LloydsTSB PPI Payment

Options
1340341342343344346»

Comments

• moomoo4444
    Options
    hi all,
    well i have finally been paid what has been owed to me since i started my claim May 2011. I want to thank this wonderful site for the advice and help that has been given to me .:beer:
    I hope every single one of you get your money soon ,its still so wrong that we have been made to wait this long :mad:
  • nickrodger
    Options
    I recieved a letter with an offer in early September 2011, and despite numerous calls to Lloyds, and confirmation that 'my payment is being processed and will be sent out within 28days', I am still yet to hear anything...:mad:
  • Blakenicola
    Options
    Thank you so much Gringo2000 for your advice about getting my PPI money from Lloyds. Having got nowhere with the Financial Ombundsman and experienced months of being fobbed off by Lloyds while waiting for my money to come through I followed your advice and sent a letter to Lloyds asking for the money they owed me within 14 days or I would take it to court. Within a week my figure had been calculated and I got the details in the post. A few days before the end of the 14 days I had not received my money so I sent a reminder saying if I didn't have my money by 11th July I would pursue it through court and low and behold my money arrived in my account on 11th! Still hasn't sunk in, I am thrilled to have received £5606. My interest of about £900 will follow shortly (so LLoyds say!) and my loan has been recalculated minus the PPI.

Thank you so much Gringo2000, I recommend trying this for anyone who has been waiting so long. Lloyds say they have delays but don't seem willing to clear the backlog and the Financial Ombundsman don't seem to be able to do a thing.
  • Blakenicola
    Options
    gringo2000 wrote: »
    Have you had any further response from Lloyds TSB since you sent them confirmation that you were accepting their offer?

If so, what did they say?

If not, my advice would be to send them a polite but firm letter stating that they made you an offer in March 2012 and you have since sent them confirmation that you wish to accept their offer but have heard nothing since. Make it clear that this is further confirmation that you wish to confirm their offer (incase it got lost in the post - or they've conveniently lost it....).

As they've made you an offer, they have admitted that they owe you money - therefore, if you give them a fair deadline, you can claim your money back via court - so politely state in your letter that you are setting them a deadline of 35 days (28 days + 7 days to allow for postal time) from the date of your letter.

Then print TWO copies of your letter and send them to the following address by RECORDED POST (this ensures that you can get a proof of delivery should they say they haven't recieved it....)

Letter One:
    Lloyds TSB,
    PPI Customer Relations,
    BX1 1LT.

Letter Two:
    Lloyds TSB,
    Tredegar Park,
    Newport,
    NP10 8SB.

The first address is their PPI address - and the second address is their main headquarters.

The threat of court usually results in them paying up - it worked for me, and its worked for others on here too after I told them what I did to get my money. Thats because Lloyds know that if you take them to court, and you win your case (which you should do if they've admitted that they owe you money and you've set them a fair deadline to pay up by), they'll have to pay you the money that they owe you anyway - plus additional court costs.

I hope that helps!

Remember the important parts - give them a fair deadline to pay you by (ie, you can say on Monday that you want paying by Friday - you have to be fair. The general guideline on the courts website is, if I recall, 14 days minimum - any less and your court case will be thrown out on the grounds that you haven't set a fair deadline). Make sure you also send your letters by recorded post. This is vital because if Lloyds fail to respond, the courts may want to see proof that Lloyds TSB have recieved the letters. If you have a proof of delivery, you have evidence. If you don't have proof of delivery, they could say the letters have been lost in the post - and you can't prove otherwise, and would probably lose your case.

DO NOT email them your deadline. Do everything by post. Emails can get lost in cyberspace - or they can be picked up by someone else and lost/buried on a system and forgotten about.

Just posted a thhank you to Gringo2000 here is his original post for reference!
  • oddziees
    oddziees Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Hubby's received a settlement!!! Started 6th January 2012!!!! THANKS everyone for keeping us going, we really thought that we'd never hear from them. Any idea how long the cheque takes to arrive? LOL.
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We actually received another cheque recently saying they had made a mistake in their calculations and gave us some more money hehe, jokers. lloyds account is long gone now thank the Lord.
  • eaststandjack
    Options
    Hi
    New to the forum, i am waiting for a reply for missold ppi from Lloyds and it has been 8 weeks since i started it. Does anyone know a non premium number so i can ring them as the have only given me an 0845 number

Ta
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport