Vodafone Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• turningAcorner_3
    Options
    Pove,

Great advice. Thanks for that. :)

I'd never of thought of asking for half price line rental.

Will post back with my results next week.
  • povemeister
    Options
    And most importantly of all - to get the best deal - dont press the ' i want to upgrade' option on the telephone system, press the option for 'wanting to cancel' ! The sales dept have less powers to discount than the cancellations dept.
  • giantsunflower
    Options
    Hi Povemeister

How nice of you to offer your knowledge to us. I wonder if you can help me as I'm coming up for renewal shortly:

Currently on:

£25 per month
    225 min Anytime (150min + 50% extra)
    100 texts
    Stop the Clock
    Passport
    12 month contract

Two questions for you:

How much could I get this package or something similar down to if I keep my phone another year?

I have a SE K800i - would there be anything in the SE range that would be worth upgrading to - the feature that I use most is the camera so will you be getting the K850i anytime soon with the 5mp camera or something similar? If so, how much would this cost?

Thank you very much
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work for vodafone so if any of you are looking for a good deal on an upgrade - let me know what you have at the moment, how much your bills are usually and what phone your looking for and i'll tell you what you can expect to get as the best possible deal!

Hi there, just a quick question please, im doing well with my cutting my contracts down 3 down to 1 at the moment but the k850i is hitting the shops soon and in an ideal situation i would like to keep my number, my current contract is 200 mins 250 texts and will run till end december or begining of january what do you think would be the best option for me:confused: What im thinking is hopefully upgrade early or paying off my contract 3 x 27 £81 so if i can upgrade for that amount i would be happy or is there another option of possibly reducing this contract down any? And starting a second which im trying to be good and not do?

Any thoughts please?
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • totatola
    Options
    I work for vodafone so if any of you are looking for a good deal on an upgrade - let me know what you have at the moment, how much your bills are usually and what phone your looking for and i'll tell you what you can expect to get as the best possible deal!

Hi povemeister, I'm currently on Anytime 200 with STC, passport and 500 texts for £30/month but usually spend about £35/month once wap and mms charges have been added. What's the best deal I can expect to get when renewing this contract? I'm not looking to upgrade my phone right now, I'd just like to get my current deal as cheaply as possible. Thanks!
  • womble65
    womble65 Posts: 578 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

I expect you've gone to bed by now, anyway i'm coming to the end of an 18mt contract where both my o/h and I have a phone both paying £15 per mth we get 100 free minutes and 50 free texts (each). I don't think we've ever used all the minutes or the texts but I prefer to have a contract instead of pay as you go. What sort of deal could I get please?
    :EasterBun Everyone seems normal until you get to know them
  • chalky_bertie
    chalky_bertie Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Thanks for all your help on this thread. Just a quickie really, wanting to know wether Vodafone have any "deals" on bundling a mobile contract with the broadband package at the moment. I am thinking about leaving Vodafone and go to Orange to get the free broadband for any phone packages at £35per month or higher.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • faza20
    faza20 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Vodafone do have a home broadband offering for it's contract customers. You can find out more on the Vodafone At Home website.
  • povemeister
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply guys - just got back off holiday today.

Sunflower - your cheapest option will certainly be to keep the existing phone and renew on a 1 year deal - you'll get the same deal your on with 9 months half price line rental. - Don't accept less than this.

Or if your thinking of holding off for another week or so for the k850i with the 5mp camera, you should definately get it for free on an 18month deal same plan - maybe 12months same plan depending on what your average spend is per month. If its over 35 a month i would probably say yes.

Hope this helps
  • povemeister
    Options
    Totatola - the max discount vodafone will give if your not having a new handset is 9 months half price on a 12 month deal - but on your current tariff, you have got the option of doing an 18 month deal with 15 months half price which takes the average line rental cost down just a tad.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback