Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did a new price comparison, and Eversmart is showing as £23 more expensive compared to YE's Green Butterfly (where do they come up with these names).
  • aris
    Options
    bri160356 wrote: »
    I've not seen Green Butterfly anywhere;...which site did it come up on?

It is Yorkshire energy but no longer available. I signed up for it end of July.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    aris wrote: »
    It is Yorkshire energy but no longer available. I signed up for it end of July.

I see;...sorry,...I thought you meant it was a brand new YE tariff that had suddenly popped up :doh:;

...little value in you looking for a new tariff any time soon then. :)
  • aris
    Options
    Never say never. This YE tariff was so good that my initial thoughts were that YE was punting hard for new customers with low or no margin. It is not out of the question that the next aspiring energy company does something similar. At least I'm locked in for the next 12 months.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Yorkshire Energy’s latest Green Puffin fixed tariff is still nowhere to be seen on MSE’s comparison site,…have they fallen out? :mad:

Updating all the comparison sites with new tariff info can sometimes take a day or so but the Green Puffin tariff has been on Uswitch and Citizens Advice comparison sites for a while now.
  • aris
    Options
    Is there a way to tag an MSE to find out more?

@MSE Andrew
  • JohnAdams
    Options
    I opted for a switch to Yorkshire Energy just 3 days ago because their Green Seahorse 12-months fixed rate zero fees tariff was coming up as just about the cheapest fixed zero fees tariff on MSE.

However, I’ve just discovered that Eversmart’s ‘Welcome Home’ tariff is really a fixed rate zero fees tariff and not a variable tariff as shown on MSE’s (and Uswitch) comparison site.

My proposed switch to Yorks.Energy will cost me £1310/year;…a switch to Eversmart is £1198/year,… so it’s £112/year cheaper which is not a bad saving is it?

However, Eversmart’s feedback has to be described as ‘mixed’ to say the least;…but it’s feedback nonetheless.

Yorks.Energy are too new for any feedback, good or bad, to be majorly significant; IMHO, of course.

I spoke to Eversmart this morning and had a slightly confusing conversation with them about their ‘Welcome Home’ tariff conundrum and I’ve posted a few more details on the Eversmart feedback thread, for anyone remotely interested.:)

From what i have read on their website, Eversmart install a smart meter and automatically switch you to prepayment! They don't make a song and dance about it but under "what payment options do i have?" it only states topping up.

Whilst fixed for 12 months, at the end of it you will have a prepayment meter and i doubt they would have any issues about having their new tariffs at the pre payment price cap level?
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JohnAdams wrote: »
    From what i have read on their website, Eversmart install a smart meter and automatically switch you to prepayment! They don't make a song and dance about it but under "what payment options do i have?" it only states topping up.

Whilst fixed for 12 months, at the end of it you will have a prepayment meter and i doubt they would have any issues about having their new tariffs at the pre payment price cap level?

Just got a quote off their website. I said I currently pay by DD.
    (They offered 3 options; Prepay, DD or paper bill)

This is the tariff I was offered:

Your tariff information

Tariff Namee:
    Welcome Home

Tariff Type:
    Fixed

Payment Method:
    Direct Debit

Exit Fees:
    None
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yorkshire Energy’s latest Green Puffin fixed tariff is still nowhere to be seen on MSE’s comparison site,…have they fallen out? :mad:

Updating all the comparison sites with new tariff info can sometimes take a day or so but the Green Puffin tariff has been on Uswitch and Citizens Advice comparison sites for a while now.

It's on there now, but you have to go a long way down to find it: it's about an 8% increase. Too much for me, I'm looking at Eversmart.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • adsk
    adsk Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    My experience so far. Signed up for Green Butterfly on 6 August. Today I've had an email with a link for me to register and send meter readings. YE are still estimating a supply start date of 27 August.

When I signed up they were one of the cheapest fixed deals. There were cheaper variable tarifs from other suppliers but I expected (correctly) that prices were on the way up. I was with Flow for a couple of years but their prices are no longer competitive.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback