PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

eat for 50p a day

Options

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tallyhoh wrote: »
    I can eat for 50p a day & can join you. However most of my food is already in the freezer YS, & veg from the allotment & flour etc in the cupboards.

If I priced it up, for example 2 sausages out of freezer which were YS 16p for 20, would that be cheating? or do I have to go out & buy things?

No not cheating at all, theres no right or wrong way to do it and I`d love to see what you can eat for 50p. this to me is a bit of fun and on a more serious note a way of giving a little to those who are not so fortunate. I am not planning on too much reduced myself as it wouldn't be that much of a challenge to me as I could probably do it for a month with whats already in . or what I am lucky enough to be able to get regularly.

I think what I like most about it is that different ideas are shared and put out there, if someone only spots a days plan that they can do, that's got to be good.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    Options
    But chocolate's high in calories and you need calories :)
    30p/bar in Aldi/Lidl. Two slices of bread with a bar of chocolate melted in the middle = main meal of the day.

:)

Ooh ... I think bananas cost 12p, so eat one of those for breakfast to tick the "X-a-day" criteria :)

Nailed it!

And there's 4p change.

Noooooo my jeans are telling me I need less calories so if I can find a cheap cabbage I`ll make soup, don't make me laugh lovely cos what I save on food will cost a fortune on Tena ladies.
    Slimming World at target
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    Noooooo my jeans are telling me I need less calories so if I can find a cheap cabbage I`ll make soup, don't make me laugh lovely cos what I save on food will cost a fortune on Tena ladies.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Denise

Do you need to change your signature meg? ;)
  • meg72
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Do you need to change your signature meg? ;)

No Lovely I don't but top end now rather than low, have just been put on meds for underactive thyroid and struggling to stay on target,

Just keep reminding myself that I never want to go back to sitting crying in the bath due to the pain of arthritis before I lost the weight.
    Slimming World at target
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No Lovely I don't but top end now rather than low, have just been put on meds for underactive thyroid and struggling to stay on target,

Just keep reminding myself that I never want to go back to sitting crying in the bath due to the pain of arthritis before I lost the weight.

That's great news meg . Proud of you for maintaining and doing the charity challenge. :T

P. S. Hope the medication helps. :)
  • joedenise
    Options

I had a similar problem with an underachieve thyroid. It does sort itself out eventually. I've been at target most of time since mid 2012! Tend to only go out a bit when I go on a long holiday to France (too much French bread, cheese & red wine, LOL!).

As Maman said, well done to you for still being in target. You could always come back and join us on the SW thread.

Denise
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 April 2019 at 10:03PM
    Options
    I shan't join in but you might like my favourite meal from years of living on £13 a week.

Tesco's most basic pack of noodles - Hearty Food currently 15p ? - includes a flavour sachet, and can at a pinch be divided across 2 meals. Cooks in 3 minutes, add thin strips of sliced carrot and/or broccoli bits to cook at the same time.

Also consider Golden Savoury rice 25p - makes 3 portions. 20 minute cook.
    Cooking bacon 57p will last the week, or 6 eggs.
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was just doing my meal plan and thought this may be of use to you.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/kidney-bean-curry

I cook double the quantity and freeze the rest and add quite a bit of (frozen) veg but it's very, very easy and tasty. I have it with rice, but you could have a naan or pitta.

I'm sure I worked it out to around 35p a portion?
  • joedenise
    Options
    Meg Just wondered how you got on with the 50p a day challenge? Assume you've finished it now!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport