Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Wow well done PIB

I have just got back from group. It has shrunk a lot as old consultant left and they had interim ones for a while but new one been in place just over a month and she seems good. A number of old faces there and I was welcomed back with lots of hugs.
    I was worried I would have gained back all I had lost and more but relieved to say I havent. I'm 3.5lb less than I was when I first started.

About to start planning the week.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    kathrynha~~That's good then :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kathryn that's a good place to be starting from. You do a lot of looking after others, so time to look after you.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on getting back to group and that the new consultant seems to be good. That always helps! Don't think I'd of stuck it as long if the consultant hadn't been good - although have to say she's a bit nutty too! As I live on the coast we get quite a lot of visitors during the summer and nearly all of them say that our group is much better and more fun than their home group. We've got a lady at the moment who has been with us since about April and will be with us until the end of October when she'll be going back to her home group and she says she's not really looking forward to it! She has a caravan in the area which is why she's here all summer.

Today's plan:

B - porridge; pineapple, grapes & strawberries, skinny syrup - HEB, F, F, S, F
    L - ham salad sandwich - P, S, 6 Syns. Plus whatever I have after the funeral but hopefully all F, P or S
    D - LO beef jerk stew with jacket potato - P, S, F

HEA - milk in tea plus some in porridge (I make with water)
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - 2 WM bread 6

Denise
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Feels good to be back. Almost a relief. Taking back control.

Today's plan :
    Breakfast - bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
    Lunch - hm ramen
    Dinner - sausage and lentil risotto. Normally cook all together but going to try cooking sausages separately and I'll have the linda mccartney ones that I found when I defrosted the freezer.
    Snacks - veg and hummus, sw Eton mess, hi fi bars, nice coffee, sf jelly

HAs - milk
    HB - hi fi bars
    Syns - coconut (2), miso (0.5), hummus (3), meringue (2.5), sf jelly (0.5)

Feel like there are lots of snacks planned but hopefully that will stop me veering off plan.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's a brilliant loss PIB. 5 stone!!!:T:T:T

As you're not a veggie kathrynha you could always just cook everyone else's sausages in the risotto and just do the LM ones separately? Which sausages do you normally use? I'm a covert to the Aldi skinny ones at half a syn. :)

Not sure what's happening today. I have to go into the city centre so it'll depend if I get hungry. Normally I can resist easily and just eat when I get home. Will report back later.:)
  • kathrynha
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's a brilliant loss PIB. 5 stone!!!:T:T:T

As you're not a veggie kathrynha you could always just cook everyone else's sausages in the risotto and just do the LM ones separately? Which sausages do you normally use? I'm a covert to the Aldi skinny ones at half a syn. :)

Not sure what's happening today. I have to go into the city centre so it'll depend if I get hungry. Normally I can resist easily and just eat when I get home. Will report back later.:)

The sausage is cut up small which is why I feel cooking all sausage seperate is best. When on plan I normally use the aldi skinny ones so I can cope with the syns, but they are the aldi regular ones I bought and don't want to waste syns on them. The LM ones need using up though. There is a reason they had been relegated to the back of the freezer :)

Hope you manage to resist in the city centre. I find nandos is a good option if you can't resist.
    Zebras rock
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Oh my word bought some Heck chicken sausages last night in Costco, duly frozen, but they are big daddies in comparison to the usual ones in the supermarket, looking a bit like the Richmond beef ones. Will need to work syns but will be worth it!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Kathryn for going back, glad it seems like a nice group :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure