Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 19 March 2018 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Morning Puzz,
    Fab news on your debt :T -
    and well done on your weight and walking:T
    cheering on as always
    NOAh
    x

More cheers from me too:j:beer:

Been a very spendy week:( as it was my brother's funeral last Wednesday. Involved very long train journeys, taxis, overnight hotel stay, flowers, a gorgeous 'new to me' warm coat (absolute bargain, £14.50 from charity shop, looks 'as new', still had dry cleaning ticket attached:j), new shoes (sadly not a charity shop buy as I've got 'funny' feet:() and a haircut:eek:.

As I'm still paying a token £1 to each of my 5 creditors I could afford it without needing to dip into my F&F Fighting Fund:j. Won't be adding to that this month but in my pre self-managed DMP days I'd have been in a total panic about how I was going to cover all those costs:o

I'm determined to be debt free by the time Big Ben strikes to announce 2019. Probably being very optimistic/stupid to think it's going to be possible:o but it's something to aim for and will really keep me motivated;)

Have a good week, Puzz:beer:
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: to Noah and cbc..

Happy Monday again.... but a half day for me so I have only just started working.. of sorts... well I am being picked up at 2.30 so don't even need to defrost my car...:D

SNow.. what's that all about....:eek: Luckily not to much and it should all be thawed by tomorrow so normal life can be resumed again... spoilt my weekend plans of getting some work done, hey ho.. there's always next weekend.... i did have a nice evening out on Friday and part paid my share with a gift voucher so saved me £20.. BFF and I met for a cheeky cocktail first and it was free as I know the owner... very :money:

Not a lot to report.. middle of month so running low on money as usual... but I am sure I will manage.... dd back Friday for 2 weeks so no doubt my spends will go up...

Thanks for the cheers on the weight loss/walking. unfortunately that hasn't continued due to my accident last Monday.. poor toe hurt till about Thursday and then I was too lazy to get going again.. I shall try tonight to start the week off on the right foot..!

Right best get on with what I am paid for I suppose..:rotfl:

Much Love
    Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :j:j It's the weekend...

Really busy day yesterday and am quite shattered today, 8 visits achieved and I hoovered the house so I wouldn't have to do it this morning.... off out to do a couple of o/t visits this afternoon to net a few pennies for one of my many pots...!

Payslip out for next Thursday and I got paid my o/t visit for last month so after tax £22 to be allocated somewhere.. possibly either my hotel pot for dd as I have booked one for a night she is in town at a concert with the mad friend.. may not be needed if OH works and can bring them home but I am saving for it anyway and only need another £70ish for that or it will go into my BFF holiday pot for our October holiday...will decide on Thursday..

New bills in for c.tax and water, all gone up as usual but only about £8 a month so I am sure that will be fine..

DD home now for easter, already eating me out of house and home... an expensive fortnight coming up....

Have about £100 left to last till payday and I would like to have some left for savings but we shall see...

Managed 1 walk this week.. :o Puzz has got a little lazy.. doubt there will be a weight loss this month.. probably a gain...:eek:

Last financial week of the year at work so busy time planned, then of course we have the bank holiday weekend.. I may sneak in another o/t visit whilst its being offered...

Right washing machine is beeping at me so best get the next load in and clean the bathroom.. oh the joys of a weekend...!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 24 March 2018 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Money never hangs around for long does it?:(. There's always something or other to prise it off us.

For once I'm having a spend-free week:j. Good thing too after the big expenses I had for my brother's funeral. I was thinking last week when I was spending more on myself in a few days than I normally do in a whole year that I mustn't become reliant on the credit card ever again. It was a godsend this time and I'll be paying it off in full at the statement date but it's reminded me how easy it is to fall into the trap of spending money that isn't really mine. This is a 'repair your credit file' type of card but I fear I haven't really learned my lesson:o. My Full and Final Pot won't be getting anything added this month but I want to clear the card balance in full so I don't incur any interest, especially at the exorbitant rate they charge for people like us:eek:

The reason I'm having a no-spend week is because OH has a terrible cold. He's the world's worst patient ('patient' being totally the wrong word for him:rotfl:) but, happily for me if not him, he completely lost his voice for 4 days. I didn't have to listen to him grumbling:j. He hasn't eaten anything but soup and ice cream since Monday, both of which I had in without needing to go shopping. He can eat for England normally so I must have saved a packet:T

He's just croaked at me that he feels a bit better today and might be able to manage a proper meal tonight:eek:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Money never hangs around for long does it?:(. There's always something or other to prise it off us.

For once I'm having a spend-free week:j. Good thing too after the big expenses I had for my brother's funeral. I was thinking last week when I was spending more on myself in a few days than I normally do in a whole year that I mustn't become reliant on the credit card ever again. It was a godsend this time and I'll be paying it off in full at the statement date but it's reminded me how easy it is to fall into the trap of spending money that isn't really mine. This is a 'repair your credit file' type of card but I fear I haven't really learned my lesson:o. My Full and Final Pot won't be getting anything added this month but I want to clear the card balance in full so I don't incur any interest, especially at the exorbitant rate they charge for people like us:eek:

The reason I'm having a no-spend week is because OH has a terrible cold. He's the world's worst patient ('patient' being totally the wrong word for him:rotfl:) but, happily for me if not him, he completely lost his voice for 4 days. I didn't have to listen to him grumbling:j. He hasn't eaten anything but soup and ice cream since Monday, both of which I had in without needing to go shopping. He can eat for England normally so I must have saved a packet:T

He's just croaked at me that he feels a bit better today and might be able to manage a proper meal tonight:eek:

Didn't realise you could actually get one of those credit cards while you were still paying debts. Always thought you had to pay off your debts first and then apply for one to help boost your rating back up? Does it really work? Has yours gone up much while you've had it?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Didn't realise you could actually get one of those credit cards while you were still paying debts. Always thought you had to pay off your debts first and then apply for one to help boost your rating back up? Does it really work? Has yours gone up much while you've had it?

Sadly no, my rating has gone down very slightly:eek:. That may be because it looks as if I now have more credit available, even though I'm not using it, or because I've been paying token payments on my DMP for the past 8 months:think:.

The credit card company upped my credit limit from £500 to £1000 after about a year because of the exemplary way I conducted my account. That can't be a bad thing can it? The fact they think I'm a 'good' borrower I mean;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sadly no, my rating has gone down very slightly:eek:. That may be because it looks as if I now have more credit available, even though I'm not using it, or because I've been paying token payments on my DMP for the past 8 months:think:.

The credit card company upped my credit limit from £500 to £1000 after about a year because of the exemplary way I conducted my account. That can't be a bad thing can it? The fact they think I'm a 'good' borrower I mean;)

Ploppy, just wanted to add that I think I may have confused you by my earlier mention of a 'credit file repairing' credit card. I think such a thing exists:think: but mine is just a card for people with a poor credit history. I was on Noddle or Clearscore and a list of cards came up that I would be 100% likely to be accepted for:j. The interest rate is horrendous:mad: but as I intended to just spend a very small amount and repay in full every month I wouldn't have to pay any interest. It wouldn't matter even if it had been 1000%:rotfl:. I hoped my managing of my finances would stand me in good stead for the future especially when the defaulted accounts start to disappear from my credit file next year. By then I'll have built up a good reputation for paying what debts I still have. There's a method in my madness;)
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :easter:

A lovely 4 days off.... I finally woke up properly at 9.20 this morning.. must of needed the sleep.... makes the day a little short mind as its already lunchtime and other than banking I haven't achieved anything...

Payday, came and went and I am poor again.... No idea why I have even less money than usual when I even got paid my overtime... The inclusion of the council tax and water again loses me £210 a month... ho hum, back to careful spending for puzz... all potting done and my savings are looking very healthy indeed, shame they are all accounted for....

I have 2 months of £1 a day to bank next week so that will top up the girls hotel fund as my overtime seems to have vanished into the pit of bills...

I have done no walking at all.... I really couldn't get back in the mindset this month but will start again on Sunday for the new month.... weighed in today as the same as end of last month so that's an achievement... so still 7lb down from the new year.. come on puzz more effort needed...

Planned spending...

Cinema sometime over the weekend with dd..
    I have 2 birthdays this month, well not mine obviously I am not the queen.. birthday pot will cover these..
    No socials planned for April.. I expect I will get together with BFF probably here over a bottle of bubbles..

Plans for April.. walk.. and eat less cheese....!

I am going to try to get out tomorrow to do another ot visit and I have one booked for next weekend so that will be 4 lots in my next pay if I don't do any others..but I don't want to start relying on this as its not a constant stream of income, next month it will get potted...!

Right off for a cuppa and later into town to collect a prescription and the odds and sods that got missed off the food shop as per..

Happy Easter.. Love Puzz. x

:EasterBun
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :easter_os

Well not exactly gone to plan as I pulled a muscle in my neck yesterday so have cancelled today's visit to relatives and have had an afternoon in bed.... feel a bit better now... the joys of getting older I can only have done it whilst hoovering that was the most active thing I did yesterday...

Did manage to get out and do my visit though so more pennies for a pot..!!

Forgot to add in my finance's update that my loan to LF is now down to £2400.. just 24 more payments to go...

DMP now standing at £23289.27... its a slow crawl at paying £30 a month.... never mind, come summer 2019 I should have less outgoings after dd finishes her year aboard and then 2020, I will be rolling in it...!:rotfl: Plenty of time to save up for some f & f's then..

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Poor you. Moral of the story is you need someone else to do the hoovering.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback