Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Poor you. Moral of the story is you need someone else to do the hoovering.
    :rotfl:

Sorry about your pulled muscle, Puzz:eek:. I hope you're feeling better now.

All this miserable weather isn't helping much is it? I feel decidedly glum when it's so grey and wet:(. Maybe you did the damage dragging the hoover out of it's storage place or carrying it up/down stairs. I used to have a Dyson and it weighed a ton:eek:. Being a pensioner and just under 5ft 2 inches I hated carrying it up and down stairs, especially as we have a polished (well, not polished as often as it should be:o) open-tread staircase:eek:. An accident waiting to happen IMO. I sold it and bought a more lightweight one. It hasn't magically made me hoover more often though. Can't think why;)

Great news about the Mum debt balance:T:beer:
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl:

Sorry about your pulled muscle, Puzz:eek:. I hope you're feeling better now.

All this miserable weather isn't helping much is it? I feel decidedly glum when it's so grey and wet:(. Maybe you did the damage dragging the hoover out of it's storage place or carrying it up/down stairs. I used to have a Dyson and it weighed a ton:eek:. Being a pensioner and just under 5ft 2 inches I hated carrying it up and down stairs, especially as we have a polished (well, not polished as often as it should be:o) open-tread staircase:eek:. An accident waiting to happen IMO. I sold it and bought a more lightweight one. It hasn't magically made me hoover more often though. Can't think why;)

Great news about the Mum debt balance:T:beer:

Hi cbc,

Neck all recovered in time to go back to work after the bank holiday.... typical....

New hoover is definitely on my list for when I have more pennies...!

xx
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Morning..

so another week has flown past... nothing exciting to report about last week... Busy weekend as trying to start getting sorted for my sister coming to stay for a few weeks.. also as the sun shone albeit briefly I did manage to get into the garden and clear a bit of my pots.. not sure if I am planting anything this year as looks like I will be away for a bit of the summer and I don't think OH can be bothered looking after anything I am growing...

Managed another OT visit on saturday.. £££ well bit smaller than that actually but all helps...!

Yesterday we visited OH's mum and dropped dd back to uni house.. a little £40 spend for me on gas/electric.. hopefully the last lot now.. along with the just short of £50 for the water bill.. roll on just having one house to pay utilities on...!

So am home alone after having dd here for 2 1/2 weeks, she is now on her last term and finishes mid may...:eek:

Current plan is I am travelling with dd when she heads off abroad in August for a week maybe.. luckily I have been saving for this as well.....

Now I need to catch up with all my admin.. have a letter to do to Prat updating my payment plan.. staying the same as far as I am concerned.. they would like to offer me a f & f... do you think they would accept £20...:rotfl: Not even playing that game yet.. maybe in 2020...

Feeling quite poor this month, but hopefully no unusual spends needed until the next payday.. although I do have 2 birthdays this week that both need cash...and I need to buy 4 cards...

Still haven't done any walking... shocking puzz... hope to get started this week....

And now best sort this letter out for Prat and then go off into the office and show my face...!

Have a good week..

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Morning...

So still not much to report over here... still poor but at least its only a week till payday...:T

Been doing lots of working...no walking... bad puzz.... and no overtime so far this month as I have been trying to get the house/garden in a reasonably condition for our house guest who arrives next week...

Loving the sunshine but not loving my chubby little body very much...still only I can do something about that and my time has been quite limited and I am a bit lazy... eating going okay its just the exercise I am lacking. must do better for May...

Meeting LF for lunch in between meetings today, haven't seen him for ages as he didn't want to meet up during his treatment.. he doesn't get the final diagnosis until middle of may to determine if it worked...

No money news.. I have updated a few of the creditors with my new i & e.. still only paying £5 each.. they seem happy with that...

Lots of house jobs still to do and clearing my pots nearly complete but think I will just plant something green that doesn't require too much attention this year...LM will be over at the weekend to play Alan Titchmarsh...:rotfl:

OH did mow the lawn before he went away on Monday and the house has stayed lovely and clean and tidy ish.. apart from cat fur of course....

Right best get on, as I need to be somewhere in half an hour...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    i know your pain re the fur. our blond lab has just started her summer shed. we are finding bunnies everywhere!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Happy Hump Day...

Payday looming closer, just tomorrow to get through but big shopping order coming as Relative arriving on Friday... have moved some money from pots to cover it as I don't have an overdraft and although have enough to cover it you never know....

Sorted car insurance for the year.. renewal quote £267.. Got it for £182... bargain....

LM came over on Sunday and we went plant shopping and she paid... very :money: and then she sat in the sun drinking wine whilst I did the planting... garden looks a little better anyway..

OH back and annoyingly only working 1 shift this week so under my feet every evening.. and making messes.....

Still got to get room finished for relative... OH needs to fix a shelf before I make up the bed and hoover... maybe he will do it tonight......

Right I am off out again now to play in the sun/rain.. coat or no coat type weather...

Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope OH did the shelf. If he's anything like my OH, he takes forever to do stuff around the house. I told him the other day I was going to get someone in to paint the lounge ceiling as I am sick of waiting for him to do it now....thought it might push him to do it, but no luck...LOL
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Hope OH did the shelf. If he's anything like my OH, he takes forever to do stuff around the house. I told him the other day I was going to get someone in to paint the lounge ceiling as I am sick of waiting for him to do it now....thought it might push him to do it, but no luck...LOL

Hi Ploppy,

He did do the 3 jobs on the list.. but only because my relative was coming to stay...:rotfl:

Puzz
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :j:j Friday....

Been a bit quiet as have my relative to stay and don't get much time on my own....! I do now have a quiet weekend which is good so time for an update..

Unfortunately one of my cca's has come back with what they say is an enforceable agreement... Have scanned it over to AAD as I don't trust any of them...!!! Fingers crossed as its just over 4K....:(

But we shall see.. if it is enforceable then they can have a fiver a month too...

Out with relative for a day in the week so I am £50 poorer.. could have done without it really but hey ho.. and another day next week visiting dd so that will be at least another £50..:(

Then a night out with the girls on the Friday... I am going to be poor this month....

Working today and then bff coming over tonight for a nachos evening and good chats.. always nice.... No other plans for the weekend and whatever I do must be cheap...!!!

That's about it for now.. enjoy the sunshine.. and over a bank holiday.....:j

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 May 2018 at 12:16PM
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've been having (and probably will still have) spendy times, Puzz, but at least you're having fun and making memories:beer:. You certainly have a better, more interesting life than me:(

Feeling really annoyed this morning as I've had to sort out a problem with my bank's DD to Capital One. I was delighted to get this credit card and have worked so hard to use it properly, always paying the balance in full by DD every month. As a result, because I was such a good girl;), they doubled my credit limit from £500 to £1000. It's not that I want or need this amount of money and certainly don't intend to spend it but I feel my rehabilitation towards financial reliability had really started after my horrendous mess-ups over credit in the past.

I decided to jump the gun at the end of April and pay the full card balance online a few days prior to the DD due date. All went well, payment confirmed etc and I had plenty of money in my current account to cover it. Fast forward to this morning when I checked my bank statement online only to see that Cap One attempted to also take the full balance by DD when I'd already paid it in full a few days previously:eek:. This resulted in the DD payment being returned and my bank account having a £56 deficit showing:mad:.

Nationwide were brilliant on the phone, said it was just a timing issue and as I had a basic account which is designed to help people with their finances there is never any fee added for this sort of mess:j. I quickly phoned Cap One as I didn't want any negative markers on my credit card account. The nice man immediately waived the £12 fee:j. I just wanted them to know that I'm a reliable borrower and have bust a gut to maintain my unblemished record with them.

I hope you have good news from AAD about your 'enforceable' debt:beer:. I still need to scan and transmit my paperwork about my old Tesco one that I had to wait 8 months to receive. What they sent looks very scant to me, I'm keeping everything crossed that it isn't compliant.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday long weekend:dance:. I'm doing a car boot sale on Sunday and Monday. I really MUST get this clutter out of my life. Any cash made from it will be nice too;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback