up) - we've had other threads here from purchasers who have got stuck in satisfying lenders about cladding.
  • edgex
    edgex Posts: 4,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is the feel your aiming for;
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=78564350&sale=20579371&country=scotland

See how the rooms are obviously lived in, there's furniture, there's soft furnishings, etc. Prospective buyers can see themselves living there.
  • squiggle888
    Options
    I've asked the factors about the cladding. They haven't got back to me yet.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Everyone is waiting, anticipating a crash due to brexit or at least a stamp duty cut.
  • CheBee
    CheBee Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (I am currently looking to buy a flat in SW London. I must say, it is a beautiful place and I would consider it if it was in my area. I am not sure of the price but it does seem costly. I know in SW London things are VERY quiet at the moment!!!)
    Single, FTB -- Property purchased Aug 2019 -- 'Save £12k in 20xx' -- Total Saved: xxk
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Everyone is waiting, anticipating a crash due to brexit or at least a stamp duty cut.
    You think the Scottish Government would cut LBTT to fall into line with any cut made by Boris to SDLT?
  • squiggle888
    Options
    Well looking at the initial planning permission bid (search for western harbour terrace cladding on google - still no linkeys for me) it looks like they used zinc cladding - thank goodness! "A combination of white render, reconstituted stone and zinc cladding panels is applied above." - still to hear back from factor though. Apparently it's aluminium panels that cause the issue.
  • squiggle888
    Options
    edgex wrote: »
    The things that can be fixed are things that you & your agent can
    Do you have any other furniture or soft furnishings?
    I can certainly "borrow" some. What do you suggest?
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options

Start with a few bright cushions on the sofa, think Primani, small table and chairs for the balcony ( not white plastic ) try Argos or large supermarkets.

a cheap plant in the bathroom.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • edgex
    edgex Posts: 4,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Start with a few bright cushions on the sofa, think Primani, small table and chairs for the balcony ( not white plastic ) try Argos or large supermarkets.

a cheap plant in the bathroom.

As above. That sofa needs some cushions. Floor could have a rug.

Take the spread out of the second bedroom & hang it behind the bed in the main bedroom (same wall as door, because you'll have moved the bed)

Bathrooms need softening & looking like they're used. So bathmats, mirror etc. Main bathroom get a tall coloured vase & dried flowers to go above the toilet. The white wall needs breaking up.

Take down those small pictures, they just dont work. (are the 2 in the bedroom a theme, flowers?. If so, put them both together)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure