We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that.

There's a woman here who is nearing a 100 but a few years back she was still driving. She asked me once not to think her rude if she didn't wave to me as she drove about as she really couldn't see much at all!
    She had an old Citreon CV and the telly would go all liney as she went passed.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    She had an old Citreon CV and the telly would go all liney as she went passed.

I didn't think any of those would last 10 minutes in your climate!

We bought a Citroen Visa as a stop gap once and it was certainly entertaining to drive. The boot filled with water every time it rained. :eek:

After we'd bought it, I discovered one of my work colleagues had owned it, much earlier in it's life. They were amazed it was still alive.

We sold it to a very trendy, gosh, awfully couple.....in the dark! :rotfl:
  • choille
    Options
    She kept it in a storage container that had come off the back of a lorry in her garden. It was loved.
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    Treated myself to this folding potting bench from Amazon Warehouse (someone's returned item)

Was potting on some agave 'pups', hence the amount of perlite in the mix...

WP_20150828_16_48_48_Pro_LI_zpsh3anirei.jpg
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very nice IHS
  • choille
    Options
    Very nice IHS.

I lost all my Agaves a couple of really harsh Winters back. They were in the shed - the oldest was ancient = 30+ years. I lost all my house plants then.

The agarve was put outside only in the Summer. They can give you a reet !!!!! with the spikes.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Another frustrating day here, when the leccytricians were supposed to be turning-up at some point, but didn't, till they got my text about no hot water.

I knew I only had to threaten I'd temporarily wire the immersion in myself! :rotfl:Would've done too, just like the oven. :p

So, hot water again at last, but I had to wait around, cutting lawns, instead of getting on with things properly. No one else here today. :mad:

Last night, I missed a phone call from Pete, who was all ready to dig out for the oil tank base, so again, I waited, but no call. :(

No word from kitchen co about missing appliances.... and the plumbers....well forget them now till Tuesday week at the earliest. It's Holiday Time....:cool:

Even our builder can't make it early next week, though I'm pleased for him, because this means he is finding other people as news of his abilities spreads.....:A

BiL and new SiL are in the caravan and the Outlaws are heading this way next week, but mercifully, staying in a hotel as this place is far from comfy, with a set of bunk beds as the only sleeping arrangement. We must do this more often! :rotfl:
  • choille
    Options
    Hope that things are solved & sorted on Tuesday Dave - we had a bath with the add of a length of hose pipe - which looks rather out of place in posh bathroom but a necessity at the mo - no doors no lights but hot water.

We are one bedroomed - 2 offices when it's finished but obviously no spare bedrooms for outlaws!
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It has been a frustrating week. DS2 has been to Newcastle to look at courses and signed up to do a retail course. I read the blurb and could've cried as it so wasn't him. He desperately wants to go to sixth form. I have sent some strongly worded emails to school to see if they will relent.

Anyway after some searching on the internet, he has found a course which means he will be boarding from a Sunday night until a Thursday night and on placement on Friday which still needs to be sorted. This Thursday he has got an interview and if all goes well he has to go on Saturday, which ties in well for dropping DD1 at uni.

This meant that I've had to do loads of extra shopping, duvets, pots and pans etc all not budget for.

We are doing a local show on Monday. OH has made 2 trips to Leeds to collect machines. We have had some other machines delivered specially for the show and have just realised that they haven't left the keys. AAAAARRRGGHH
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Hope the school relents, lucielle. It's a lousy way to select, and exactly how I scraped into the grammar school cramming class at the tender age of 10. One less mark in Year 5 and my propects would have been different......Doesn't bear thinking about!:eek:

Retail's where my DD2 is, but it's badly paid. The up-side is there are retail establishments in every area. She now has confirmation of a management job in Bristol, but somewhere to live would be nice.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback