Iresa Limited - New Energy Company?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dhanepud wrote: »
    Iresa is coming cheapest to me as well. But I am looking for feedback but as they are new there is not much on web. Any feedback would be very valuable.

My experience of new suppliers is that they take a lot of care of early entrants. Problems come when the business reaches the point where resources don't match increasing customer numbers. Don't expect 5star websites etc: most of the new suppliers keep things very simple.
  • leon103
    leon103 Posts: 732 Forumite
    Options
    They are also coming up cheapest in my area. I have scanned the terms and conditions and couldn't find anything to alarming. It did say that I promise to keep my account clear. So do they adjust the DD each month? How did people find the switch? I owe my current company about £100 will Iresa take on that debit?
    :p
  • System
    Options
    leon103 wrote: »
    I owe my current company about £100 will Iresa take on that debit?

Normally 'no' for standard meters. Your present supplier will raise a Final Bill and expect you to pay all that you owe. If you think about it, it wouldn't make sense for a new supplier to take on un-necessary consumer debt. This is why they want the first monthly payment in advance of supply.
  • leon103
    leon103 Posts: 732 Forumite
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Normally 'no' for standard meters. Your present supplier will raise a Final Bill and expect you to pay all that you owe. If you think about it, it wouldn't make sense for a new supplier to take on un-necessary consumer debt. This is why they want the first monthly payment in advance of supply.

Thanks for that. Just realised my last bill was based on an estimate so it isn't £100 after all.
    :p
  • dhanepud
    Options
    I have more than £100 credit with SSE. So if I switch SSE will pay this amount back to my account (there is no exit fees with SSE)

How easy were Iresa to switch?
  • deltaseven77
    Options
    I started a switch to this provider online, and it went fairly smoothly - until my current provider called and offered me a better deal than was available on the website when I changed to Iresa. I agreed to stay with them, and they rejected Iresa's application to switch. I called Iresa immediately I finished the call with my current provider, and told them I had changed my mind. They advised that they would cancel their end and refund the direct debit they had already taken (before the switch had gone through). I cancelled the direct debit.
    The next day, Iresa called me to query why I had cancelled the DD, and I advised them again. They again told me that the DD would be refunded.
    This didn't happen, and the switch went through on Iresa's system. I have spent over an hour with them on the phone today, trying to resolve this as Scottish Power believe they are my provider, and so do Iresa. Iresa are telling me that it is after the 14 day cooling off period, and I am stuck with them (although I cancelled inside the 14 day cooling off period). They have no record of any of the conversations I have had with them (on the day I cancelled, the day they called me, or even this morning when they promised to call me back!).

I'm stuck in the middle, and becoming very frustrated - and regretting trusting Iresa as a new energy supplier.
  • System
    Options
    I started a switch to this provider online, and it went fairly smoothly - until my current provider called and offered me a better deal than was available on the website when I changed to Iresa. I agreed to stay with them, and they rejected Iresa's application to switch. I called Iresa immediately I finished the call with my current provider, and told them I had changed my mind. They advised that they would cancel their end and refund the direct debit they had already taken (before the switch had gone through). I cancelled the direct debit.
    The next day, Iresa called me to query why I had cancelled the DD, and I advised them again. They again told me that the DD would be refunded.
    This didn't happen, and the switch went through on Iresa's system. I have spent over an hour with them on the phone today, trying to resolve this as Scottish Power believe they are my provider, and so do Iresa. Iresa are telling me that it is after the 14 day cooling off period, and I am stuck with them (although I cancelled inside the 14 day cooling off period). They have no record of any of the conversations I have had with them (on the day I cancelled, the day they called me, or even this morning when they promised to call me back!).

I'm stuck in the middle, and becoming very frustrated - and regretting trusting Iresa as a new energy supplier.

It may not possible for a supplier to stop a transfer; however, IF notice is given within the 14 day cooling off period, the new supplier is required to switch you back to your old supplier - effectively negating the switch. Personally, this is not something that I would ever do over the phone. I would provide written notice of cancellation, and request written confirmation in return. I suggest that you let SP fight your corner.

You can always invoke the DD Guarantee to get your money back from Iresa.

I have just checked MSE CEC, and Iresa seem to have disappeared from the tables. It may be that they are restricting the number of new customers.
  • System
    Options
    From the Iresa Website:

We are currently not taking new customers. This is because we are currently increasing our capacity to serve more customers.

This is temporary and we will be available soon to take on more customers.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Many Thanks,
    Iresa Sales team
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2016 at 6:47PM
    Options

I started the switch to Iresa on the 18 of June. Heard nothing for two weeks then they took the first payment on the 4 of July. They do not take a payment or contact your current supplier until after the 14 day cooling of period.
    Check your emails for an order acknowledgement email from them and the date between that and the payment being taken.

From their website,

SwitchingProcess.jpg

• We will initiate your transfer in approximately 14 days from the date we receive your order online.
    • Credit Customers: Your first Direct Debit Payment is taken in advance, which is 3 working days after the transfer is initiated.
    • Your supply will be switched to Iresa in approximately 30 days from the order date.
    • We will request a submission of meter reading around your supply start date
  • TRAY70s
    Options
    I got back from holiday to be confronted with a final bill from Npower and was told by the ombudsman that Iresa had taken over my energy account. Npower closed my account on 1st August without my consent and gave it to another energy company called IRESA! ? ive never heard of them or dealt with these ppl. It has been nearly a month without knowing that another energy company has my energy/address and personal details!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure