LloydsTSB PPI Payment

Options

Comments

• philpoticus
    Options
    If they are only just on letters dated start of August wheres my money?? :( my letter was dated 25th july!!
    It is very annoying, If it was the other way round and i had a DD out of my account and didn't have the funds they would charge me :mad:
    Getting really frustrated now!

Hey Funny bunny, do you have anymore of your loan to pay off? On my letter it basically said, if you didnt want them to put it towards the rest of the loan, ring up. I wanted it in my account so I could choose what to do with it. By the sounds of my letter if I didnt ring up they'd have put it straight towards what was left on my loan.
  • funny_bunny_2
    Options
    Hey Funny bunny, do you have anymore of your loan to pay off? On my letter it basically said, if you didnt want them to put it towards the rest of the loan, ring up. I wanted it in my account so I could choose what to do with it. By the sounds of my letter if I didnt ring up they'd have put it straight towards what was left on my loan.
    No loan was paid off over 5 years ago x
  • daveyboy85
    Options
    I am having the same problem, received letter on the 30th July, got told 21 working days and still nothing. Have rang them numerous times just to get told the same old rubbish, they dont have a time scale. Rang last tuesday and spoke to a manager who has now Prioritised it, bust still not given a time scale. Now been 52 days!!!! I have seeked some legal advice and was told that I should not have to wait this long plus as i was told 21 working days to start with they are now in breach off contract and I can take them to the civil courts and claim interest + court costs. Was advised to send LLoyds a letter giving them notice, saying I want money within x amount off days otherwise i will take this to court.
  • Ipswich1984
    Options
    daveyboy85 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem, received letter on the 30th July, got told 21 working days and still nothing. Have rang them numerous times just to get told the same old rubbish, they dont have a time scale. Rang last tuesday and spoke to a manager who has now Prioritised it, bust still not given a time scale. Now been 52 days!!!! I have seeked some legal advice and was told that I should not have to wait this long plus as i was told 21 working days to start with they are now in breach off contract and I can take them to the civil courts and claim interest + court costs. Was advised to send LLoyds a letter giving them notice, saying I want money within x amount off days otherwise i will take this to court.

I did wonder if anyone would go down this route, it depends on whether you can prove you were told 21 days, as I know in my case none of the paperwork they have sent me has no timescales.

I had an email reply from Lloyds today asking me to ring to give details of where I would like my refund paid to as they cant say how long it will be before my acceptance letter will be looked at.
    So looks like I have another long wait on the phone tomorrow, just hope they can see the email so they know what they have to do.

Bonus is that they have said they have looked at all the loans I had with them so it will be a nice surprise when I get the amount I hope.
  • daveyboy85
    Options
    I was told over the phone 21 working days and I hoping that all there calls a recorded so they should have a record off me ringing and them acutely saying this. Good luck prob wait best part off two months. Yeh should be a nice amount your getting back
  • Biggles78
    Options
    This has happened to me. My letter from LloydsTSB was dated 3rd August. I waited until the 10th and phoned them. I was told it would be in my account within 28 days. I waited until last Wednesday and spent a longt time (45 minutes) trying to get through on my lunch break. I eventually got through after another 45 minutes on my mobile on the Thursday. i was told they would not be able to give me any time scale as there was a back log. The woman would give me no approximate idea of how behind they were etc. This is their 'dedicated' PPi help line. If they don't know when things are getting done, how are we? What aggrevates me is if they have a dedicated team dealing with this, how can they be so behind? I am a Lloyds customer so the money should reach me straight away. Maybe I will be 'unable to give a timescale' when I have to pay a bill to them! I telephoned the Ombudsman and they confirmed that they were behind but they said that if i got them invlved it would take over a year to be resolved. I have already waited for three years and I want my money!!
  • Ipswich1984
    Options
    daveyboy85 wrote: »
    I was told over the phone 21 working days and I hoping that all there calls a recorded so they should have a record off me ringing and them acutely saying this. Good luck prob wait best part off two months. Yeh should be a nice amount your getting back

Be aware of Lloyds and their recorded calls as I queried something said to me over the phone and I asked them to check this.

I provided them with the names, dates and times of the 2 calls I was querying and they couldn't trace either call.

They asked me for the number I called from, but because I called from work and our numbers are withheld so couldn't give them a number. They then said there is nothing more they could do.

So make sure you can provide all that information and you should be fine.

When I spoke to someone on Saturday they said payment is usually 4 weeks from date acceptance is received, but it's probably 2 weeks on top of that so I apparently should hear on 17th october. Not holding my breath though.
  • philpoticus
    Options
    Biggles78 wrote: »
    This has happened to me. My letter from LloydsTSB was dated 3rd August. I waited until the 10th and phoned them. I was told it would be in my account within 28 days. I waited until last Wednesday and spent a longt time (45 minutes) trying to get through on my lunch break. I eventually got through after another 45 minutes on my mobile on the Thursday. i was told they would not be able to give me any time scale as there was a back log. The woman would give me no approximate idea of how behind they were etc. This is their 'dedicated' PPi help line. If they don't know when things are getting done, how are we? What aggrevates me is if they have a dedicated team dealing with this, how can they be so behind? I am a Lloyds customer so the money should reach me straight away. Maybe I will be 'unable to give a timescale' when I have to pay a bill to them! I telephoned the Ombudsman and they confirmed that they were behind but they said that if i got them invlved it would take over a year to be resolved. I have already waited for three years and I want my money!!

My letter was also dated the 3rd of aug. I spoke to someone today, he said they were updated this morn and were told there on letters dated the 5-8th Aug today, they had about 8500 to process for that period. he said it should be anytime now and probably in the process and to ring on Fri if not in. its a farce, they have this money set aside 3.2billion. my interest was only calculated till the end if August. I bet I don't get Sept and at this rate, Octobers interest!
  • Ipswich1984
    Options
    My letter was also dated the 3rd of aug. I spoke to someone today, he said they were updated this morn and were told there on letters dated the 5-8th Aug today, they had about 8500 to process for that period. he said it should be anytime now and probably in the process and to ring on Fri if not in. its a farce, they have this money set aside 3.2billion. my interest was only calculated till the end if August. I bet I don't get Sept and at this rate, Octobers interest!

I think Lloyds knew this was going to happen and perhaps this is why they stopped calculating refunds before acceptance is received.

I have been told that the day mine is looked at it will be calculated and issued to my account the same day. So hopefully my interest will be calculated up to the day it's issued.
  • funny_bunny_2
    Options
    What I don't understand is, I didn't have to send off an acceptance form, just had to ring if I don't accept the offer. So how long before they decide I've accepted their offer??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure