Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: Hi BB.. Lovely to hear from you with an update, you sound like your really enjoying life and its very pleasing to hear..:heart2:

I see BB and CBC have been chatting away in my absence! I too have most of my debts sold on and have received letters suggesting I contact them to discuss a reduced final payment.. but although I could probably afford it with my savings in the bank.. they are all allocated and will start diminishing in the next few months as I start to pay for dd's year abroad.. ho hum..... F & F's for me will have to wait until after 2020....;/.

I have got a payrise though which is nice.... small but nice....!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    To be honest it's only the debts that have full on been bought by a 3rd party that offer the F&Fs we have 2 of these and they send them every few months. They drop slightly each time so will eventually play ball. Those just managed on behalf of the original do nothing. Although got notification recently that PRAt Group have full on bought my Barclaycard debt (one of the bigger ones) so hopefull they will deal eventually too. But PRA at not known for good offers.

It's all a game remember ;) DCA Bluff

PRA Group have just written to me offering a 65% discount on a debt I have with them which I thought was pretty good. I've been paying them £5 a month for 2 years. Hopefully they'll do a good deal with you too :)

Puzzcat sorry for barging in here!
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    I see BB and CBC have been chatting away in my absence!

Love Puzz. x

Oops! Sorry for hijacking:o

Congratulations on the pay rise:j:beer:. Although you say it's only small, every little helps as Mr T was always telling us;)
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Oops! Sorry for hijacking:o

Congratulations on the pay rise:j:beer:. Although you say it's only small, every little helps as Mr T was always telling us;)

CBC, you know I am happy to be hijacked by you anytime. xx
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Sunday... been up since 6.30...:eek: Although I didn't wake up until 9.30 yesterday so all fair I guess.....

Have been doing money matters this morning.. refixed our mortgage for a 2 year one.. that will coincide in theory with dd finishing uni and who knows what will be doing then.....!!!

Monthly charge goes down by £45... not over paying, I am going to save this towards dd's graduation.. that's bound to cost money.. and over 2 years that will be over £1k....

I am leaving my house insurance the same this time, although as per its gone up from last year and for all the faff of starting a new one.. the cheapest at a glance is only £12 cheaper before I start adding things to it.. so I am taking the relaxed approach on that one this year...

Still no confirmation from cabot that they want my money.. guess they will get round to it sometime soon... come on guys your missing out on my £5 payment...!!

DD nearing the end of the year now, 3 essays to be in before the bank holiday.... and yep she's in bed..... but has been visiting the library so will hopefully get it all done, then she can come home... then just the one exam mid june..

Plans for year abroad taking shape, just need exact dates please nice uni let me know....

Still doing my £1 a day pot, no longer need it for dd's buses so am now putting it towards my friends big birthday do in September then will start saving it for something else no doubt...!!!

Right sun is shining, I need to pop to the shops, just got to decide when and which one's to go to.... and try not to spend too many pennies..

Results day for LF tomorrow, strange how both my oldies go so quiet after a fortnight of my relative staying.. its as if I have fallen off the planet or flown off with her.... never mind I am sure they will be in touch when they need/want/miss ? me......

That's all folks, busy working week planned so may be quieter than usual on here...

Puzz, x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Fingers crossed for LF
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fingers crossed for LF

From me too. Must be a worrying time for all of you. The wait is often the worst part.
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Fingers crossed for LF
    From me too. Must be a worrying time for all of you. The wait is often the worst part.

Thank you to you both for your good wishes, unfortunately nothing conclusive to report more blood tests to be had.. so we wait some more.....

xx
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Money Matters....:T

Forgot to mention that when fixing my mortgage yesterday they pay an incentive of £100 to stay with them...:T (like I have a choice anyway...!)

Also received a letter today about my loan that is in my dmp.. appears they did something wrong and owe me £138 which will come off my debt.. its the little things that count..!

So debt today down to...

£27269.76...:D

Love puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Money Matters....:T

Forgot to mention that when fixing my mortgage yesterday they pay an incentive of £100 to stay with them...:T (like I have a choice anyway...!)

Also received a letter today about my loan that is in my dmp.. appears they did something wrong and owe me £138 which will come off my debt.. its the little things that count..!

So debt today down to...

£27269.76...:D

Love puzz. x

Great news all round then:T:j. It's always nice to get something back:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills